Theater is my art! (**updated - scroll down first page for more info**)

Started by Mordyan, February 28, 2008, 11:38:27 PM

Mordyan

I made this in several different ways. First, I designed the poster. This is just the postcard image. The ticket info and times will be on the back.

Second, I am directing this show. So I am really excited about it. We start full time rehearsals in 2 weeks.

I'll also design the lights for the show and the set. Thankfully I am not acting in it as well. I prefer not to act and direct at the same time (though I have done it before).

SOawesomeness

o.0 Wow. You're designing the lights and set... o.0
Talented. o.0
I only know one person who directs, designs the lights, set, and acts. o.0 And she's intense and awesome.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Jerry

A Person's a person no matter how small!

Ya, Seeing your Suessical last year was a blast and one of my more memorable road trip adventures worth talking about even tho we only had a small party of 4 theatre go-ers.

The PIT the pit, We were in the Musical PIT! and a cute girl spat (spit?) on me!

and LadyKaren got winked at and then she melted.

it was entertainment that only Suess could bring.

Now its time for Shakespeare's turn... w00t!

Does that mean we could crash at your place again or stay up playing resident evil (or maybe by this point house of dead 2&3?)

I need dates my planning MUST commence!

Karen & Karsima~ You KNOW I'M DRAGGING U TO THIS WHETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT.

And of course per Mordyan (of course)  :P I think a gathering thread is definately in order!

Any I better go back and play with the Circus (Cirque Du Soleil) now... *runs off*
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kazuko

So where is it going to be thrown down?

X3 because Im taking a theater appreciation class and we have to see two plays D: or something theatrical like cirque du soliel or whatevsies

>: I have and Idea for you Mord! Do phantom of the opera as a comedy i swear its gold XD

Mordyan

This is taking place in my neck of the woods, Ukiah (Northern California). The first weekend the shows are on Thursday, April 10th at 7:00 pm, Friday and Saturday, April 11th and 12th at 8:00 pm, Sunday, April 13th at 2:00 pm. The second weekend the shows are Thursday, April 17th at 7:00 pm and Friday and Saturday, April 18th and 19th at 8:00 pm

To sum it up, here is a quote from the authors website:
"All 37 Plays in 97 Minutes! An irreverent, fast-paced romp through the Bard's plays, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) was London's longest-running comedy - 10 years at the Criterion Theatre. Praised by the Los Angeles Times as "wildly funny" and by the Montreal Gazette as "the funniest show you are likely to see in your entire lifetime".

Warning!: This show is a high-speed roller-coaster type condensation of all of Shakespeare's plays, and is not recommended for people with heart ailments, bladder problems, inner-ear disorders and/or people inclined to motion sickness. The RSC cannot be held responsible for expectant mothers."

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on March 02, 2008, 12:41:24 PM
o.0 Wow. You're designing the lights and set... o.0
Talented. o.0
I only know one person who directs, designs the lights, set, and acts. o.0 And she's intense and awesome.
Yeah I have been doing theater tech, acting, and directing for 17 plus years. I wouldn't call myself intense though, just crazy. ::)

Quote from: Jerry on March 03, 2008, 08:49:29 AMDoes that mean we could crash at your place again or stay up playing resident evil (or maybe by this point house of dead 2&3?)

I need dates my planning MUST commence!

And of course per Mordyan (of course)  :P I think a gathering thread is definately in order!
Yes my place is open for business or Smash Bros. I have included the dates and times in this post. Message me when you have picked a date. If enough people show interest I will start a gathering thread separate from this one.

Quote from: Kazuko on March 03, 2008, 05:47:24 PM
>: I have and Idea for you Mord! Do phantom of the opera as a comedy i swear its gold XD
What, you mean it's not a comedy already? Oh wait that was just the movie adaptation.  ;)

Jerry

I'll have to remind Karisma and Karen to open their dates up.

I'm definately down for another road trip adventure. And this time I'll call ahead to make sure seats are available. but I dont mind the PIT EITHER!! HA HA

Just remember to wink at us ALOT

;)

LadyKaren

Quote from: Mordyan on February 28, 2008, 11:38:27 PM

I made this in several different ways. First, I designed the poster. This is just the postcard image. The ticket info and times will be on the back.

Second, I am directing this show. So I am really excited about it. We start full time rehearsals in 2 weeks.

I'll also design the lights for the show and the set. Thankfully I am not acting in it as well. I prefer not to act and direct at the same time (though I have done it before).

<3

Mordyan

Here is the final poster image that we have put up all over town:

Wow the show opens in less than a week!  :o
Tomorrow is our first full technical dress run through and the we have full dress rehearsals for Monday through Wednesday and open Thursday. If people are still interested please let me know.

I have a new cell number. If you dial the old one you will get a recording telling you the new number. I finally got a real cell phone as opposed to the track phone I had been using. If you had my number befor and lost it just Im me and I will get it to you.

Jyunishinsho

Wow...I remember doing the Hamlet portion of this in high school. I really enjoyed doing that since I did multiple characters xD

Can I come with someone to this? 'w'

Kazuko

I should go :x I need to see a play for class

how im getting a ride i have no freeking clue

Jerry

i'm 'trying' (and failing at the same time) to gather some ppl up for the trip.

problem is not every is interested in going 3+ hours up to Ukiah where this play will be held.

I think I need to call Karen and figure out whats the plan if anything this or next weekend.

Jyun, Kazuko - if you seriously interested, PM me and i'll get back to you once i confirm some details with Karen.

Mordyan - if you could PM me your new cell phone number, otherwise I think i have your old home number. Try to have a good hell week. or less chaotic.  :)

Jerry

looks like this weekend might be a NO GO.

sorry Mordyan.  :-[

I'll try to get in touch with ppl hopefully soon and figure out my chances for next weekend. but have an awesome opening weekend!

Mordyan

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on April 09, 2008, 02:45:03 PM
where is Ukiah...?
Ukiah is 2 hours north of San Francisco on Highway 101.

Yeah it's a long drive. I can make it to San Jose in 2 hours and 45 minutes with good traffic.

No worries if you can't make it this weekend. Saturday is a pre-sold private show anyways. But there is a 2 o'clock matinée this Sunday. Next weekend the shows are Thursday 7:00 pm, Friday 8:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 pm. Any of those nights is fine. 

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Jerry on April 10, 2008, 07:58:30 AM
looks like this weekend might be a NO GO.

sorry Mordyan.  :-[

I'll try to get in touch with ppl hopefully soon and figure out my chances for next weekend. but have an awesome opening weekend!

I'll see how my schedule is for next week, and I will get back to you guys with info.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Jerry

sounds like a plan Dr. O keep me posted.

I still need to get a hold of Lady Karen, ive been randomly busy with. um zombies. hopefully something will pan out for next week.

ill keep my fingers crossed.

otakuapprentice

SCHEDULE GET!!!!

i have Thursday through Saturday off next week, but my boss said to keep those days open(they might need me)......screw that, saturday be dedication to better shakespeare, IM DOWN YO!!!
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

mDuo13

I wish I could go. It sounds like fun.

But alas, I'm in LA LA land, writing essays and whatnot.

Jerry

sounds like LA LA land is a tough place. I hate writing papers.  :P

Jerry

*UPDATE*

there is a slight possibility i may have to gracefully bow out.
as in My chances of going have turned into a possible hard MAYBE?...  :-[

I'll keep you guys updated, but I'm sorry for trying to organizining this and then flake-ing out like this last minute.

I'll keep you guys posted.