Happy Plane Ticket Yay!

Started by Moonblossom, March 01, 2008, 11:21:08 AM

Moonblossom

Sorry, I just needed to share, but I got my plane ticket!

I actually got it on Wednesday, when it went down to $600. Today I checked the fares again out of curiosity and saw it had gone down by $50, there was a whole new lower price bracket :( So I called the airline and asked what happened, and the guy was awesome, he was like "I shouldn't do this, but go ahead and make a new booking while I cancel the old one."

So I definitely have my plane ticket now, and at a full $200 less than I thought it would cost me! (Last time I priced it it was $753).

YAAAAY! Now just to wait three months T_T

heeroyuy135

Moonblossom

Glitch

*Shoots confetti.* Hooray! Now all thats left is the pricey hotel. XD

Moonblossom

Thankfully that's already been booked, and at the Hilton, so it's the least expensive option. Although, I am staying there for five nights, so it's still a bang to the wallet ><''

Glitch

I admire your (financial)sacrifice. I tear my hairs out just paying the parking fee.

Moonblossom

Between Fanime and seeing/rooming with my best friend, who I haven't seen in a year, it's worth it!

redroses3164

Wowzas that's a lot of money to go to a con! =D Welp it's worth it so YAY!

Quote from: Moonblossom on March 01, 2008, 05:28:37 PM
Between Fanime and seeing/rooming with my best friend, who I haven't seen in a year, it's worth it!

Aww that's sweet! :)

Trumby

Dang, you coming from the other side of the country?

I bought my plane tickets in January and thankfully they only cost me $233, but I am only coming from Oregon.  I went to AUSA last year and spent $500 on those plane tickets, though <.<
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

Moonblossom

Another country entirely, actually. Eastern Canada :)

TaikoMoon

Wow! Congrats ^_^ Have a safe flight
"Friendly fire isn't"
'08 cosplay(s) All still debatable:
Chibi Maya/tenjho tenge
Ibuki/Street Fighter

phoenixphire24

Yeah! I share in your joy of semi-cheap plane tickets. I managed to nab my early for just about $300 and I'm coming from Wisconsin. Last year my ticket was more like $400.

Moonblossom

Thanks! And nice, phoenix, sounds like you got a good deal too!

Last year my ticket was about $750, so this was a really great suprise for me. More money for dealer room!

G.I.R

At least you two got your tickets before the latest surge in oil prices.  I'm willing to bet air-fares are going to go up pretty soon.

phoenixphire24

Yes, plus I've found that since Memorial Day weekend is a holiday, the prices tend to be higher and those dates are blocked out for sales. Getting them as soon as possible seems to be the only way to get a good deal.  :-\