Who is your daddy and what does he do? The job thread!

Started by ChenCzen, March 02, 2008, 06:22:10 PM

punk_parfait

My dad is a guitarist and painter, he works at this funky gallery downtown.

When I was little I wanted to be a veterinarian... and now that I'm older, I'm in school to be one. Right now I'm a surgery technician for animals. Below, we can see a little bit of my dad's legacy coming through in my casting skillz, haha.

gmontem

I'll skip to the bonus question and say when I was a kid I wanted to be a news reporter.  I think it was an April O'neil crush thing.... She got me so into my English classes that I looked forward to diagramming sentences every school day.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

talu-chan

My dad is the southwest's reginal sale manager for a GE company that sales and leases tractor trailors. He also used to be a airborn ranger green beret in the amry who taught combat to other's

I am a tech agent for a major program provider... at least while I got o school to be a nurse in the oncology field.
These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

~~Loktera~~

My dad is a Machinist, and has been so for almost 20 years. I admire the fact that despite the fact that with that job, he managed to keep me and my siblings raised well enough through some of the harder times.

Right now, I'm a Pharmacists Ancillary. But what I really hope to do is be an artist, whether it's an actual painting, graphic artwork, writing, or otherwise. I just do a little bit of everything.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Jun-Watarase

My goal in life is to life a normal life, in an adequate home, and if I can afford it, support the generations after me and allow my children a normal life-- without debt and the cold.

Long ago, on a cold and windy Christmas Day, Santa Claus had visited be with bad news. He said to me "I'm sorry, but I don't have any presents for you because your family is poor." and that if I want anything in life, I must earn it for myself. Both my parents are unemployed, and heavily in debt from trying to pursue unrealistic dreams instead of managing our life essentials, so I had to work several jobs under a fake ID and social security number, in order to pass as an adult and work for adult hours.

I got fired from my job as a delivery girl because my boss had found out that I was still under-aged, and sent all of my salary to my parents. Knowing they'd spend it recklessly, I rushed home only to find that they had only left a few pieces of change left and I was too late. I didn't see them that Christmas Day... but they did leave me something-- a debt of over 1 million dollars to the mafia. They arrived hours later to collect their payment, but I had nothing to give them. I escaped from my home with nothing but the clothes on my back, otherwise, they would've gutted me and sold my organs as payment.

I was scared, confused, unknowing what to do... Until I met this girl, who was apparently rich and could help me pay my debt. She did just that, and in return, I have to work as her maid for the rest of my life.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 05, 2008, 09:55:33 AM
My goal in life is to life a normal life, in an adequate home, and if I can afford it, support the generations after me and allow my children a normal life-- without debt and the cold.

Long ago, on a cold and windy Christmas Day, Santa Claus had visited be with bad news. He said to me "I'm sorry, but I don't have any presents for you because your family is poor." and that if I want anything in life, I must earn it for myself. Both my parents are unemployed, and heavily in debt from trying to pursue unrealistic dreams instead of managing our life essentials, so I had to work several jobs under a fake ID and social security number, in order to pass as an adult and work for adult hours.

I got fired from my job as a delivery girl because my boss had found out that I was still under-aged, and sent all of my salary to my parents. Knowing they'd spend it recklessly, I rushed home only to find that they had only left a few pieces of change left and I was too late. I didn't see them that Christmas Day... but they did leave me something-- a debt of over 1 million dollars to the mafia. They arrived hours later to collect their payment, but I had nothing to give them. I escaped from my home with nothing but the clothes on my back, otherwise, they would've gutted me and sold my organs as payment.

I was scared, confused, unknowing what to do... Until I met this girl, who was apparently rich and could help me pay my debt. She did just that, and in return, I have to work as her maid for the rest of my life.

Wow, that would make a great plot for an anime. It could have an exciting title like... "Battle Maid Jun" or something.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on March 05, 2008, 10:38:53 AM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 05, 2008, 09:55:33 AM

Wow, that would make a great plot for an anime. It could have an exciting title like... "Battle Maid Jun" or something.

lololol oppai misseru banzai :B

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

DemonLordZabuza

What my father does for a living?  Well thats something my family wonders all the time :D.  All we know is for certain he is a DJ.

Growing up my desire for a career has changed a lot.  It started with science, then a focus on Chemistry, airplane pilot, lawyer, highway patrol person, pretty much bounced everywhere :P.

Now my focus is Civil Engineering, I will be doing that for a while as I study to a teaching degree.  That way once I retire from Engineering I will become a high school teacher.  Yes I said High School.

My current employment, well as some of you know, I am an intern at the City of Watsonville GIS Department.  Awesome job, and very fun :D

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

EdOfNoName

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on March 05, 2008, 02:25:13 PM
Now my focus is Civil Engineering, I will be doing that for a while

My father is a civil engineer. As far as he's concerned, I'm uncivil engineer.  ;) Sometime when I was in high school I realized that I liked math, electronics and computers and wanted to do something high tech. I studied and worked on electronics in the past but have been doing mostly software and algorithms recently.

Golden State Warrior

I do "Customer Support Services" for a research company called RTI. Basically, if you're computer is out of warranty, I will show up with a new box in my hand and set it up for you. With a smile.

Oh, when I was a kid, I wanted to be a civil engineer.

Jehuty

I test Video Games...I've also done a bit of authoring in my day...

PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

XpHoBiaX

My dad is dead to me and rots in a grave. (As far as I know, haven't seen him in 20 years)

As for me, I am a Henna Artist (FINALLY!) and will be a tattoo apprentice at Amadore Ink. A tattoo studio near my home at Camanche Lake.
I tool leather, and will be doing custom gun holsters after I get situated at the studio.

That is my trade.

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: Jehuty on March 10, 2008, 11:20:59 PM

really for what company? my husband works for fall line as a programmer. I am a dental assistant. I take alginate molds of teeth, pack cord during crown preps, root canals, some ortho, x-rays, periodontal charting. Its all teeth and socializing with some blood, vomit, and puss from time to time ^_^

Mizuki

When I was 14, I started working at my Taekwondo school being an assistant. Then eventually I was able to run classes on my own as my belt and age progressed. After I quit from that school, I went to another martial art school and taught classes for awhile, then lost interest in it. I started washing cars around my area for a bit during one summer to get some extra cash, then got an office job for temp work (the site was closing down so they needed someone to file and index equipment.) Now I run tournaments in So.Cal for MBAC (although it really isn't a job.)

XpHoBiaX

Makou

My dad is a gangster, yo! For my birthday, he got me horses, the sick !@#$%. I killed them all and sent him to the oceans with him. Never going back to my cavalier days. Never! Was that too much info?

Edit:
Btw, you'll all die in seven days.

cappeh

ima biology major.

i wanna be a vet but as a backup plan [since vet school's hard to get into] i'd wanna be a lab technician
hi i lav u

Jehuty

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on March 14, 2008, 02:36:09 PM
Quote from: Jehuty on March 10, 2008, 11:20:59 PM

really for what company? my husband works for fall line as a programmer. I am a dental assistant. I take alginate molds of teeth, pack cord during crown preps, root canals, some ortho, x-rays, periodontal charting. Its all teeth and socializing with some blood, vomit, and puss from time to time ^_^

Namco Networks...
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!