Devil May Cry gathering

Started by Black Kawaii Kitty, March 03, 2008, 06:28:23 PM

Black Kawaii Kitty

It's starting to get pretty big on the cosplay.com forum so I figure I start one here too just in case we're missing anyone...

Last year was awesome and I hope to have this year's gathering even better!
Gathering so far will be Friday at 2pm by the fountains.
I had a couple of fun ideas if we get enough people and if everyone is up for it:
1. Everyone chip in a little money and we get some pizza for a few funny shots, and for the sake of eating something since some of us will be so busy we tend to forget about food ^.^'
2. Unlikely to happen but...maybe if someone was willing...bringing a motorcycle to the side of the street and up onto the main hang out areas near the fountains and taking some pictures with it? Willing if staff approves...no lifting it up and throwing it at the Dante cosplayers though...we don't want to kill anyone... :P
3. Hoping we get the stars of the show this year, at least Reuben again, then we could hunt them down and drag them to the gathering  ;D

*Lemme know what your thoughts are, and if you can think of any other fun stuff for everyone to do!*
Quick note~ Last year myself, Vasher, and a couple of friends all had guns for our DMC costumes, and we all had to put them away no matter what, so just warning you guys this could happen again, but we got to sneak them out for the gathering.

Down to business~
KittyCatChi~
Trish DMC4, maybe DMC1 Dante, I might pop out as Eva too especially if we get another Sparda cosplayer =D and I'll also bring Alastor.
Vasher~ Dante/Vergil **bringing Yamato, Force Edge, and Sparda.
Cat Scratch~Gloria
DragonKeeper~ DMC4 Dante w/ Pandora
DarkFujin~ DMC4 Lady
Ovtrlan(souzousei_kaish)~ Lucia
Ovtrlan's boyfriend~ AGNUS (coolest dorky bad guy ever!) "We all homosapiens!" XD "I TELL YOU I'M NOT HOMO OK!?!?!" sorry to people who don't get this inside joke, it's from youtube lol.
Kouri Neko and Dante~ Lady and Dante
Princess Blade~ Kyrie on sunday
Dante Rebellion~ DMC3 Dante
HapaHaiku~ Nero, with maybe a Trish and Lady(might not make it to gathering)
Windofthestars~ DMC4 Trish
Foxztails~ Dante, Black Version

Photograhers:
IamTetsuo
BARTboy: might stop by =)
and hopefully some of my friends will snap some for me with my camera =3

ovtrlan

I'll try to make Lady's weapon in time, but if I can, I'll be there as DMC 3 or 4 Lady. ^-^

EDIT: Since we have a 4 Lady, I'll do 3. Any suggestions on her weapon? I mean, I don't NEED it, since people will recognize me, but still....and where's a good place to get single contacts for cheap that might have her colors?
When I am done with my current project, it will be amazing! :D

IamTetsuo

I'll be there to photograph the meet again!  The costumes last year were wonderful.  :D

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: ovtrlan on March 04, 2008, 12:26:25 AM
I'll try to make Lady's weapon in time, but if I can, I'll be there as DMC 3 or 4 Lady. ^-^

EDIT: Since we have a 4 Lady, I'll do 3. Any suggestions on her weapon? I mean, I don't NEED it, since people will recognize me, but still....and where's a good place to get single contacts for cheap that might have her colors?

i'll add you asap ^_^ Go to the gaming costume thread on cosplay.com and look for Devil May Cry, there's a few Lady cosplayers on there and they can help you a ton ;)

IamTetsuo: Look forward to you joining us once again =) as thanks you can partake in our devouring of Pizza My Heart pizza  :D

Shinigami

I'm DarkFujin from cos.com

You don't have to change which one you want to do because of me. Honestly, I haven't even STARTED mine yet, and there's guarantee that I'll finish by Fanime. Even if I do finish, if you want to be DMC4 Lady, you should be DMC4 Lady.

ovtrlan

Quote from: Shinigami on March 05, 2008, 08:30:34 AM

I'm DarkFujin from cos.com

You don't have to change which one you want to do because of me. Honestly, I haven't even STARTED mine yet, and there's guarantee that I'll finish by Fanime. Even if I do finish, if you want to be DMC4 Lady, you should be DMC4 Lady.
xD Well, DMC3 Lady wears more, too....and I don't know of I can get away with not having pinstripes on my shorts, cause I have short white shorts already.

Though, if all goes as planned, I may go as DMC3 Dante instead. Just gotta make those guns. Or buy another airsoft and paint it. xD
When I am done with my current project, it will be amazing! :D

Kouri Neko

Me and my honey will be there.  It's either DMC3 or DMC4 for the two of us.  Lady and Dante from either one.  We'll see when things get closer.

And I'll pass on the pizza.  I become very ill when I digest, eggs, nuts, and dairy products along with some kind of chili preservative.
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: Kouri Neko on March 05, 2008, 02:13:31 PM
Me and my honey will be there.  It's either DMC3 or DMC4 for the two of us.  Lady and Dante from either one.  We'll see when things get closer.

And I'll pass on the pizza.  I become very ill when I digest, eggs, nuts, and dairy products along with some kind of chili preservative.

Yay glad you guys are coming back again this year =) I shall mark you down for the gathering.

Black Kawaii Kitty

Ok update:
I got notified that Reuben is returning this year *inner yayness <3* soooo i'll try and keep track of his panels and see if we can snag him for our gathering which would be so ridiculously epic XD

Succubus

That would be so AWESOME if Reuben would join the gathering and strike a pose.  ;) I'm just so happy he's coming back to the convention. I won't be cosplaying but will definitely be taking pictures.

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: Succubus on April 04, 2008, 11:26:54 AM
That would be so AWESOME if Reuben would join the gathering and strike a pose.  ;) I'm just so happy he's coming back to the convention. I won't be cosplaying but will definitely be taking pictures.
:D hehe love your sig. Come over to us in-between picture taking and say hi =3 You can pose with one of our swords or something XD

Black Kawaii Kitty

woops was trying to edit the 1st post, oh well i'll just say it here too Ovtrlan's b/f has agreed to do Agnus! XD that's the most epic thing ever to me lol

Shinigami

Quote from: Black Kawaii Kitty on April 05, 2008, 11:42:54 PM
woops was trying to edit the 1st post, oh well i'll just say it here too Ovtrlan's b/f has agreed to do Agnus! XD that's the most epic thing ever to me lol

AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see that!

Succubus

Don't know if ya'll know it yet or not but Dan Southworth is now coming too. Now there's both Dante and Vergil/Credo. Awesome, it would be cool if both could go to the gathering, it would be epic and it already is epic with the amount of characters already.

BKK: Yeah I love my sig too.  ;) "I Feel Good", lol, love those youtube videos. Oh and "Do you like Waffles?"  :D

onimusha

I'm gonna stop by for pictures.  Put under "onicoursemusha"

Shinsengumi

I'll drop by to take pictures as well  :)
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Kouri Neko

I think my honey will wear his Nero costume.  He can never make up his mind. Two days before the con and he decides he may go as Nero.   ::)  *sigh*

TentenSwift

Nice hanging out with the crew~.

I was DMC3 shirtless Dante. D: You know. The annoying bastard who just.. Tagged along. Lolz.

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: TentenSwift on May 26, 2008, 11:22:56 PM
Nice hanging out with the crew~.

I was DMC3 shirtless Dante. D: You know. The annoying bastard who just.. Tagged along. Lolz.

lol it was awesome meeting you!

Kouri Neko

Neither one of us made it to the gathering.   :( 
Fridays don't work well for gatherings.  Maybe next year we can consider a Saturday gathering.  *hint, hint*