Macross Frontier

Started by ~~Loktera~~, March 04, 2008, 11:01:07 AM

~~Loktera~~

Just downloaded and watched the first episode.

Needless it seems to fit the whole Macross formula.

Character intro -> Mysterious New Enemy -> Concert + Attack on New Enemy -> Shock and Awe + New Mecha designs -> Moar plz?

Pilot Episode aired back in December and the series itself does not start until April 3, 2008.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Jerry

so who's the Ace pilot and whos the pretty girl in the concert?

Actually I never got to finish watching Macross Zero or something along those lines.

man, I'm so out of touch with my Robotech/Macross roots.

I Epic Fail.  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Shinsengumi

It's been a while since I've seen a Macross series. I still need to finished Macross Zero I've seen bits and pieces
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

~~Loktera~~

It's kinda interesting. The intro seems to place this many years after the previous installments of Macross. With this being a direct sequel to the Macross 7 Series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_Frontier

I'm excited. I started going over all the older episodes of Macross (and Robotech :3 ) that a friend of mine lent me years ago.

Sunara Ishi

I've been looking forward to when this starts.

These premieres are starting to annoy me. You think a series is starting only for it to disappear. I really wish the subbers had said something. -.-;

I've actually liked some of the Macross movies but I never really got to see any of the tv series. This is the first one and believe me, I'm watching this one.

I love how they have a long-haired bishi for the main character. And one that isn't all whiny. Most series throw such a character into the antagonist role.

I was really surprised at the singer's personality. Not what I expected at all. I kinda like that. But I like the green haired girl so far.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on March 04, 2008, 06:19:42 PM
But I like the green haired girl so far.

Nyanyan nyanyan Ni-hao nyan~~

:3

Sunara Ishi

Brera Sterne is mouth drooling hot.

And micro Klan Klein is mega moe.

<3 <3 <3 <3
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Chewie

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on June 08, 2008, 12:16:15 AM

<3 <3 <3 <3

You almost tainted the whole thing right there.

And yeah, while it has quite a few homages in it to SDF Macross (and Zero since episode 10 is basically all about Zero's love triangle started anew), it's fresh, it's clean and and current. Plus, who doesn't love something with VF/YF int he name that transforms? Gives me a reason to look forward to Fridays again while Bleach is doing it's thing.

Music's great in this one too, reminds me a lot of M+. Yoko Kanno is amazing at what she does.

Chun

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on March 05, 2008, 02:09:31 AM

Gorgeous, Delicious, Deculture!

I haven't watched the series, but it's such an annoyingly catchy quote I've failed to forget it ><

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Chun on June 08, 2008, 10:04:31 PM
Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on March 05, 2008, 02:09:31 AM

Gorgeous, Delicious, Deculture!

I haven't watched the series, but it's such an annoyingly catchy quote I've failed to forget it ><

~Chun

You should watch it. :3 Sheryl's songs are godly beyond belief.  I'm loving this series so much, since i loved the original Macross TV/Robotech Macross TV segment aired. I loved Macross Plus even more and this series hasn't disappointed me so far. :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Chewie on June 08, 2008, 06:38:41 AM
Quote from: Sunara Ishi on June 08, 2008, 12:16:15 AM

<3 <3 <3 <3

You almost tainted the whole thing right there.
onoz.

moe~ moe~ moe~

XP XP XP
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

pockystix

New sn = Meirin