Are you going to get fancy at the Black and White ball?

Started by Mister_E, March 04, 2008, 04:36:42 PM

Squeeky_Moonkin

I'll be going if I can find a dress. @_@. i could wear my acen charity ball dress, but its blue and black. I know the traditional B&W scheme inst a requirement....but I would like to be able to fit the color scheme. I have been searching ross twice a week. found once gorgeous dress, only if my chest was smaller V_V. I'll also have to decide to either wear a wig, which wig or what to do about my short hair(will be right above mf shoulder blades) . I haven't had short hair in ages (cutting 9 inches off for locks of love) and don't know what to do with it.  As of right now its all up in the air.

Reinna

I don't know if .hack//Roots Shino would work...

But since her outfit is so shmancy looking...

This is, of course, assuming that I can finish it.  XD (*cough Heck No cough*)

Rei-Rei

I'll be going to it, I'm actually going to wear some white and black lolita stuff...
Hope to see everyone there. ^^

Ntsy

I'm going to get all pretty and act as if it was the prom i never went to...without a date...which is probably why i didnt go to my prom...lol

KyraEnsui

Squeeky_Moonkin

I finally found my gown. i just cant gain any weight between now and then @_@. SO cute and totally jazzing up. That and I can re use my choice of gown for when I go to plays and ballet shows downtown ^_^.

luckyends

Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

satanic_mechanic

i dont get it. whats the appeal of the black and white ball? what goes on there?

and why would anyone want to do that when there is other cool stuff going on?
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

suna_no_yoroi

I guess the appeal is the chance to roleplay, or in a way act out a scene from an anime series like Ouran Highschool Hostclub or something.  They typically teach dancing lessons earlier on in the day, and then you get to come back and show off your stuff.

quantbits

seeing how I'm going as Saiga Tastumi/Speed Grapher, I think I'm already set if I have time to go. =)

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Trumby

Quote from: satanic_mechanic on April 09, 2008, 08:42:48 PM
i dont get it. whats the appeal of the black and white ball? what goes on there?

and why would anyone want to do that when there is other cool stuff going on?
It is a formal ball. The appeal is for people who like to dance. Real dancing, I mean.
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

shinigamitsunami

i'm planning on going in my cosplay outfit. (it's EGL)

kind of iffy on the dancing though.....i'm wearing 7 inch platform boots. i might just plummet to my death... D:

BrightHeart76

Quote from: shinigamitsunami on April 13, 2008, 03:15:52 AM
i'm planning on going in my cosplay outfit. (it's EGL)

kind of iffy on the dancing though.....i'm wearing 7 inch platform boots. i might just plummet to my death... D:

I don't have that excuse...I'm just a klutz.  I'm sure you'll do much better in your boots then I will in heels.  My appologies in advance to anyone I fall on or step on their feet.  :-[
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

BunofGovt

I missed it last year and really just want to see it this year.  I've got a black and white outfit but I'm pretty sure I won't be dancing, I just want to see everyone there  ::)
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

havok rt

Yeah depending on the day I'll be wearing a pair of black dickies, a white dress shirt, suit jacket, black tie, my fedora, and my lucky pair of pumas. STFU dress code my pumas are b&w and I'm going informal anyways tie loose, shirt not tucked in, a smoke on my ear, and chewing gum. why? cuz thats how I roll and thats how I'll end anyways. :D
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

*rei*

I'm looking forward to attending the BWB this year; I missed it last year :(  I will be wearing my ero/aristocrat lolita gown. Its black with fusha pink. I plan to attend alone and find a suitable dance partner.
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

Runewitt

i was going to wear my shinigami cosplay to the ball, but i guess i'll have to pack "nice" black clothes+fedora to wear.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Siatsu

Myself and my three roomies shall be going to the Ball this year. And we've all found wonderful formal wear for the event. I'm really excited for this since I never went to my prom ^__^