Comedy Club at Fanime: Last Update: 5/16/08

Started by Aya Brea X, March 04, 2008, 06:53:00 PM

Aya Brea X

Quote from: Chun on March 16, 2008, 04:18:01 AM
Oh sweet. A place for me to make fun of every aspect of otaku culture, and share real life situations!

If it's up, I'll do a routine as a maybe, I can't go on for 8 minutes though (And I'm not sure I'll have my act together). My style is mostly improv.

~Chun

Hi Chun,

Even 5 minutes is fine, but I do not recommend any less than that.  I do recommend you at least outline your routine if you're not going to write it first, since it's very hard to guage length unless you have it planned out.  What you thought might be 5 minutes could turn out to be a 2 minute affair.  If you've done stand up before and have an established style, then improv is sort of an extension of that on-stage personality, but if you have not done stand up I would highly discourage improving most of the routine.

For your improv needs, all of us together will probably do a "whose line is it anyway" thing at the end if I don't get a 5th person on board.

If you do decide to join us, PM me your info  (Real name, name you want to be introduced as, your e-mail, and anything you want me to mention when I introduce you.)    I'll contact everyone signed up as soon as I get the green light from Fanime with the panel time.  We're currently aiming for either Saturday or Sunday night.

havok rt

Well just to throw my two cent in I prefer it to be on Sunday since I kinda want to go to the Masquerade all.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Glitch

My choice is saturday since I'm gonna be hyped up and don't wanna go to sleep early because of monday approaching.

I had a close call today since i almost lost my notebook that had my jokes written. Whoever read it was probably confused over what the hell words like hentai and cosplay mean. XD

Aya Brea X

Quote from: Glitch on March 24, 2008, 03:03:02 PM
My choice is saturday since I'm gonna be hyped up and don't wanna go to sleep early because of monday approaching.

I had a close call today since i almost lost my notebook that had my jokes written. Whoever read it was probably confused over what the hell words like hentai and cosplay mean. XD

Please remmber this is a recommended 16+ panel, but we will not be doing ID checks.  You can probably talk about hentai, but please keep anything graphic down to euphemisms.  Thanks!

In other news, I got a 4th signed up!  Looks like we're good to go.

I don't choose the time for the panel, I simply submitted both Saturday and Sunday as possible time frames.  Hopefully things work out, I'll keep you updated once we get a time.

Glitch

Quote from: Aya Brea X on March 25, 2008, 04:51:53 PM
Quote from: Glitch on March 24, 2008, 03:03:02 PM

Please remmber this is a recommended 16+ panel, but we will not be doing ID checks.  You can probably talk about hentai, but please keep anything graphic down to euphemisms.  Thanks!

In other news, I got a 4th signed up!  Looks like we're good to go.

I don't choose the time for the panel, I simply submitted both Saturday and Sunday as possible time frames.  Hopefully things work out, I'll keep you updated once we get a time.
I already took that into consideration when I wrote my jokes. ^^; I was carefull with my dirty jokes.

Yay 4th person. We are closer!

Matsuda Tota

If I make it, I shall perform.

OniCourseMusha

Sign me up.  PM all the things u want me to prepare so I can keep it in mind and much easier for me to keep track.  Looking forward to this.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Aya Brea X

Please check the first post for new information regarding this panel! :3

Jerry

i wonder if there will be audience participation...

warning: the first three rows may be cover or splashed with and unknown and yet to be determined liquid substances....

Those with no color in their hair will automatically be given a random anime hair color at random.

Just to make sure we're in 'anime' mode the audience will be given contacts or special pills so that everyones eyes will be "anime big".

but yah, writing this material is prolly hard enough as is, and I'd probably fail...

will the judges have a gong?

either way looks like good time fun show. minus the most extreme challenging obsticle course and japanese commentators.

then again im just rambling. sorry folks.  ::)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Aya Brea X

Quote from: Jerry on March 27, 2008, 01:41:08 PM
i wonder if there will be audience participation...

warning: the first three rows may be cover or splashed with and unknown and yet to be determined liquid substances....

Those with no color in their hair will automatically be given a random anime hair color at random.

Just to make sure we're in 'anime' mode the audience will be given contacts or special pills so that everyones eyes will be "anime big".

but yah, writing this material is prolly hard enough as is, and I'd probably fail...

will the judges have a gong?

either way looks like good time fun show. minus the most extreme challenging obsticle course and japanese commentators.

then again im just rambling. sorry folks.  ::)

Not sure if there will be audience participation, that kind of depends on the individual comic doing the set, but I'd imagine not quite that much due to time constraints.  If we have time to do an improv skit at the end then we'll ask for suggestions on topics and settings. 

No... no one will be splashed with anything.  It's not Sea World XD

(skip to the end)

There will be no judges, hence, no gongs :3

I'm still waiting for final confirmations after Fanime sets the time and date, but right now we have seven people signed up (myself included) so we're looking pretty good! :3 

Jerry

If I'm not busy chasing with the Maid cafe, hopefully i'll be able to catch the show.

have fun you guys, and hopefully you'll have a good crownd and no hecklers in the group.

if you do, remind me to release the S.O.S (rovers) ninja monkeys on them.
Or the Bouncer patrol (yes we really have one) will ask them 'nicely' to leave.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Aya Brea X

We'll have fun with hecklers :3  Usually the idea is to give them enough rope to hang themselves with instead of physically remove them.  Everyone else is here to have a fun time, though there should only be so much tolerance for that kind of stuff...hmm...where's my cricket bat...

I've updated the tentative time on the first post, and I'll send out an e-mail to those signed up for their time needed plus confirmation they are good to go for that time and date. 

JohnnyAR

OniCourseMusha

Sorry can't make it since it interferes wit the masquerade.  Maybe next year.
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

G-Force

I'm wondering when the sign up for the comedy club will be over. I'm wish to also audition for the special 10 minute slot exhibition performance during the masquerade which end on May 10th. I'd just like to know when they end as I would love to sign up for this if that audition falls through.

Aya Brea X

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on May 02, 2008, 12:19:06 PM
Sorry can't make it since it interferes wit the masquerade.  Maybe next year.

Sorry to hear you can't make it, but since I requested an evening slot I'm bound to be cross programmed against something big.  I hope you will have a lot of fun at the Masquerade!  If all goes well this year we might put another show on next year. 

Quote from: G-Force on May 03, 2008, 01:23:20 AM
I'm wondering when the sign up for the comedy club will be over. I'm wish to also audition for the special 10 minute slot exhibition performance during the masquerade which end on May 10th. I'd just like to know when they end as I would love to sign up for this if that audition falls through.

I dont really have a deadline for sign ups, I can put you down as interested, but if someone else comes along who is can commit to the show I would schedule them for the show first.  Not to mention if you wait too long you might not have enough time to come up with an act.  Right now we're down to 6 (possibly five, I just found out AX slated their staff picnic on Saturday instead of Sunday so one more might drop out) so we're already pretty full if everyone uses the suggested time.  If enough people have shorter sets then I think I can fit you in, but most of them are still working out how much time right now.  Just post something here or let me know when you have made a decision and I'll let you know how it looks. 

G-Force

Well I got rejected so you can count me in for both days. I even have an audio sample of an older performance that I can send to you in case you're interested. I'm going to seriously re-tweak the performance so that it's roughly around five minutes and thirty seconds to six minutes, however I can shoot for five as well. I have the updated routine outline so I can give that to you through PM as well.

Aya Brea X

Quote from: G-Force on May 03, 2008, 07:25:10 PM
Well I got rejected so you can count me in for both days. I even have an audio sample of an older performance that I can send to you in case you're interested. I'm going to seriously re-tweak the performance so that it's roughly around five minutes and thirty seconds to six minutes, however I can shoot for five as well. I have the updated routine outline so I can give that to you through PM as well.

Welcome aboard.  I can fit you in with a 6 minute routine.  No one else has really reported their time yet, but I think we can all fit in comfortably with 6-7 minutes of routine.

PM me your e-mail (or e-mail me) and I'll forward you the last e-mail I sent to the group.  I will need from you (PM or e-mail this to me)

Your Real name
Name you want to be presented as
Cell phone number you can be reached at
your e-mail (Well, if you e-mail me, then I won't need it)
3 fun facts about you that you would like me to tell the audience as part of your introduction (more explained in the group e-mail)
Confirmed Skit time (if you're sure it's 6, then we're good.  If less, let me know.  Please don't make it longer than 6.)

Zero_Kirby

OniCourseMusha

I'm a bit confused here?

I heard from G-force said that there's also a Comedy Club on sunday as well?  I think i read the info carefully but i'm bit confused after hearing this?  Just like to get it confirmed
Kraken Con Staff