Comedy Club at Fanime: Last Update: 5/16/08

Started by Aya Brea X, March 04, 2008, 06:53:00 PM

Glitch

I hope our panel expands. There were people lined up outside, thats gotta add something to estimations. ^^;

Aya Brea X

I'm going to ask we get a bigger room next year since we were packed to capacity.  Extended time would be requested if I initially get enough people to commit.  I think we could fill a two hour period easy :3  I'll apply early so we can get a bigger room!

I'm sorry, I never got around to asking for those feedback slips since I had to gear up for the rest of the Summer conventions and I kept puttng it off -_-  I'll ask about it when I request the panel information for this coming year.

As for yaoi jokes, I highly doubt we'll get more yaoi jokes than hentai jokes.  Most people willing to do stand-up are guys.  I'm going to be very equal opportunity about all types of jokes as long as they're appropriate for 16 and under.  I don't want anyone to give someone else a hard time about what they will joke about as long as they follow that rule. 

So don't go hating on yaoi jokes unless you want me to perform the enitre 30 minute set I did at Yaoi Con this year.  They can be funny without being graphic (same with Hentai related jokes.)

Edit: Well, yeah, it has to be some kind of anime/manga/gaming fandom related set, that's kind of one thing I do insist on.

Kava

I might post the statistics gained from each panel once I've managed to get my team together for this year and actually correlate the data into a spreadsheet or database so that there's something to post.

This was our first year doing those, and it was a bit last minute, so at the moment, I still just have a large stack of paper waiting to be looked at.  :D
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Glitch

Quote from: Aya Brea X on September 30, 2008, 10:33:52 PM
As for yaoi jokes, I highly doubt we'll get more yaoi jokes than hentai jokes.  Most people willing to do stand-up are guys.  I'm going to be very equal opportunity about all types of jokes as long as they're appropriate for 16 and under.  I don't want anyone to give someone else a hard time about what they will joke about as long as they follow that rule. 

So don't go hating on yaoi jokes unless you want me to perform the enitre 30 minute set I did at Yaoi Con this year.  They can be funny without being graphic (same with Hentai related jokes.)

Edit: Well, yeah, it has to be some kind of anime/manga/gaming fandom related set, that's kind of one thing I do insist on.
I got no problem with jokes having to do with yaoi itself. My only concern was with certain otaku doing repetive,unfunny jokes like what occurres at the masquerade. Of course anybody telling unfunny jokes will simply not be laughed at, so I'm not too worried about it. ^^

Aya Brea X

2009 Panel Preview

I will be posting a new thread regarding the 2009 panel sign ups in NOVEMBER.  The rules will pretty much be the same as last year, and once again I will be requesting either Saturday night or Sunday night for panel times.  I'll put down some bullet points on who might want to sign up to participate so you can have something to digest while you decide if you want to participate. Again, full rules will come in November.

• You should be able to perform a stand-up comedy routine of at least 5 mintues long,but no longer than 12 minutes
  • This routine must be about Anime/Manga/Gaming/Cosplay or fandom.  If you're not sure if it's related, please check with me during sign ups
  • There are no auditions.  Sign ups are first come first served, with 5 currently reserved for my first year test subjects participants who bravely stepped up to the plate.  That means an additional 5 slots are open for sure, possibly more time if everyone gives me a low time-use estimate
  • Material must be appropriate for a 16+ audience
  • You probably won't be heckled, but prepare for audience interruptions since they are here to have a good time, too.
  • Please memorize your material and time it so I know how long of a slot to give you.  Include time for laughter pause :3
  • You should write your own material

DO NOT PM me now to ask to sign up unless you performed at the panel last year.  Please DO post here if you have any questions or suggestions.  Thanks!