Uu... Sick in bed.

Started by Jun-Watarase, March 04, 2008, 08:35:57 PM

Emerge

Like some people before me have posted, I just treat sick days like every other day. Just with coughing/wheezing/random other illness-related noise.

Flip through the tube, surf the net, game. That sorta thing.

Probably the most awkward thing I do when I'm sick is exercise. I do a little cardio when I catch a cold or stuffy nose. For about 15-20 minutes after, my sinus feels pretty awesome. Then it goes right back to where it was before, if not a little better.

Also, OTC sugar pills. I know Tylenol and the like is practically useless, but I down one every 4 hours just in case the off-chance occurs and it decides to help.

Shinsengumi

I was some what sick 3 weeks ago, I had a runny nose but to stop it from getting worst all I did so drink some Orange juice cause of Vitamin C's and eat an Orange and plus I had Apple juice.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

PyronIkari

Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 04, 2008, 11:25:19 PM

that was uncalled for.

Was it really? Well first lets look as to why I made it.

There's a thread about sickness, how you cope, how often, what you do while you're sick etc.

What does he do? He posts to WHINE about how he HATES WOMEN AND THEM GETTING SICK because he VISITED A GIRL WHO WAS SICK and SHE STOPPED TALKING TO HIM. Besides it having nothing to do with the thread really, and him crying out for attention(which I'll give him since he's trying so hard, just not the "kind" of attention he wants). Besides the point, reflecting in his action and response... it shows how horrible minded of a person he is, rather the "typical nice guy" mentallity. "I will go do something nice because I care!" "WTF I didn't get the response I wanted I HATE YOU, YOU'RE A STUPID BITCH!"

Which means, obviously he wasn't doing it to be nice, he was obviously doing it because he thinks he's "expected to be nice" because if he does that, he'll be rewarded. Obviously, since he wasn't rewarded, he's bitching and whining about it. So it was rather called for, since he set himself up for it by whining in a thread, completely off topic, for something he shouldn't be whining about anyways.

As for the main topic, I don't get sick. I've been sick twice in the past odd 6+ years, and only one was really "sick" the other was a small cold that disappeared in a day anyways. The other was this years flu, which stuck me in bed for like 3 days.

Jun-Watarase

... My... coughing got worse and my chest hurts. ;__;

I suppose it's because I'm exceptionally weak, and for those who've met me, you know I'm pretty tiny. I can barely open bottles half the time, so I have to hand it to Pyron to do so. He's normally at work, so I'm stuck in bed until he comes back. It's like I'm marooned on an island. Even if I can do the same things-- surf the web, watch tv, read, but I can't get up to cook food, hang out with friends, or even take a walk. Talking to people over the phone is pretty tough, too. I dislike having those options unavailable. I also haaaate... my sinuses irritating me. Blah blah blah blah...

Because of all these limits, I'm... extremely bored.

I'm also really bad with pills, especially huge antibiotics and day/nyquil.

Quote from: short_storiesgl on March 04, 2008, 11:22:12 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 04, 2008, 08:35:57 PM

Lately, a lot of people I know in and out of the boards lately have been sick with a cold of some-sort... including me... meaning, lots of people stuck at home to chat with, or a barren desert with everyone stuck resting (or suffering at work.) It gets rather boring. To those tired of being unconscious regaining health, what do you do when you're sick in bed, and bored?

Get well soon now~
i r sorry

Why are you sorry? Did you give it to Oniko to give to me?! IS THAT IT?!

As for the post Pyron replied to... I... it was so pathetic, I wasn't really sure how to respond at all. I'm pretty sure it's just coughJerrycough a troll.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kazuko

did you try taking halls or ricola for your throat? it soothes it for a while also rub vapor rub on your chest to alive the pain since when you breath in the stuff it clears it up

:< I hope you feel better sweetheart!

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Kazuko on March 05, 2008, 10:31:33 AM
did you try taking halls or ricola for your throat? it soothes it for a while also rub vapor rub on your chest to alive the pain since when you breath in the stuff it clears it up

You can come here and rub stuffs on my chest for me. :<

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kazuko

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 05, 2008, 10:55:39 AM
Quote from: Kazuko on March 05, 2008, 10:31:33 AM

You can come here and rub stuffs on my chest for me. :<
I will! In faaact I might be in haywards thurs or friday

DemonLordZabuza

Ah sickness.  The way that nature shows whose bodies have evolved more than others.

I myself have never been sick enough where I couldn't leave my bed.  Every time I did start becoming somewhat sick, I just got up and exercise.  Because pumping blood through your system will help send white blood cells through it.  Yes OJ is good for its vitamin C, but it works better if you are consuming it before so your body has some to use once it starts to get sick.

For those who are sick, my suggestion is exercise.  And best exercise to not get sick is swimming :D

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on March 05, 2008, 02:16:25 PM
Ah sickness.  The way that nature shows whose bodies have evolved more than others.

I... beg your pardon? A lot of your friends get sick, you know. Are you suggesting they're less evolved? Mikey never gets sick. Would you have said that if I had told you that first? Geez.

QuoteI myself have never been sick enough where I couldn't leave my bed.  Every time I did start becoming somewhat sick, I just got up and exercise.  Because pumping blood through your system will help send white blood cells through it.  Yes OJ is good for its vitamin C, but it works better if you are consuming it before so your body has some to use once it starts to get sick.

For those who are sick, my suggestion is exercise.  And best exercise to not get sick is swimming :D

Promoting circulation sounds like a good idea. I'll get up to walk around a bit, but I tend to fall to my knees if I overexert myself while sick. I'm physically weak in general, to be honest-- my only exercise is walking for transportation, dance, and kendo, all of which I've been neglecting recently. However, I can't swim... er, at least well. People from the Raging Waters gathering had realized this. XD

FanimaidCafe.com

BrightHeart76

A friend of mine at work gave me a really great solution.  Rub Vics Vapor Rub on your feet then put your socks on and put your feet up.  I thought she was out of her mind...but it's really working.  I still have a head ache but I'm not coughing, not sneezing, my congestion is all cleared up...I feel better then I have in days.   ;D

Even if it doesn't work for you it's nice to have a refreshing foot rub while you apply the vapor rub.

Hope you feel better.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 05, 2008, 06:12:49 PM
A friend of mine at work gave me a really great solution.  Rub Vics Vapor Rub on your feet then put your socks on and put your feet up.  I thought she was out of her mind...but it's really working.  I still have a head ache but I'm not coughing, not sneezing, my congestion is all cleared up...I feel better then I have in days.   ;D

Even if it doesn't work for you it's nice to have a refreshing foot rub while you apply the vapor rub.

Hope you feel better.

Thank you. Hahaha, this sounds adorable. I'll probably use Mikey's socks, as I don't want to get Vick's Rub on mine. He'll come home from work only to see me laying in bed with my oversized sock-wearing feet in the air above my head and be like "Ehh? What the hell are you doing." then I'll be liek "RUB MY FEETS. NAO."

-Coughs.-

FanimaidCafe.com

DemonLordZabuza

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 05, 2008, 05:28:18 PM
Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on March 05, 2008, 02:16:25 PM

I... beg your pardon? A lot of your friends get sick, you know. Are you suggesting they're less evolved? Mikey never gets sick. Would you have said that if I had told you that first? Geez.

QuoteI myself have never been sick enough where I couldn't leave my bed.  Every time I did start becoming somewhat sick, I just got up and exercise.  Because pumping blood through your system will help send white blood cells through it.  Yes OJ is good for its vitamin C, but it works better if you are consuming it before so your body has some to use once it starts to get sick.

Promoting circulation sounds like a good idea. I'll get up to walk around a bit, but I tend to fall to my knees if I overexert myself while sick. I'm physically weak in general, to be honest-- my only exercise is walking for transportation, dance, and kendo, all of which I've been neglecting recently. However, I can't swim... er, at least well. People from the Raging Waters gathering had realized this. XD

The thing about evolved bodies yes that is what Im saying.  The body evolves and adopts to environments.  Some people's system evolves faster than others, and thus get sick less.  For those who have a weaker immune system its because their immune system hasnt evolved and adopted to the situation.

Now about working out while your sick, you shouldnt overexert yourself.  Just something light to get blood flowing other than just having the body rest in bed.  Even walking to the fridge to get something to eat is better than just laying in bed and have people bring you stuff over.  Not saying thats the case for you, but thats my suggestion in general :D

-Me

Emerge

go for some light stretching. toe-touchies (or a little bit less than as far as you can go) are usually a good way to go. it's not too much, and it definitely gets the blood flowing.

Kazuko

Dear DLZ:

The Immune system is a way that the body fights off germies and yet it grows stronger when we eat right, do exercize have sex whatever.

It dosent really evolve unless its going to make me into a woman of steel and bitchyness

Because that would be SO AWESOME

DemonLordZabuza

Quote from: Kazuko on March 05, 2008, 11:20:34 PM
Dear DLZ:

The Immune system is a way that the body fights off germies and yet it grows stronger when we eat right, do exercize have sex whatever.

It dosent really evolve unless its going to make me into a woman of steel and bitchyness

Here is how it works.  Your immune system memorizes sickness, and thus after a while you dont get sick as much from that sickness.  Yes eating right and exercise does make it stronger.  But it still adopts and learns.  Its just that some peoples immune system memorizes better than others. 

-Me

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on March 06, 2008, 01:48:34 AM
Quote from: Kazuko on March 05, 2008, 11:20:34 PM
Dear DLZ:

Here is how it works.  Your immune system memorizes sickness, and thus after a while you dont get sick as much from that sickness.  Yes eating right and exercise does make it stronger.  But it still adopts and learns.  Its just that some peoples immune system memorizes better than others. 

I think she's just pointing out your choice in words, since you actually mean and refer to "adaptation" rather than "evolution", since technically, for us to evolve would take millions of years of progressive changes that'd make us physically different from what we are now. At first, it was insulting for you to compare "some people are more evolved than others", but you really meant, or should've meant was, "some people are healthier than others". Though, realistically... the majority of humankind gets sick once in a while.

FanimaidCafe.com

iNSOMNiAC

I'm also sick... =< And its making me lose more sleep (and school) than I usually do... I haven't slept since Tuesday afternoon.

Though I do love having more time to be a nerd (computer + video games), its not much different at all from usual. Plus now I gotta miss work... Which is bittersweet in itself. Yay no work, boo no money.

I hope you feel better, Jun. =] ...And if you already do, then I hope you stay better.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on March 06, 2008, 04:40:41 AM
I hope you feel better, Jun. =] ...And if you already do, then I hope you stay better.

Thanks. ^^

... not better yet. Still super sick, hacking a lung, having sneezefits, and all that wonderful stuff. I hope I get better, too. ;;

FanimaidCafe.com

Kegan_Flame

i am sick.. in bed.. for day 3 in a row.. finally went to the doctors :(

i painz

:'(

short_storiesgl

im staying away from you peoples.
Dance Staff Second