Parking???

Started by Junpei, March 05, 2008, 08:46:23 PM

Raydere

Quote from: jeans on May 15, 2008, 12:47:35 AM
You could always park in a free park n ride lot along the lightrail line and ride the lightrail in to the area, or if you park at the Diridon station ($2) you can take the free DASH bus downtown:
"Downtown Light Rail Shuttle Also known as the DASH, for the Downtown Area Shuttle, this service circulates on a fixed-route through downtown San Jose and connects with downtown Light Rail Stations as well as the San Jose Diridon Caltrain Station. You can use the shuttle to make direct connections from Light Rail or Caltrain with employment sites such as Adobe Systems, PG&E, Wells Fargo, Comerica Bank, downtown hotels, and many other businesses. You may also make connections with San Jose State University and other bus routes, and transfer from Caltrain to Light Rail and vice versa. "

http://www.vta.org/schedules/SC_201.html for the map

Best of all... DASH is free and parking at Diridon station is only $2 per day. You can park at the garage on San Carlos & 3rd street on the weekend for $2/night on the weekends and holidays, so you might want to move your car on Saturday morning if you want it to be closer to you.
DASH only runs weekdays, and runs to 7pm or so--after that, you'll have to take LR back, and the Winchester-MV light rail goes to 11pm.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

SirVincent

Ok people as far as i can tell the bast you can do for parking any where close to the onventon center is $18 a day thats for the Hilton and city parking to.  I know the city parking say some thing like $2  but that is not for over night!
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

AnimeEmperor

I think the Marriot is like $15 a day actually.

Mango Bunny

15? Hrm. Where did you hear that out of curiosity? The hotel tells me 25, but they might not have the con discount or whatever figured in. They aren't entirely good with info + me + the con

chanocular

I just called the marriot today asking how much parking was for us fanime attendees that are staying at the marriot. They said $15.