Locals?

Started by kuromi, March 05, 2008, 09:41:34 PM

Lisu

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on March 06, 2008, 11:58:23 AM
Most of the time I live about 8-9 blocks from the convention center.
I live with this fag....it is gay.
The difference? I walk faster.

what I suggest?  check the member picture thread, if you see anyone from there at the con, you run and run fast.  Especially if you see this super creepy tall dude with glasses who's always drawing cute girls.....

Golden State Warrior

I went to Santa Clara High School, freshman and sophomore year. And then I transferred to Silver Creek for the remaining two years. I still consider myself as a local, even though I don't live in the Bay anymore.

TaikoMoon

Sorry I went to Moreau Catholic for high school. As to what DemonLord said. Yeah groups are best. All that stranger danger stuff does apply.

I cosplayed once and this photographer wanted to take me and my friend's photo which seemed alright. However has he was posing us and what not it made us feel very uncomfortable. He had a perverted air about him and we totally regret not saying anything to safety or whatever. Just a warning though. If something or someone makes you uncomfortable get away. Sounds childish but hey, as I tell my freshmen, its better to be safe than sorry.
"Friendly fire isn't"
'08 cosplay(s) All still debatable:
Chibi Maya/tenjho tenge
Ibuki/Street Fighter

EdOfNoName

Quote from: kuromi on March 06, 2008, 08:00:21 PM
I'm a junior high school student living in Santa Clara.
No-Name Anime www.nnanime.com meets at the Santa Clara central library on afternoons of the second Saturday of the month to watch anime. The April 12 and May 10 showings will be before Fanime. Showings are completely free and you can come for any part you like. Many of the people who attend will go to Fanime.  Most of the people who attend are adults or older teens, but some of the attendees started out when they where in junior high school. You may well be comfortable watching any anime that we'd be comfortable showing in a public library, but you're welcome to ask in advance why we label some shows "* not for audiences" or  get up and leave in the middle of a show if it's something you don't want to watch.

You might also consider attending some of the anime related teen-only programs at the Santa Clara Library. On Tue. Apr. 22 there's a Movie and Book Discussion: Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. (I assume the only movie version of Howl is the Studio Ghibli one.) http://www.library.ci.santa-clara.ca.us/TeenNet/programs/programs.htm

abcbadcat

I live about 5-7 minutes away. Downtown San Jose represent!

I go to San Jose City College but plan on transfering to SJSU in about a year or so.

havok rt

Lets see I live like a mile south of the Great Mall. I'm still San Jose so Hell yeah I'm local though I was born raised So Cal :P, but currently I'm currently taking a semester break from Mission College to get my bearings.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Chun

I went to SCHS, and went to the convention with my anime club, G.A.O.. I'm pretty sure you'll get a lot of locals in Fanime given it's just one bus ride/drive away (When I still went to high school, Bus 81 was top tier).

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Chibblz

Yo~! I go to SCHS.. Erm.. Yeah.. And a junior? You go to Wilcox, no? I haven't seen anyone with black/pink-tipped hair. Or maybe I'm just not really observant.. UHM-- But yeah.. I'm sure you can find buddies at your local Anime Club to go to the Convention with, just so that... Iono.. I lost my train of thought.. ;.;

BrightHeart76

I used to live in Campbell.  No where near the area anymore.  So I guess I'm ex-local.   :)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

kuromi

>3< Haven't replied in a while.

Quote from: Chibblz on March 15, 2008, 05:33:19 PM
Yo~! I go to SCHS.. Erm.. Yeah.. And a junior? You go to Wilcox, no? I haven't seen anyone with black/pink-tipped hair. Or maybe I'm just not really observant.. UHM-- But yeah.. I'm sure you can find buddies at your local Anime Club to go to the Convention with, just so that... Iono.. I lost my train of thought.. ;.;

I don't go to Wilcox XD; I'm in 8th grade. I'll probably be going to SCHS next year though. I'll still have the hair, so you'll probably come across me at some point. :3
I've never been to an anime-anything, club,meeting, nothing. But I know there is/was an anime club at the teen center, I think that's at Cabrillo?

Chibblz

Hrm~ So you go to Buchser? o_o;

Last time I walked through Cabrillo, they had an anime club. Ermm.. I won't be at SCHS next year, since I'm graduating.. O_o;;

Wah. DX

kuromi

Quote from: Chibblz on March 17, 2008, 09:59:41 PM
Hrm~ So you go to Buchser? o_o;

Last time I walked through Cabrillo, they had an anime club. Ermm.. I won't be at SCHS next year, since I'm graduating.. O_o;;

Wah. DX

Yesyes, I go to BMS. >_o
DD: Aww.
Well I'll see you at fanime then :3
& we actually just semi-registered our classes for High School.
If that made any sence.
I wanna take an art/animation course for all 4 grades if possible >o<

JTchinoy

*counts*
11 blocks.

i'm on 11th street, the convention center is on market.

yes i go to SJSU.  I walk to the staff meetings cuz there's no point in reparking. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 20, 2008, 10:14:18 PM
*counts*
11 blocks.

yes i go to SJSU.  I walk to the staff meetings cuz there's no point in reparking. :)

You beat me... im on 16th St.

cappeh

i live in san jose

i go to san jose city college
probably transferring to SJSU around the same time as badcat

or later cuz science majors suck lol :(
hi i lav u

JTchinoy

Quote from: abcbadcat on March 21, 2008, 12:34:19 AM
*counts*
11 blocks.

i hope you're not walking to the con.  im getting a room with my god-sister since i'm probably going to have late night shifts and whatnot.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 22, 2008, 01:01:49 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on March 21, 2008, 12:34:19 AM
*counts*
11 blocks.

i hope you're not walking to the con.  im getting a room with my god-sister since i'm probably going to have late night shifts and whatnot.

Nah, last year we drove but we're getting a room this year.

Just stay up and sleep. Mainly to get away from my parents and the world for a few days.

Also, the day Fanime starts is my last day of school so it'll be nice to wind dow and relax with friends.

G.I.R

Quote from: Jerry on March 06, 2008, 10:10:16 AM
basically if your withing driving distance where I dont fall asleep while driving...

say around 6~7 hours driving time...  :P I'd say you are local...

believe me we've have and WILL drive out to have a gathering sooner or later.

Does that mean another road trip gathering?

I live in south L.A. county.  It's in that 6-7 hr. drive time range.

348 Miles ain't that local!  (in a physical sense  ;D ).

JTchinoy

Quote from: G.I.R on March 22, 2008, 01:28:50 PM
Quote from: Jerry on March 06, 2008, 10:10:16 AM
basically if your withing driving distance where I dont fall asleep while driving...

say around 6~7 hours driving time...  :P I'd say you are local...

believe me we've have and WILL drive out to have a gathering sooner or later.

Does that mean another road trip gathering?

I live in south L.A. county.  It's in that 6-7 hr. drive time range.

348 Miles ain't that local!  (in a physical sense  ;D ).

I think you should drive to fanime DAILY.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Ari

Lol i attended cabrillo for a semester but then gas sucked so yeah