I say we make Fanime a year long event!

Started by Mister_E, March 08, 2008, 05:48:36 AM

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

short_storiesgl

I want this but theres quiet a few reason why this is a no.

1)Fanime Staff works there ass off like what months before the Con with finding people getting passes done.. adn they dont even get paid for this so if Fanime was a year long even these people would e poor and living on the streets only thinking about fanime.. how would it be to have people who have lost there jobs trying to run a year long con? not good considering no jobs = no hook ups maybe. So yeah

2) If Fanime was a year long it would take away there great-ness of it. Example
CvGolfland is there everyday of there year always open and say i went up there everyday for a year... well pretty soon it would get boring and i wouldnt want to go there anymore and  really just not care about it... So if Fanime was like that im pretty sure people would not want to go and everything would just be bad. Im happy having Fanime 1 a year cause it brings back the excitement and fun.

3) it would just fail.
Dance Staff Second

cocoavvie

I agree with the poster above me.

It wouldn't be as exciting if it wasn't an annual thing.

Jerry

i think we had a previous thread about someone asking for fanime to be more than once a year.

of course it would be interesting, but not really realistic considering the EFFORT that goes into it for 4~5 days out of the year.

but ur spirit is in the right place.

til then I reccomend meeting people from the boards and hence why the social aspect of meeting ppl from fanime is probably the best way to 'experience' fanime year round...

or im just making stuff up and giving random reasons why we cant have it year round.

til then just wait patiently til May ok?

it will be worth the wait.  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

otakuya

Some people thought that when Fanime went from a 3 day event (Fri-Sun) to practically a 5 day event (Thurs-Mon) and a week's worth of staff prep, that it would be too much. If it happened everyday, there wouldn't be anything to look forward to.

If you really want an anime convention atmosphere all year long, that's what these boards are for ^______^. Plus, I see my same Fanime friends almost everyday and it seems no different whether it's during Fanime or not (even at school).

Mister_E

I knew this would happen if Fanime was a year long, this is what I get for posting at 5:30 in the AM
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

short_storiesgl

Quote from: Mister_E on March 08, 2008, 02:36:31 PM
I knew this would happen if Fanime was a year long, this is what I get for posting at 5:30 in the AM
Dance Staff Second

Mister_E

short_storiesgl

...i dont know.. its been about a day...and no sign of him >.>
Dance Staff Second

Mister_E

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

Mister_E

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

Mister_E

...Fine...but if we are takein' down by the wrath of Pyronikari, it's sure as hell gonna STING!

Jerry

hey guys, this isnt very constructive towards the original thread at hand.

if you guys are gonna banter, please take this to byo/b/

play nice you guys.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

short_storiesgl

Quote from: Jerry on March 08, 2008, 07:01:47 PM
hey guys, this isnt very constructive towards the original thread at hand.

if you guys are gonna banter, please take this to byo/b/

play nice you guys.

wow really Jerry... really....
Dance Staff Second

Mister_E

ToshiX

Well A Year Long Event Maybe Not

Maybe Twice A year Would Be Awesome
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???