COSPLAY CHESS 2008

Started by Ska_Kitti, March 08, 2008, 08:05:14 PM

Ska_Kitti

This is no joke, this is for real. There will be cosplay chess this year in the Gaming Room! More info to come as time progresses. :]

Games will be held from Friday - Monday. Times will vary and be released later.
Rules will be released later.
Genre of anime will be released later.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

doragon

um hi! I'm just making sure to snag a post here and such so I can provide further information and organize this lovely thing.

.... I'm the one with the gigantic chess board so uh, most things will be going through me for this.  I'll have more later since I'm supposed to be doing homework, but things will be coming up as sooooooooooooon as possible.  *thumbs up*

*runs and hides back to her hole!*
Stuff!

clawmaster

cosplay chess  F**k ya! kewl this should be sweet. I be there as engineer from team fortress 2! XP "someone' sapping my sentry!"

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

vasher

Woo, sounds fun, guys.  Thanks for setting this up!

Kandybar

bboy_uchiha

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

BunofGovt

Yay!  I've been waiting and hoping for this event!  Games Friday through Monday?  Oh, even better!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Chibblz

It's actually gonna be officially working this year? =O

OSSUM. XD

Ska_Kitti

Well from what I have heard there is going to be a Bleach chess event after the gathering... :3
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

clawmaster

Quote from: Ska_Kitti on March 13, 2008, 12:58:29 PM
Well from what I have heard there is going to be a Bleach chess event after the gathering... :3

sweet! o_o must record and post it up on utube!

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

liger0sniper

The whole weekend? Awesome.

Rainbow Ichi

good to hear that there will be cosplay chess. Do post them mechanics, and it would be nice if we play one or two scheduled in each Fanime Day :D
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

otakuya

(related?) How about regular chess in tabletop?

Ska_Kitti

Quote from: Otakuya on March 17, 2008, 12:59:18 PM
(related?) How about regular chess in tabletop?
:O How dare you! Suggesting tabletop games for tabletop! ..... xD I'll see what I can do. I can bring my chess board plus stuff, but it has sentimental value so most likely whoever will be using it will have me as their shadow unless someone else wants to bring one for us to use. I can put an IBP out for games and such at the next meeting.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

addy

I am down for chess on table top. I can bring One set and a clock. If anyone else brings a clock we can play double chess.

KevFox2169

Oh your respective gods and deities. that sounds amazing.

I will be cosplaying as a Pokemon. and would defineatly hope to be utilized in some way for the orchestration of this amazingly good idea.

May I ask how the game is played? will there be like player 1 and player 2 that control fleets of cosplaying chess pieces? if so, thats stupendous. But to be fair, its hard to screw up something so purely great. I'd be happy to help in any way shape or form. PM me if you'd like services of any kind.
"It is better to reign in hell that to serve in heaven." - Paradise Lost (its a book.)

www.twilightknights.com

liger0sniper

I'd love to help out if I can too  :)
Regular chess would be fun too. On a similar note, does anyone know how to play chinese chess(not to be confused with chinese checkers with the marbles)? I'd bring my set if anyone does.

...I really want to dress up my chess pieces now...

shinjiboy

Sounds good.  I'll be checking this thread for further information.  Add me in for a round, though I'm not that good at chess.

addy

I know how to play Chinese chess, but i suck at it. I'm okay at chess itself. Althought i get schooled everytime i play :-p.