Young Boy Dies Imitating Naruto

Started by Eurobeat King, March 10, 2008, 08:06:51 PM

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on March 11, 2008, 03:29:27 AM
Its not about parents being there all the time for their kids.  Is teaching the kids right from wrong.  If they havent, then either themselves or someone who has some with commen sense watch them, in all truth and reality I dont care how old the kid is.  Just because they've reached an age doesnt mean they know what is right.  An example is why you hear every year from people going to prom and dying because they were drunk driving.  If the parents dont have the time to teach the kids nor have someone who can, then yes they shouldnt have kids.  Reason because they dont have time to teach them values, morals, and all the good stuff that people should know, otherwise you bring idiots into the world and we all know we need less of them :D

Saying that people shouldn't have children based on this incident is extremely close-minded. My friend had told me that there was an incident where a man set his child down for 10 minutes, and came back to find it dead without warning-- are you to say that this man shouldn't have children and automatically blame him for poor parenting? People automatically find something to blame, but had you been in that position, that's just unjust. Don't tell me you wouldn't even leave your child alone in a safe place for 10 minutes, because that's just a lie.

As tragic as this was, it was still an accident. You can't automatically assume that the parents were bad parents and neglecting their responsibility to teach their children morals, what's dangerous and what isn't. Kids People do stupid things, regardless of age, because they choose to. If you think about it, I'm sure a good majority of those kids that died while drinking and driving were told not to drink at all by their parents, but do you expect them to listen just because their parents had told them not to?

And you're right about this one thing-- if they don't have time to teach their children and raise them to grow efficiently, then they shouldn't have children. I've said this. But again, you can't assume that they didn't do this, as this was an article on their child's DEATH and not his life story. From what it sounded like from the article, his family provided him with a good amount of love and care, and staying by his side on his deathbed the entire time.

The should've done a better job supervising them, and if they did, the chances of it ending the way it did would've been lowered.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Eurobeat King

That's the question: "Where were the parents to supervise these kids??"   >:(    You hear about kids drowning in swimming-pools and how parents need to keep a closer eye on them.  Perhaps the parents of these kids thought that 1-foot (thick) of sand wouldn't be harmful.. guess again..

Bad parental-supervision in this case reminds me of the infamous-breakdancing video which has a shocking ending:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8kChDiQVAAE

*sigh* bad parenting..

"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 11, 2008, 09:43:27 AM
That's the question: "Where were the parents to supervise these kids??"   >:(    You hear about kids drowning in swimming-pools and how parents need to keep a closer eye on them to prevent such accidents.  Perhaps the parents of these kids thought that 1-foot (thick) of sand wouldn't be harmful.. guess again..

The average parent would acknowledge the risks of a swimming pool and never leave their young children unsupervised, unless their children are trained swimmers-- and even then, supervision is still advised. The average person wouldn't think a sandbox would cause much harm, however. You buy a sandbox for your kids to play in the backyard, and chances are, you probably won't think of the dangers of a widdle sandbox. Anything in house can be made dangerous-- anything. The parents happened to be in the house, but they were closeby enough for the other children to rush to them when they discovered something was wrong. The parents were just too late.

The blame ultimately comes down to them lacking responsibility at the right time, but it's saddening how the cases always result in people in disgust, then assuming that it was poor parenting when it isn't necessarily the case all the time. If you want to change the scale a bit, it was the fault of the children's, then another notch, it was Cody himself to blame. In another light, people could blame Naruto, or specifically, Gaara. It's the same for other cases, and reactions are even more ludicrous-- like implying the parents that had babies that resulted in crib-death was a result of poor-parenting. They're to blame because of their genetic material, but is it moral to say it was truly their fault? It's all a matter of opinion, really. This one's mine, and I sympathize to an extent.

QuoteBad parental-supervision in this case reminds me of the infamous breakdancing video which has a shocking ending:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8kChDiQVAAE

Again you have to ask "why didn't the mom keep the child with her at ALL times??"   

Haha, I'm hoping/assuming you're being sarcastic here. That, as horrible as it is, was pretty amusing. For those that take it seriously, the mother had her supervised as to had been right there to rush towards her child immediately when it happened, so she most likely was calling for her child not to run off anyway. Parents can only watch over their children so much-- it's really up to the child to decide whether or not to listen.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Eurobeat King

Jun: Yeah, I posted the video because, like the accident with the young boy, seeing (or hearing or reading) incidents like these can make those learn about it feel different kinds of emotions.  People might find it amusing, depressing, enraged, etc.  It varies.. 

Also, I looked up the video of another kid playing with Naruto figures that was featured in the news segment entitled "Sand Ninjas"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l4eadNKKtBc

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 11, 2008, 10:07:18 AM
Jun: Yeah, I posted the video because, like the accident with the young boy, seeing (or hearing or reading) incidents like these can make those learn about it feel different kinds of emotions.  People might find it amusing, depressing, enraged, etc.  It varies.. 

Also, I looked up the video of another kid playing with Naruto figures that was featured in the news segment entitled "Sand Ninjas"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l4eadNKKtBc

Haha @ the top comment on the vid.

"Obviously sand is a potential danger to all kids in America. We must remove all the sand from the schools, from the beach and everywhere. Oh, and since there's a lot of sand on Irak and Afghanistan, we should go there and remove all the sand too.
Ha ha, hilarious how people blame this on Naruto, and not in the kids being stupid and burying his friend on the sand. LOL."

FanimaidCafe.com

Jerry

you cant teach common sense.

crazy and stoopidnees 'naturally' happens...

and then people will find a reason to blame someone/anything else.

when legitimately accidents or really bad blunders happen. then ppl die. See Darwin Awards.

RIP kid. no more playing with with the sand ninja for you...

if anything, im pissed off that the public still refers to anime as a "cartoon" ... geez, WTF...  :P
but thats another debate.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Eurobeat King

There's a follow-up news video that aired after the boy died:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b49450J6MhY

Like I said before, you feel different emotions when you watch something like this.  Some may feel sad, others might feel angry or confused like that one woman "Why would they bury their friend head-first into sand??"

Me, I'm trying not to laugh at the newscaster's pronunciation of Naruto, as he calls it "Narutoo Sand Ninjas"   ;D  Sometimes I wish the news-people would do more research about anime before they try to pronounce it for the public to hear.. 

Shinsengumi

I really hate it when they mispronounce the anime, Nerutu Sand Ninjas .
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Glitch

I hate how the report goes all out to make naruto sound like such a disturbing thing. The way they showed the kids playing with their action figures in the sandbox is as an example of a bad influence is so retarded.I am surprised to find out this is an ABC news affiliate, not fox news. Go figure.

Eurobeat King

Quote from: Shinsengumi on March 11, 2008, 01:22:06 PM
I really hate it when they mispronounce the anime, Nerutu Sand Ninjas .

Yeah, I don't know where the heck the media got the tag "Sand Ninjas" from, thinking that's the name of the show.   :P

short_storiesgl

What  did i say Naruto is evil.. i told you.. i told you...
Dance Staff Second

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: short_storiesgl on March 11, 2008, 03:29:50 PM

Being anti-supermainstream isn't a reason to blame media for someone's death. =P

FanimaidCafe.com

Eurobeat King

First Pokemon (with the seizure-incident), then Death Note (with the student being suspended for writing classmates' names in a DeathNote), and now this incident with Naruto.  I hate to see what happens next when life tries to imitate anime.

I swear, if anyone (non-cosplay) decides to copy what the characters do in Persona 3 that will take the cake..  :P

short_storiesgl

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 11, 2008, 03:39:50 PM
Quote from: short_storiesgl on March 11, 2008, 03:29:50 PM

Being anti-supermainstream isn't a reason to blame media for someone's death. =P

You know that its not about the main stream and i was talking about the kid not the media...
Dance Staff Second

Chun

Avoided through adult supervision, avoided by not letting the child be influenced so harshly by shows, avoided by common sense.

When it comes down to it, Naruto has nothing to do with this. It's the child's upbringing that determines the level of gullibility, not the other way around.

Yes, it's a sad event. But blaming the medium, not the person, is absolutely illogical.

I've got a friend, and his name is Darwin?

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

rubymoonIII

too bad for the kid i just hope the dont take naruto off the air like they puled off "old boy" from the shelves and ebay
i was so pissed
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

mDuo13

Stupid. But not as stupid as "the choking game."

gmontem

So who is going to submit this story to the Darwin Awards site?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Golden State Warrior

Wow, poor kid.

I would have bought him a Sand Ninja headband if he really wanted to be a Sand Ninja.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Golden State Warrior on March 13, 2008, 05:45:17 PM
Wow, poor kid.

I would have bought him a Sand Ninja headband if he really wanted to be a Sand Ninja.

Aww, that's the sweetest thing I've read on this thread. XD

Props to you, man.

FanimaidCafe.com