Swap Meet 2008

Started by Eurobeat King, March 12, 2008, 11:20:41 AM

Eurobeat King

ebay is good to see if the items you want to sell are also available online, and if so, how much their "Buy It Now" price is.  There you can determine if you want to sell it at a similar price.  Here's an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-D-1st-Edition-Fiend-Folio_W0QQitemZ320234054570QQihZ011QQcategoryZ44112QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Buy It Now Price is for $20.00  Come Fanime, I might sell my copy it for $20, or higher or lower.  :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

DayDreamerNessa

Quote from: Keys on April 05, 2008, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: Eurobeat King on April 05, 2008, 11:45:06 AMI'm glad there are a lot of people who show up on pre-reg. Thursday, so that gives them first-dibs on buying stuff from you as opposed to waiting until Friday.  :)

Yeah, I did more selling last year on Thursday than on Friday, despite being there far fewer hours.  I don't know if it's because all of my desirable stuff was gone by the end of Thursday, less other sellers, or if it's just a different culture of buyers who come that night.

That's what I'm debating as well, as of right now i'm only interested in selling on friday, thursday night i just don't know if I want to plus that's another 20$, i go every year to pick up a badge, and this year i'd like to check out the swap meet, but i don't think i'd want to sell, because of the time getting ready for friday costumes events =(.

I think it could possibly be you might sell more on thursday for many number of reasons, because it may be a different crowd, maybe the people who pre-register and pick up badges on thursday have more time to look and decide to buy, also they might have more money to freely spend especially since they haven't hit up the dealers room at that point, and also maybe you had really good merchandise that ended being bought on the first night like you said.

also i forgot to ask this question two other questions that i just remembered:

-are sellers allowed to leave early, or are they supposed to stick around till the swap meet ends?
-do you line up and whatever place you are in line is the order you get to go in the room and set-up, or do you go by the registered numbers on the list of registered individuals and the number you register as is the order?
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Keys

Quote from: DayDreamerNessa on April 05, 2008, 03:11:11 PMalso i forgot to ask this question two other questions that i just remembered:

-are sellers allowed to leave early, or are they supposed to stick around till the swap meet ends?
-do you line up and whatever place you are in line is the order you get to go in the room and set-up, or do you go by the registered numbers on the list of registered individuals and the number you register as is the order?

Sellers may leave as early as they desire.

If you are in the guaranteed block of registrants, we take you in the order in which you arrive and place you according to your number.  (If there are people outside the guaranteed block ahead of you in line, we would wait to process them until we finish with the first block.)

Aya Brea X

I think I do more sales on Thursdays because

1) We're the only game in town.  First dibbs at Dealers room comes on Friday, and by Friday night people have already blown a good chunk of change in the Dealers Room.  Whereas on Thursday, we're the first place they can spend money on merchandise. :3

2) There's really nothing else to do.  Most events start on Friday, so we're almost the only game in town event wise. 

I also sell out all of my good deals on Thursday.  I came in with a suitcase and some boxes, everything left from Thursday fit in half a suitcase. 

I'm pretty sure I'll have stuff left for Friday per usual, so I've signed up for Friday as well.

Eurobeat King

Quote from: DayDreamerNessa on April 05, 2008, 03:11:11 PM

Nessa, it looks like we'll be side-by-side sellers on Friday night. ;)  Hope you'll be able to put up with my Eurobeat & Trance music I'll be playing throughout the night cos I'll be selling those kinds of CD's.  hehe

Last couple of years, on Thursday I sold my stuff for a few hours, but when it seemed to be void of people around maybe.. 11:00pm, that's when I started to pack-up.  For Friday, it got REALLY busy because there were a lot of people selling stuff, and lots of people walking around to do some shopping (and also check out the video-games in the middle of the room.)  Business was quite good and I remained there until I thought that the remainder of my items wouldn't sell (even after discounting some a little more) at which I packed up my stuff and moved it back to my car.  Then I continued to take pics of cosplayers wandering around the con.

Last year I worried about getting there early on Friday, even though I had a spot within the Top 5, but this year I will probably take pics around the con until 7:30pm, and then get my stuff ready to go in at 8:30pm. 

lyricaldanichan

It is gonna be interesting with this years swap meet and I am stoaked that we can reserve early and do the paper work quickly so we can get our spots. kudos to the swap meet staff!

sunrise-oasis

I SOOOOO can't wait til Fanime swap meet, im soo attending both of them this year!!!!..

special note....
if you are selling shugo chara!..BEWARE OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL SOO BUY IT -_-!***********

sunrise-oasis

Alright then now that swap meet is comming alot soooner than the convention. I wanted to know how i can submit the form before I get an email saying "you have 2 days left to submit this bfore the deadline..it happened to the art tables, it happened to registeration, and I know it may happen to this!>..I wanna know what i do to the SIGNED FORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I show up with my sign form and get denied im going to be very very angry!!!!!!!!!and i will considered this an illegal ACT!!!!

yes im unhappy right now but this is starting to make me really paranoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keys

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on May 01, 2008, 07:48:54 PM
Alright then now that swap meet is comming alot soooner than the convention. I wanted to know how i can submit the form before I get an email saying "you have 2 days left to submit this bfore the deadline..it happened to the art tables, it happened to registeration, and I know it may happen to this!>..I wanna know what i do to the SIGNED FORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I show up with my sign form and get denied im going to be very very angry!!!!!!!!!and i will considered this an illegal ACT!!!!

yes im unhappy right now but this is starting to make me really paranoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll have a table set up at exhibit hall 2 on the night of the swap meet to take your filled out and signed form and money (cash only please.)  If you are one of the first  30 people listed on the registration list and you are at exhibit hall 2, waiting with the other sellers, by 8:30pm on Friday, May 23, you should have no problem. 

edendreams

Hey a question:

Last yeah i only sold stuff on friday so this year i'm thinking about coming thursday, my question is How early would you suggest waiting on thursday to get in because isn't space limited?

an added question is I'm selling manga which gets very very heavy and last yeah i was able to use a hand kart (the ones with 2 wheels) But i thought i saw you can't do that this year... *Panics* so... how am i to haul the books? it's going to be very very heavy

(I'm selling my manga collection again it's like over 400+ books)

a little art by me ^-^

Eurobeat King

Quote from: edendreams on May 09, 2008, 05:56:59 AM
Hey a question:

Last yeah i only sold stuff on friday so this year i'm thinking about coming thursday, my question is How early would you suggest waiting on thursday to get in because isn't space limited?

an added question is I'm selling manga which gets very very heavy and last yeah i was able to use a hand kart (the ones with 2 wheels) But i thought i saw you can't do that this year... *Panics* so... how am i to haul the books? it's going to be very very heavy

(I'm selling my manga collection again it's like over 400+ books)

For Thursday, I've seen people line-up outside the room as early as 5:00pm (perhaps sooner) so if you walk by the room during the afternoon and you see people standing by the wall with boxes, you'll know why they're there. ;) 

I don't have a hand kart, so I have to carry everything from my car by hand, this year including this BIG-@$$ suitcase that contains some of my stuff.  You could get a suitcase that has wheels & a handle, since those are allowed.  Otherwise, if you have a lot of boxes, get some friends to help you carry the stuff from your car to your place in-line.  They can also help you watch your stuff while you get more.  Hope this helps.

Aya Brea X

I apologize if this was already asked and answered, but I really couldn't find the answer on the webpage or from the thread.  When are the pre-reg'ed sellers for Friday supposed to show up?  I just noticed AA is open later this year so I have to figure when is the latest I can show up to pick up my space for swap meet.  Thanks! 

Keys

It's 8:30pm to be safe. (It's on the List of Registered Individuals page.) Basically if it's 8:30pm and we're through the first 30 and your number already, we're going to assume you're a no-show and start filling empty spaces with the later numbered people who are present.

Aya Brea X

Quote from: Keys on May 11, 2008, 01:41:49 AM
It's 8:30pm to be safe. (It's on the List of Registered Individuals page.) Basically if it's 8:30pm and we're through the first 30 and your number already, we're going to assume you're a no-show and start filling empty spaces with the later numbered people who are present.

So 8:30 is not the time for the general public to arrive?  Are you going to start checking people in early like starting at 8pm?  I'd like to be there when you start working the list. 

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: Aya Brea X on May 11, 2008, 02:07:13 AM

So 8:30 is not the time for the general public to arrive?  Are you going to start checking people in early like starting at 8pm?  I'd like to be there when you start working the list. 

Okay i wanted to know whats your avatar from? i KNOW I seen her before but I don't know which series!!!!!!!!!
(also sent you a pm before and i don't think you got it yet!....still) IWanan know who she is TT!!!!!

Keys

Oh, I thought you wanted to the latest time to be safe.  We aim to start processing people at 8pm.

Aya Brea X

Quote from: Keys on May 11, 2008, 06:48:36 PM

Oh, I thought you wanted to the latest time to be safe.  We aim to start processing people at 8pm.
Last year I think I went at 7:00  just to be safe but AA was closed at 6, I believe.  I was trying to figure out when you started calling people so I can leave AA a little before and pick up my stuff and get down to swap meet. Thanks!

Sunrise, she's from Kino's Journey or Kino no Tabi. I thought I sent you a PM back already about that, but I guess it didn't get through.

pandamonium

so processing starts at 8? us walk-in's should probably arrive earlier to wait in line for spots to open up, right?

Keys

We have 50 spaces and 60 people on our list. Some people may not show, some may only require half spaces, some may not be following the rules.  After we have gone through the people on our list, if there is room, we will take walk-ins. The likelihood on this is still iffy at best. We start processing the list at 8pm. I would guess it would take at least an hour to be through with everyone.

Note: We are processing people from the Marriott side doors of Exhibit Hall 2. If you are facing the hall from the concourse, these are the doors on the left.  If people choose to line up, they should note that the front will be on that side.  Also, since we will be processing people on the list first, we will have to send away people in our processing line who are not on this list. If you choose to take a chance with walk-in, please keep behind the pre-registered people.

After we have dealt with the pre-registration list and any additional people behind them, we will close down the registration portion of our table. (We will still be around to enforce the rules and handle problems as they may arise.) In other words, please don't come at 11pm looking for a spot, we won't be able to process you then.