weapon rules

Started by userpay, March 13, 2008, 06:21:15 AM

userpay

Are the rules for having weapons been posted for this year yet? If they haven't maybe someone could hook me up with last years rules so I can make guesses as to what its gonna be for this year. I'm planning on 2 cosplays (one isn't from anime but I already have the costume) and they both will have weapons. For some details the first costume (which my sister has yet to come down and take measurments) will have a kataka for sure (unsharped and I bought it with a wazitashi in Japan to boot) and my other costume I'm planning on having a really old sword (the previous owner tried to sharpen it I think but the particular metal can't hold an edge) with a dagger (sharp and I got in hawaii on the way back from Japan) and maybe to really small (yet sharp) knives.

Yukari Kaiba

I hope you have sheathes for those - metal props aren't allowed (unsharpened or not), and they'll be peacedbonded into the sheathes. last year i had brought a dull katana for my Byakuya cosplay (i had already taken the liberty of peacebonding it myself) and even though i had it peacebonded into the sheath, they had me peacebond the sheath to my belt. so unless you have sheathes for your swords i don't think you'll be able to carry them around.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

userpay

Peacebonding would be no problem for me, one of my swords you can barely get out of the sheath anyway (old sword).

userpay

Ok I figure that I will post the weapons I was planning on bringing in the hopes that someone can give me definite info or can contact a mod that can get me the info I need (and maybe sticky it so anyone with similar questions don't have to make a new thread). Ok as follows
This link it to the folder with all the pics of the weapons in question (though your more than welcome to look at other pics in my collection)
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/userpay/fanime%20weapons/
The katana (and the paired wazitashi to boot)
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/userpay/fanime%20weapons/?action=view&current=100_1617.jpg
The regular sword (and I was right, its damn hard to pull out)
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/userpay/fanime%20weapons/?action=view&current=100_1614.jpg
The dagger
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/userpay/fanime%20weapons/?action=view&current=100_1619.jpg
And a shurikin I was thinking of adding to an costume
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/userpay/fanime%20weapons/?action=view&current=100_1621.jpg
Each pic has a close up (or in the case of the shurikin, open) to get a better idea of how it looks.

To give more details about my costumes the first was going to be a soul reaper (not any particular one, just a background dude) but decided I might make my own character with it (probably bankai based). I was planning on adding the wazitashi into it and maybe tying the shurikin to the hilt like
Tōshirō Hitsugaya's first release (the chain with half moon crecent if I remember correctly). As to modifications to the costume itself I can't say untill my sister makes it.
For the other costume I was going to use the renisance outfit my sister made for the renifare (she made costumes for all of us) and the dagger and the sword would be going with that costume.

blancoisma

Userspray - From my understanding, metal props, meaning, made of metal and it doesn't matter if they're not sharp at all, are not allowed. To be honest with you, I'd feel a bit uncomfortable knowing someone is walking around with live metal. I'm not saying that you yourself are not responsible and wouldn't do something stupid like waving it around and causing a scene, but others might not realize that. Until the new rules are posted, or whatever, I would bet that bringing in those weapons might not be a good idea.
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

userpay

Well Yukari said peacebonding is all you really need (though I'm willing to bet that I can't use the shurikin even if I use the holes in the blade to tie it up) though I wanted to see if someone could get a mod that knows something, or at least can ask the higher ups, about this because I would think they would have weapon policies done by now and since I didn't cosplay last year (my first fanime at anyrate) I don't know the rules concerning cosplay.

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: userpay on March 21, 2008, 08:12:25 AM
Well Yukari said peacebonding is all you really need (though I'm willing to bet that I can't use the shurikin even if I use the holes in the blade to tie it up) though I wanted to see if someone could get a mod that knows something, or at least can ask the higher ups, about this because I would think they would have weapon policies done by now and since I didn't cosplay last year (my first fanime at anyrate) I don't know the rules concerning cosplay.

just wait until the 2008 policy comes out - they usually will have an email for people to contact if they have questions regarding a prop and if it meets the guidelines. I did a Renji cosplay back in 05 and was concerned if my shikai Zabimaru would be ok to bring, even though its wooden. I had emailed them asking my question as well as sending a photo of it, and they got back to me pretty fast.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

userpay

Are they gonna have that policy thing in the forums to because unless they use the email from the forum account I think my mom is the one whos email was regestered for my badge.

Kanameshito

As far as I am concered all you need to do is tag the weapon.But still this was my first con so I have no idea
Breathing in the same sequence
While trying to make sense of your situation
What we got ourselves in, two more weeks of one way conversation
She says she's losing interest
I swear that we are best friends till the end
A song that had me listening

Runewitt

Quote from: Kanameshito on March 08, 2009, 02:30:37 PM
As far as I am concered all you need to do is tag the weapon.But still this was my first con so I have no idea

Necro Thread!
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Kanzake

From my understanding at the rovers meetings, any props which need metal to hold its shape will not be allowed. IE your swords. They are made of metal to hold the shape of the blade. Not allowed.

Also, if say a keyblade was made, with the core being some kind of metal, and stuff built around it, not allowed.

I payed attention for the prop stuff at the meetings because i build props. That way i know the stuff i make do not violate these rules and pass. So in lamen terms, your unsharpened katanas will not pass, your sharp daggers etc will not be peace bond shut, theyre simply not allowed. Sorry :(

Also, old thread. Close it? o-o
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

what about wood?
im remaking my axel chacrams out of wood this time, some kid hit my fome ones till they broke T_T

are those ok?
Captain Hook
Kristof
Russia