Dinner before Dancing

Started by deonchan, March 13, 2008, 06:13:18 PM

Evangelion Xgouki

Sounds intriguing... :)
Won't have a suit, but I will be wearing one of my military uniforms (Zeon or FMA depending on my cosplay schedule for the day).

deonchan

1st BUMP

In order to make it worth wild I'm guessing min of 8-10 people
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

IamTetsuo

We had a B&W ball gathering last year.

I was one of two people to actually show up.

suna_no_yoroi

I'm totally in.  does anybody if they have dance lessons again? umm, i'm hoping my outfit counts.  I don't have a tux so I was just gonna wear the Black Kazekage Gaara robe thing, and then maybe add some white accessories? Still plenty of shopping time, so I would appreciate any suggestions.

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Rei-Rei

Depends where you guys go and what you guys eat.
But I'm interested. ^^
So anymore updates or details would be great.

deonchan

Okies I've been looking for resturants and I have a few choices. Please take a gander and give your $0.02

QuotePaolo's Restaurant
A San Jose dining landmark and its finest Italian restaurant for over 48 years
www.paolos.com

QuoteAgenda Restaurant and Lounge can meet all your dining banquet and entertainment needs.A full service restaurant offering fine California cuisine and full banquet facilities for private and corporate meetings dinners or just hors douvres and cocktail receptions.And after the day is over dance to the mixes of San Jose's finest DJs or live bands in one of the club levels.
www.agendarestaurant.com

QuoteMcCormick & Schmick's Menue features fresh seafood, excellent steaks, daily printed menus, lunch and dinner offered 7 days a week, exciting happy hour, private room available. Prides itself for providing quality service and a friendly staff that really cares about your experience.
www.mccormickandschmicks.com

Quote71 Saint Peter
Creations from Mediterranean recipes that will take your tastebuds to the old world but with fresh new herbs and custom spices to bring the meal to an experience. Menu features a variety of beef, poultry, pork and seafood specialities.
www.71saintpeter.com

All of these places are less than a mile from the con (71 being the "longest walk" at .7 miles)

So we have some choices let make it happen!
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

BrightHeart76

I'm not going to this...but just a fair warning to everyone.  We went to Paolo's last year before Play!  It sucked.  It cost too much and the food was just plain nasty.  I'd suggest one of the other choices if I were you.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Rei-Rei

Quote from: deonchan on May 05, 2008, 05:06:47 PM
Okies I've been looking for resturants and I have a few choices. Please take a gander and give your $0.02

Quote71 Saint Peter
Creations from Mediterranean recipes that will take your tastebuds to the old world but with fresh new herbs and custom spices to bring the meal to an experience. Menu features a variety of beef, poultry, pork and seafood specialities.
www.71saintpeter.com

Deonchan, Paolo's is closed on Sundays. So it's out of the question.
http://www.paolos.com/about.html

For the second one I couldn't find the times, but it actually looks good.

I've never been to McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant, but it looks like there's a lot of options there, might be good if you're taking a lot of people with you.  Then again the portions look pretty big. A lot of seafood too, I'm not sure if I want to smell like seafood by the end of the dinner. =P

Overall, I think I'd want to go to the 71 Saint Peter the most, but they're also not open on Sundays.
http://www.71saintpeter.com/contact.asp

Let me go look around for some places also.

Edit: I realize there's an Il Fornaio Italian restaurant around the area. I've always wanted to try eating there, what do you think?

deonchan

Im down for it. As long as the others are game ^_^
The main goal is to try to pick a place where the majority will be happy and we can all have fun
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

JTchinoy

La Victoria's :P
4 blocks east of the convention center.  4.50 for a burrito.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 05, 2008, 09:39:52 PM
La Victoria's :P
4 blocks east of the convention center.  4.50 for a burrito.
Wait wait... You are going?

JTchinoy

i dunno, just letting u know there's cheaper places. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

jazmatazz

Hell I'd do it. I don't know any of you guys though, but hey. XD Should be interesting. o_O
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

deonchan

jazmatazz  - Anyone is welcome to join. More people the better

JT - yeah there are cheaper places around but that's not the objective with this one. We're trying to go a more upsalce place before the B&W ball
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

JTchinoy

I'm on a bit of a budget, so I'm going to be a stingy asian, sorry. :(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

jazmatazz

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 05, 2008, 11:14:42 PM
I'm on a bit of a budget, so I'm going to be a stingy asian, sorry. :(

I hate you. =/

Now it looks like I'll be forced to socialize with others. Le gasp!
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Rei-Rei

So who's going to make the plans? Deonchan? ^^