HAY! LET'S GO TO THE BEACH! [in June]

Started by Chibblz, March 16, 2008, 08:48:35 AM

DemonLordZabuza

Hmm, in my thoughts if this is a club related activity, I would recommend have some chaperons around.  That way no one gets in trouble.

If is just a bunch of friends hanging out who happen to be in the club but aren't doing this as a club activity, well then is just like any other gathering we have and if you want your parents around is up to you. 

I want to swim in the ocean again :D, and I need to buy some trunks.  Woot summer shopping :D

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Sunara Ishi

I agree.

From skimming in the beginning, I guess I was under the impression that it was friends from a high school club hanging out.

However, if its a club related activity (sponsored by the school or not), then we should have the gathering separate. But that doesn't mean that it has to be different days. We could both do our own thing and if any of the club wants to come say hi it probably would be alright. However if any want to go off and hang with us (aka with no supervision), it should be under the approval of a chaperon.
(Not to say that high schoolers can't make their own good decisions but its easy to make bad decisions when you're younger and such an arrangement might make the parents feel more comfortable.)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Chibblz

It's basically going to be a gathering just with people in my club. The school wouldn't bother helping us out with transportation or anything, and it's going to be after the school year ends too. I'm planning on inviting other anime clubs too. But like.. yah.. o-O

ced1106

Beachwise, Santa Cruz is for the usual sun, overpriced rides, and gawking. Carmel's for sightseeing, cool breezes, and high property values.

As for the age thing, I never quite understood the wisdom of letting a pack of hormonally charged teenagers alone together, but the only kid I have to worry about has four legs and barks at airplanes.  ;D

EDIT: Sure, go ahead and invite a few anime clubs along. Sheesh, nothing wrong with a "Local anime club get-together"!

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Tsubasa

It's not only an issue of "hormonally charged teenagers" (although that is certainly a possibility).  It's an issue of liability.  If anything happens to compromise the well-being of any of the minors, someone's going to have to take responsibility.

I wouldn't normally bring this up, but it sounds like there would be a relatively large percentage of minors who 1. we are unfamiliar with and 2. have parents who might raise concerns.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Chibblz

Well, the thing is that there most likely will be parents that decide to go with their child just to make sure that they're okay. Whether these parents allow them to hang out with the Con-goers is their choice. It's not like they HAVE to hang out with you guys. It's just that it'd be nice to get a bigger group of people that we'd possibly know or not know or whatever to just hang out at the beach together. They're really clingy with each other, and I just thought that getting to know more people would be nice.

And as I've said, it's most likely not just my club that's going, and the people on the boards that are going would probably know some of the people in the other invited clubs too. I just wanted more than just us and even random-er people to be there.

Or something like that. o.o

Sunara Ishi

I hate to say this but if they are indeed really clingy with each other, they probably won't want to be around "strangers" and would rather be with their own group.

Trying to force people to be around people not in their in-group can be rather awkward if they are not up to meeting and being around new people. And it may be more than likely that they will do their own thing away from us.

Not to say that isn't alright but if you're trying to plan things to be a certain way, it may not go as you would like.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

ChenCzen

I learned how to swim in bootcamp... and havent done it since. Maybe interested.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

DemonLordZabuza

Quote from: ChenCzen on March 19, 2008, 10:01:53 PM
I learned how to swim in bootcamp... and havent done it since. Maybe interested.

When ever I hear swimming and the beach in the same paragraph/sentences I think of GATEGA, awesome movie.  I want to swim as far as I can then come back :P

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

mDuo13

I like the beach.

I still don't think that combining a high school anime club meeting and a Fanimafia gathering is a good idea, though.

Lactose

Quote from: mDuo13 on March 22, 2008, 04:19:10 PM
I like the beach.

I still don't think that combining a high school anime club meeting and a Fanimafia gathering is a good idea, though.

i have to agree with this.
Lactose = Liz

questionette

I want to go to the boardwalk again wit joo guyz  XD yay for summer gatherings I can actually attend!!
I'll go if it's the fanime pplz...I agree the high school anime club thingy should be separate...they r not ready for the MAFIA

JK but yeah..still

otakuapprentice

i'm still thinkin' about this, so i r a maybe for now.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

RamenCat

I think a gathering of the fanime-peeps would  be fun, but I have to agree that it probably would cause parents to  be concerned if their kids  are hanging out with complete strangers....so maybe have a chat room or  online get together of sorts to help your anime clubers more comfortable with other people, instead of an irl meeting. If we were to do the gathering at a beach I think it's a good idea for parents/guardians to be there...just in case.
But now I'm liking the idea of having a just fanimer hanging out on the same day, you  guys doing your thing and if any of your people wanna hang with us cool people they can, if they aren't comfortable then they can stay with people they know.
Registration Staff 07-08

Moogleborg

Depending on what happens, i'll see if i'm able to go. ^_^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.