Sign Question

Started by Mister_E, March 18, 2008, 01:20:02 AM

Steve.Young

This is a tough one. It borderlines sexual harassment/"proposals"

However, if you do go through with this (after finding out if it is i okay of course), I must see for myself the responses =). I think it'd be kinda funny.

Edit: Although, yea it can be kinda creepy. Jail bait ftl!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Nyxyin

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 19, 2008, 10:48:46 AMWell, as Pyron had mentioned, we heard at the last Fanime meeting that "anything that is a proposition, or offering a proposition is not allowed", which includes "Glomp/Hug me" signs
After sitting in enough meetings, one starts to notice that nothing in a meeting is set in stone unless it's in writing.  For example, last time, you and Pyron also heard that all signs were banned, but it turns out that they're not.  So, I'm going to wait until there's an official web page stating the Fanime-specific rules in writing before trusting anything that is said in meetings.  However, illegal is illegal, and that won't change no matter who says what in any Fanime meetings.

Either way, I think people got the message that we think a sign asking for a date is a bad idea.

dibbly

Fanime Dating Dojo!

its in the meetings, gatherings, and..ect.

check it out.
if all else fails, try the old fashion way.

-Dibbers
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

luckyends

i always thought that the technical meaning of prostitution is doing anything involving your body for something else like will glomp for pocky or will yaoi for money stating that you want a date its just kinda...
i want to say funny but at the same time no....
in the definition that i heard it does not count as prostitution
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: luckyends on March 20, 2008, 05:32:42 AM
i always thought that the technical meaning of prostitution is doing anything involving your body for something else like will glomp for pocky or will yaoi for money stating that you want a date its just kinda...

Soliciting of any kind via sign is prohibited from the con, as announced at the last meeting. IIRC, asking for a date with a sign is considered soliciting, but beyond that, it's just really really pathetic. While it may not be straight prostitution, and while I really doubt Mister E's intentions is to get whoever takes up his offer to bed, it could be easily interpreted that way... because really, what is a "date" in the new sense of the word? ;)

While I don't have much of a problem with this (as long as he doesn't start using THAT as an excuse to follow someone at the con) it does seem... really creepy, and most definitely will creep people out. I think he's acknowledged this, though.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Mister_E

nonononononono, I just want someone to dance nothing more nothing less, I am not looking for a Girlfriend just a dance partner.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Mister_E on March 20, 2008, 12:04:08 PM
nonononononono, I just want someone to dance nothing more nothing less, I am not looking for a Girlfriend just a dance partner.

No no no, I know you wouldn't do that. I said so in my previous post. Just that, it could easily be interpreted that way. In any case, I'm pretty sure you know now that it's a bad idea. It shouldn't be too hard to find a dance partner. If worse comes to worse, you can always try AT the dance, but for all you know, that might be the easiest solution.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

FanFicGuru

This makes me want to host a social etiquette panel.

I think there's something similar already in place though, something like "How to talk to Girls" right?

Anyways, best of luck on your adventure Laughing Man! I'm sure you'll find someone to dance with.

Maybe Major Kusanagi will tear up the dance floor with ya.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

OniCourseMusha

Mister_E.  BE A MAN!! You don't need no stinkin sign nor panel just to find someone to dance wit!  I can help you regarding that!  You're talking to a guy who danced wit more than a dozen partners!  I also taking a ballroom dancing class!

As long as the person fits around your age.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on March 20, 2008, 01:31:18 PM
Mister_E.  BE A MAN!! You don't need no stinkin sign nor panel just to find someone to dance wit!  I can help you regarding that!  You're talking to a guy who danced wit more than a dozen partners!  I also taking a ballroom dancing class!

As long as the person fits around your age.
Craig is the Man, believe the hype.

However, Im sure the direct approach works best when seeking a dance partner, ganbatte.

Mister_E

Alright, I'll do it!

Now that I recall there was this one girl who we kept see each other at the Con.

I am the worst with names so I forgot after all this time, she dressed as Haku from Naruto if I could find her I could hopefully ask her.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: luckyends on March 20, 2008, 05:32:42 AM

Prosititution is the exchange of a montary nature (money, merchandise, bonds, stocks, etc) for a sexual act or acts.  That's the simplest term to apply to the word.  The long version takes up books and penal codes.  Therefore a date in which one party pays for dinner, a show/movie, buys jewel and the rest of the night the second party has sex with the first party could consistute Prosititution.  Basically your standard date.

Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Nyxyin

Quote from: FanFicGuru on March 20, 2008, 12:41:24 PMThis makes me want to host a social etiquette panel.
I think that's a good idea.

QuoteI think there's something similar already in place though, something like "How to talk to Girls" right?
From the rumors, it sounds more like a social anti-etiquette panel.