Capture the flag in Pokemon Diamon/Pearl

Started by lmskat, March 18, 2008, 10:05:27 PM

lmskat

I've been dying for an opportunity to have a bunch of people play capture the flag in the underground area of the Pokemon DS Diamond/Pearl games. This may be one such opportunity. Would anyone be into that?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: lmskat on March 18, 2008, 10:05:27 PM
I've been dying for an opportunity to have a bunch of people play capture the flag in the underground area of the Pokemon DS Diamond/Pearl games. This may be one such opportunity. Would anyone be into that?

Theres a CTF game in Pokemon?
You lost me.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

lmskat

Once you are able to explore underground in Diamond and Pearl, you can make a personal base. Others within your network will be able to interact with you underground, and you can play capture the flag. All of those who are underground are able to search for other's bases, and then steal their flag. It's quite exciting.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: lmskat on March 18, 2008, 10:42:10 PM
Once you are able to explore underground in Diamond and Pearl, you can make a personal base. Others within your network will be able to interact with you underground, and you can play capture the flag. All of those who are underground are able to search for other's bases, and then steal their flag. It's quite exciting.

How does the CTF work?
Do you battle?
Can you get a "HEADSHOT!!!!!"? (LOL)

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

lmskat

You can battle also. But not underground. Basically, you have to first find another's base, then you have to take their flag, and finally, you have to return to your base without them catching you. There are traps to slow people down. I'm afraid there will be no shooting in such a game.  ;)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: lmskat on March 18, 2008, 10:54:29 PM
You can battle also. But not underground. Basically, you have to first find another's base, then you have to take their flag, and finally, you have to return to your base without them catching you. There are traps to slow people down. I'm afraid there will be no shooting in such a game.  ;)

But my Headshot...
Oh well.

Anyways, Im down to do it, if I ever progress enough in the game to be able to go to the underground anyways ^_^

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

cappeh

wtf that sounds like so much fun

why didn't i know about this sooner :(
hi i lav u

JTchinoy

wouldn't it be awesome if you could battle underground too?  ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

KevFox2169

The reason there isnt battling underground is because there are places to battle elsewhere, the capture the flag is just that, and would be hindered greatly if people were just standing around battling instead of hunting for treasure, finding bases, and capturing flags, which are mostly all much more active things to do.

But I'd imagine with the Team ability, you can have capture the flag teams patrolling and the underground capturing flags, and taking names. The DS records it all, so we can eventually get a good record of who's flag is teh awesomely protected.

I'm brining my DS, That is at least for damn sure.
"It is better to reign in hell that to serve in heaven." - Paradise Lost (its a book.)

www.twilightknights.com

lmskat

There could be teams as well as people out only for themselves. It would create quite the dynamic capture the flag game. Teams could pay mercenaries with treasure and traps!  :o How incredibly awesome would that be. No need for battling when you can have crazy games of capture the flag.   

JohnnyAR

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 18, 2008, 10:34:24 PM
Quote from: lmskat on March 18, 2008, 10:05:27 PM

Theres a CTF game in Pokemon?
You lost me.

lol, count me in for pokemon!

liger0sniper

I would love to be in it. I need to get Spiritomb anyway >.>

KevFox2169

So basically, just everyone bring a Pokemon game and the DS!  Capture the flag, and trading, and battling.  Sound good to everyone? say yay!
"It is better to reign in hell that to serve in heaven." - Paradise Lost (its a book.)

www.twilightknights.com

liger0sniper

Quote from: KevFox2169 on March 23, 2008, 11:46:17 PM
So basically, just everyone bring a Pokemon game and the DS!  Capture the flag, and trading, and battling.  Sound good to everyone? say yay!

*meep* Yay!
Is there gonna be a set location or is it like whomever you bump into?

lmskat

I've tested the strength of the DS's wireless connection, and it's pretty awesome. We could either set up a room for such gaming, or individuals or groups can play where ever they like. If the connection is strong enough, you will see other players. If you were so inclined you could walk around the convention until you picked up someone's signal. That might get a bit boring though. If you find someone, stick with them for however long you'd like to play. Eventually we will gather quite the crowd.

Yay!

Nanashi

Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

KevFox2169

Now, would it be more feasible to make a meeting in the gaming hall? like, some sort of square in which anyone who wishes to play Pokemon DS should congregate? I think it would make more sense to do it in that sort of way. So that people arent running around staring at their DS falling from the second floor and killing themselves. Then bringing the evening news in with a story about how video games killed yet again more people.

Maybe I exaggerate a tad.

But anyway, we're a rowdy bunch of portable gamers, and so I hope we don't expect lounge chairs and all that. I think a 20 SQ foot section of the gaming room will suffice for space for our endeavors. (That way no trainer is left with an urge to play but no where to go.)

www.twilightknights.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

lmskat

We've got an articulate bunch here, don't we? Hah.
I suppose that people wandering around would be potentially dangerous, and this arrangement should probably be kept to a square of some sort. Maybe not as exciting, but definitely safer. It would be awesome, however, to be able to some what secretly talk together with our team while playing, but I don't know how plausible that will be. That's my two cents. At least I have some cents, though.