Nokia: Morph Concept

Started by Jun-Watarase, March 19, 2008, 07:53:50 PM

Jun-Watarase

So here's a video on Nokia's "Morph", demonstrating the possibilities of nanotechnology... Huh.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IX-gTobCJHs

Really, this looks pretty cool, but something very distant in the future for anything close to it to be released. Look at how long it took to introduce touch screens to the common household. I can't imagine the bugs it would have it if were to happen, and how upset people would be if it malfunctioned. It'd probably cost millions of dollars to develop, and very expensive to own... but to think that how quickly the iPhone became last year's news, who knows.

Just thought I'd share. It amused me for a good bit. =)

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

wait, so my phone is my wrist watch and my blue tooth? and my lawn, and my maid? now you're talking mad.

also, how expensive would that thing be?? i'd imagine a good 2-3 thousand at least.  :-\

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 19, 2008, 08:02:50 PM
wait, so my phone is my wrist watch and my blue tooth? and my lawn, and my maid? now you're talking mad.

also, how expensive would that thing be?? i'd imagine a good 2-3 thousand at least.  :-\

Maybe... if a thousand or two is worth anything by then. =P

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Tsubasa

Amazing.  I know it's just conceptual at this point and who knows how long it'd take the develop it, but it's cool that they're working towards something like this.  It blows my mind.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

otakuapprentice

as cool as that concept is, nokia is just talking out of their ass on this.

yes, if the technology does advance significantly, it does seem possible; maybe not in the way it was demonstrated in the video, but some aspects may be achievable down the line. remember when they said we would have moving sidewalks in the future? that was good for a laugh.

but thats not saying it would be awesome if it can be done.

give it a couple of decades.......maybe a century, just to be safe.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 19, 2008, 08:31:52 PM

yes, if the technology does advance significantly, it does seem possible; maybe not in the way it was demonstrated in the video, but some aspects may be achievable down the line. remember when they said we would have moving sidewalks in the future? that was good for a laugh.

Look at the expectations we've set for ourselves in 2000-- hell, look at 1984 (lol). There have been ideas like flying cars, rotating highways, moving sidewalks... all of which proved to be very inconvenient, and incomparable to a futuristic phone. XD

There have been pretty significant advances in technology, but for something like this to become a common item... well, I wonder if most of us would even be alive.

FanimaidCafe.com

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 19, 2008, 08:44:24 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 19, 2008, 08:31:52 PM

Look at the expectations we've set for ourselves in 2000-- hell, look at 1984 (lol). There have been ideas like flying cars, rotating highways, moving sidewalks... all of which proved to be very inconvenient, and incomparable to a futuristic phone. XD

There have been pretty significant advances in technology, but for something like this to become a common item... well, I wonder if most of us would even be alive.
or if the world doesn't go boom before then.

the closest thing to a rotating highway actually exists on the east coast, in the form of a bridge that rotates at the center to let boats past, instead of splitting in the middle and raising upwards.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 19, 2008, 08:55:17 PM

the closest thing to a rotating highway actually exists on the east coast, in the form of a bridge that rotates at the center to let boats past, instead of splitting in the middle and raising upwards.

Haha, well, what I had referred to was the idea of normal highways rotating to other highways instead of having highways overlap each other like they do now. I'm sure you can imagine how impractical that would be in this day and age. Same with flying cars, how you'd have to organize a completely different traffic system just to manage all the vehicles, etc etc.

Oh well. We got to the moon. What's next?

FanimaidCafe.com

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 19, 2008, 09:02:19 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 19, 2008, 08:55:17 PM

Haha, well, what I had referred to was the idea of normal highways rotating to other highways instead of having highways overlap each other like they do now. I'm sure you can imagine how impractical that would be in this day and age. Same with flying cars, how you'd have to organize a completely different traffic system just to manage all the vehicles, etc etc.

Oh well. We got to the moon. What's next?
we go back.

JTchinoy

where'd my lazer shotgun like elmer fudd's go?
according to that cartoon i should've had one in 1999  >:(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TaikoMoon

Thats totally neat. But something like that I don't expect to see in my lifetime.
"Friendly fire isn't"
'08 cosplay(s) All still debatable:
Chibi Maya/tenjho tenge
Ibuki/Street Fighter