How to share the con

Started by Amon_Devilman, March 21, 2008, 01:21:39 AM

Amon_Devilman

Put lightly, for a few years now, I've been sharing the con with someone who hates me and I hate. Basically, every year is tinged with people avoiding each other or giving death glares for simply entering the dealer's room as someone else.

So, is it time to just confront and say drop it, or just keep the avoidance going?

JTchinoy

you should probably try to talk it out if they're mature enough to do so.

there is someone at fanime every year that i know wants to literally kill me.  he's very immature, however, so there's nothing i can do.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Amon_Devilman

Well, I'm screwed in that regard. Believe me, maturity, along with compassion and understanding, is as far from her as a koala from the Arctic.

JTchinoy

pay her no mind. you're there for you, not her.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

edendreams

I have to do that this year myself cept I'm on relativly good terms with the people I'm avoiding. It's a huge con and it's VERY VERY easy to miss people.

Last year i met this giant group of people i wanted to hang with last year and the next day I never found them! so don't sweat it

a little art by me ^-^

Jun-Watarase

Would he confront you if you guys passed by each other? I don't see a problem in avoiding said person, as the con is pretty huge. It's pretty easy to avoid people. If you have the self-control, you can just ignore him.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

For some reason it didn't work so well for me last year.  I ran into the guy 5-7 times throughout the con.  every time i got the "i want to kill you" glare.  at mcdonalds he even did the "bump shoulders on purpose" thing.  :-\

hopefully it'll be better this year.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

LastElixir

If they want to do something about it, they'll do something about it. Seeing that they are not doing anything about it, they are a bunch of pansies that are all talk, who cares? Brush that beef off and get on with your life.

j

~~Loktera~~

Just be the bigger person and try to initiate a dialogue that can only spark either a truce, or just a general understanding to reduce tensions.

It worked for me, even though I apoligized to the wrong person the first time... Which was awkward. Trust me, Con-Drama can suck the fun out of the weekend.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

JTchinoy

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on March 22, 2008, 10:47:17 AM

It worked for me, even though I apoligized to the wrong person the first time...
haha, nice. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Makou

It's been stated already, but going to talk to the person and straightening things might get your con experience on the norm again, but... it can also screw it up if they make a scene. From my experience, it isn't too hard to avoid someone in the con. Just hang out with friends and you're generally good to go, I believe. Out of curiosity, do you really want to get things back to normal, or do you just want to take the suck out of the con? Don't apologize if you're not sincere about it.

Jun-Watarase

While talking it out and compromising is advisable, sometimes there are those who are better off not being bothered. Not everyone actually agrees to confrontation, and in some cases, trying to talk to them will make things worse. Though, it's better to try to settle your problems. Try to compromise, only if there's a possibility that it'll help, otherwise, it's easier for you to just avoid the problem altogether.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JohnnyAR

I have a question for those who hates some1 who hates u back at Fanime, how did you meet them and how did you end up hating them? Or why do u think they hate you if you don't hate them? 

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: JohnnyAR on March 22, 2008, 08:23:56 PM
I have a question for those who hates some1 who hates u back at Fanime, how did you meet them and how did you end up hating them? Or why do u think they hate you if you don't hate them? 

Er... well, this would vary upon their own personal issues, don't you think?

FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 22, 2008, 09:16:30 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on March 22, 2008, 08:23:56 PM

Er... well, this would vary upon their own personal issues, don't you think?

Indeed.  Mine is my Ex's current Bf's bro hates me because I wanted her back and he's trying to "protect his family".  He also holds grudges and it's been 3 years and he still hates me.  There's effectively no hope for my situation unless he grows up (not counting on it anytime in the next decade)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Amon_Devilman

I've tried settling this in non-con times, since we attended until recently the same university (I graduated, she didn't ^_^).

I used to date her. And things got weird, she got in some trouble, I tried to help, she accused me of stalking her, she got screwed, kept blaming me as a stalker just because I was concerned.

Now, every year, I have to deal with death glare/threat from not just her, but her idiot boyfriend, her clique, and anyone she makes friends with during this year's con. Basically, a "you try to hurt our friend, we'll kill you" when I'm like "stay the hell away from me, and where I want to hang".

Life sucks for me at con for the last 4 years or so.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on March 23, 2008, 12:33:43 AM
I've tried settling this in non-con times, since we attended until recently the same university (I graduated, she didn't ^_^).

I used to date her. And things got weird, she got in some trouble, I tried to help, she accused me of stalking her, she got screwed, kept blaming me as a stalker just because I was concerned.

Now, every year, I have to deal with death glare/threat from not just her, but her idiot boyfriend, her clique, and anyone she makes friends with during this year's con. Basically, a "you try to hurt our friend, we'll kill you" when I'm like "stay the hell away from me, and where I want to hang".

Life sucks for me at con for the last 4 years or so.
tell them *fuck yo couch*

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Devereaux

Challenge her to a 3 out of 5 match in a fighting game of your choice or go all War of the Roses and map out your sections, her sections, and the neutral territory. (which would probably be the dealers room)

You could also get a group of people to like "death glare" them back and get into a huge "death glaring war" until someone passes out from "over glaring". The same thought process works for "threats" as well...
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Devereaux on March 23, 2008, 04:30:43 PM
Challenge her to a 3 out of 5 match in a fighting game of your choice or go all War of the Roses and map out your sections, her sections, and the neutral territory. (which would probably be the dealers room)

You could also get a group of people to like "death glare" them back and get into a huge "death glaring war" until someone passes out from "over glaring". The same though process works for "threats" as well...
you win so much for this, Dev.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

edendreams

Meh it's an ex that broke my heart. funny enough i realized recently he used to be on this forum o.O;; weird... but whatev this move on right?

a little art by me ^-^