How to share the con

Started by Amon_Devilman, March 21, 2008, 01:21:39 AM

Amon_Devilman

Please. No one actually has my back. And I think attending this con since 99 makes me part of the Fanime community.

Point is, I'll probably just go about my business, and just try to avoid problems.

JTchinoy

well attending a con and knowing that people at the con are TOTALLY different things. i can walk around the con and nobody will know who i am. or i can walk around and talk to and introduce myself to MANY people. the latter will make me a part of the community as i actually interact with the others and get to know them.

like i said, if you need any assistance feel free to find me. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

otakuapprentice

if they still have issues, then they cant let go. if they still act like a kid about it, then they really cant let it go.

just enjoy the con and ignore them; let them be all pissy as much as they want.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

XpHoBiaX

Walk around with me for a bit. Maybe then they'll give it up.  ;D
I has shoulder cannon.

satanic_mechanic

Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 31, 2008, 12:09:03 AM
if they still have issues, then they cant let go. if they still act like a kid about it, then they really cant let it go.

just enjoy the con and ignore them; let them be all pissy as much as they want.

yeah, seriously.  i know this guy that i dont get along with at all, we used to be friends, etc. hes goign ot be there, and i just plan on having fun with my actual friends.  the way i see it, the best thing to do is to just enjoy the hell out of fanime; have fun like its a competition. live it up. then think about how happy you are and you wont even care about their dumb silly self.

i personally think on how much of a good time i had this year, and the fun im planning on having this year, and the fact that he is just going ot be some faux-aloof douche-bag-loner who wont be having nearly as good a time. and i think that to myself, and cackle. in my head of course, otherwise i'd look like a madman.
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on March 31, 2008, 05:34:32 PM
Walk around with me for a bit. Maybe then they'll give it up.  ;D
I has shoulder cannon.

There's a scary mental image: a 7 foot tall hunter with mandibles walking around with a guy dressed as a blue hedgehog.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on March 31, 2008, 09:46:15 PM
There's a scary mental image: a 7 foot tall hunter with mandibles walking around with a guy dressed as a blue hedgehog.
now thats if Smash Bros. Brawl had taken a totally different direction.

Amon_Devilman

Well, I've decided that I'm just going to refund my money and not go to con this year (or probably any other year).
So, issue is resolved.

JTchinoy

wow dude.... just... wow...

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 05, 2008, 10:14:00 AM
Well, I've decided that I'm just going to refund my money and not go to con this year (or probably any other year).
So, issue is resolved.
WHAT?? You're just gonna run away like that to resolve it?  JUST HAVE FUN AT THE CON WITHOUT WORRING!!  If sh*t happens, you have to be man enough to tell them "f*** off" or "suck my d***".  Its just too sad for me to hear from people not attending fun cons just because they worry over sh*t like drama and scenery!  Just ask the brain age guy at fanime if you are worried about that!  Almost most of me and my friends went through that and it doesn't stop us!
STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Sunara Ishi

Amon_Devilman:
I think its best for you just to go your own way and lets things die.

Your situation sounds way too familiar. Except my friend is the female. She pretty much has dealt with it and moved on.
But the guy used to badmouth her a lot. And tell people off her and her friends. I experienced that first hand. But one of the people was and is still my friend so I eventually met the others. And believe me, they are not bad people like the guy tried to make them sound like.
You must understand that from the other side, things seem and are just as bad.

You can't let things like this affect your life. So what if you have to deal with people you've had problems with. Being around and dealing with an ex may be hard but you just can't let these things carry on after many years have past. Just do your own thing and if you run into said party, just ignore them. The drama will die down if you just leave it alone to do so. Even though you may be writing things to get advice or just to get stress out, remember that it can get back to the other party involved. Even if things have died down on the other end, such things can incite more drama.

Also, just know that friends of the other party are not always acting in behalf of said other party. They may just want things to work out and drama to die away. You may or may not be the same guy as the one I dealt with before. However if you are, I ask you to just leave her alone. She does her own thing and is happy.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Jun-Watarase

So, issue is resolved.

Man up. You're going for your own fun, and someone that doesn't agree with you shouldn't matter. How could you be so sure that they even care? Chances are, unless they made threats to directly approach you, you won't even have an issue. Is your life and well-being threatened by attending? If not, then there's not much to worry about. You're just being weak by going through the trouble of refunding your money and not attending because you want to hide from someone else that has the confidence to have fun without problem. The only reason you SHOULDN'T attend is because you honestly don't want to go.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 06, 2008, 04:01:35 PM
So, issue is resolved.

Man up. You're going for your own fun, and someone that doesn't agree with you shouldn't matter. How could you be so sure that they even care? Chances are, unless they made threats to directly approach you, you won't even have an issue. Is your life and well-being threatened by attending? If not, then there's not much to worry about. You're just being weak by going through the trouble of refunding your money and not attending because you want to hide from someone else that has the confidence to have fun without problem. The only reason you SHOULDN'T attend is because you honestly don't want to go.
I like this post alot! And agree!
To Amon Devilman: QUIT BEING SO WEAK!! AND KICK SOME @$$!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Joecool1

YOU'RE GONNA REFUND YOUR MONEY AND NOT GO!!??

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Where's your dick at?
GET ME SOME HOES AND BITCHES AT THE CONS!!

JTchinoy

Quote from: Joecool1 on April 06, 2008, 07:57:19 PM
YOU'RE GONNA REFUND YOUR MONEY AND NOT GO!!??

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Where's your dick at?
Another useful post sponsored by 4chan

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

XpHoBiaX

That is pretty lame, not going becuase a bunch of fucktards will be at the convention.
Sorry to tell you this, but that is life. Assholes are everywhere. Sink or Swim. You, my friend, have drowned.

There were people who were blindly offering you campanionship and friendship. That is quite a lot comming from people who are complete strangers.
I am sure you may have your reasons, and I hope they are true. Otherwise you will be one sad puppy when the con comes around and your stuck sitting at home.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on April 06, 2008, 08:38:15 PM
That is pretty lame, not going becuase a bunch of fucktards will be at the convention.
Sorry to tell you this, but that is life. Assholes are everywhere. Sink or Swim. You, my friend, have drowned.

QFT.

This sort of thing applies to life in general. If you can't even handle that, well... good luck. This is a con-- if you have fun going to it, then go. If you're going to let a couple of people you don't like scare you off, then what happens when you work with someone you don't like? Are you going to quit your job? For one thing, you're going for YOU-- not for them.

Who the hell cares that she can play victim? Do you even have to come in direct contact with her? Why are you even letting her determine where you should go, and whether or not you should have fun? You being weak and pathetic and deciding to run away, you're just letting her have things her way. Seriously, grow a spine.

But maybe you're right. Maybe you shouldn't go. If you're going to let something like this bother you so much while you're there, you're probably not going to have any fun at all. <--- Such applies to the rest of life. What're you going to do, then?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Amon_Devilman

Wow.... I just found out today that I'm not in the financial trouble I thought I was, and thus don't have to refund my money, and I see all this.

Probably should have been more specific about the why for my refund, but the power was dead in my place due to a bounced check, and laptop batteries are not fun for message board posting.

So yeah, looks like I'm still going.

Amon_Devilman

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on April 06, 2008, 02:50:17 PM
Amon_Devilman:

Your situation sounds way too familiar. Except my friend is the female. She pretty much has dealt with it and moved on.
But the guy used to badmouth her a lot. And tell people off her and her friends. I experienced that first hand. But one of the people was and is still my friend so I eventually met the others. And believe me, they are not bad people like the guy tried to make them sound like.

You can't let things like this affect your life. So what if you have to deal with people you've had problems with. Being around and dealing with an ex may be hard but you just can't let these things carry on after many years have past. Just do your own thing and if you run into said party, just ignore them. The drama will die down if you just leave it alone to do so. Even though you may be writing things to get advice or just to get stress out, remember that it can get back to the other party involved. Even if things have died down on the other end, such things can incite more drama.

Also, just know that friends of the other party are not always acting in behalf of said other party. They may just want things to work out and drama to die away. You may or may not be the same guy as the one I dealt with before. However if you are, I ask you to just leave her alone. She does her own thing and is happy.

If I am the guy you're talking about, believe me, all I used to do is leave the room when she showed up. By the by, does the guy you're thinking of have black hair and glasses?

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 06, 2008, 10:29:55 PM
Wow.... I just found out today that I'm not in the financial trouble I thought I was, and thus don't have to refund my money, and I see all this.

Probably should have been more specific about the why for my refund, but the power was dead in my place due to a bounced check, and laptop batteries are not fun for message board posting.

So yeah, looks like I'm still going.
well, at least the reason isn't because you're going to let one person be all mad and pissy at you.

Quote from: Amon_Devilman on April 06, 2008, 10:32:41 PM
Quote from: Sunara Ishi on April 06, 2008, 02:50:17 PM
Amon_Devilman:

If I am the guy you're talking about, believe me, all I used to do is leave the room when she showed up. By the by, does the guy you're thinking of have black hair and glasses?
OR, and this is just me thinking it this way, this is one scenario: you are in the dealers room, and so is she, when she notices you're there too; instead of just leaving the room when she shows up, let her be all mad if she wants to and enjoy it.

yea, this has probably been posted a gajillion time now, but its the truth;  you've already left it in the past, but if she cant get over what happened in the past, then it shouldn't affect you. just enjoy the con.