making use of room

Started by mousou_machine, March 25, 2008, 12:52:42 AM

mousou_machine

well like last year there was a whole lot of empty space in the rooms (video gaming room was just ridiculous, stalls were semi ridiculous, and art alley was fine i guess) in my opiniong it makes the place look depressing, i think if we optimize space and make the place look more full, people will have an overall more enjoyable experience. and the gaming room needs a huge change... (tables are far from the entrance, arcade is all the way on the other side of the room, there's a space in the center for NOTHING, maybe a mock sword fight or martial arts tourney or something by trained people who have signed waivers...)

Moonblossom

Personally I like having extra space at cons. It's a lot less claustrophobic and gives people comfortable room to move around and breathe.

I also know that the empty space at the end of the gaming room was used for several gatherings.

Kyokun

Quote from: Moonblossom on March 25, 2008, 06:40:11 AM
Personally I like having extra space at cons. It's a lot less claustrophobic and gives people comfortable room to move around and breathe.
This is very important, as some people will never understand the necessity of a bath, shower, and deodorant.

~~Loktera~~

I agree with Moonblossom. The extra space gives people a chance to get away from the larger throngs of people and get a chance to fix their cosplays (Like when the Spurs on my Ocelot cosplay gave me huge freeking blisters on my heel), chat for a while away from the louder crowds, or even just room for photo-ops, gatherings, etc etc.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Moonblossom

Quote from: Kyokun on March 25, 2008, 11:22:47 AM
This is very important, as some people will never understand the necessity of a bath, shower, and deodorant.
I was trying to be diplomatic, but omg yes. Nothing like being crammed like sardines in a room full of the Mighty Unwashed Masses...  >:(

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Moonblossom on March 25, 2008, 12:30:11 PM
Quote from: Kyokun on March 25, 2008, 11:22:47 AM
I was trying to be diplomatic, but omg yes. Nothing like being crammed like sardines in a room full of the Mighty Unwashed Masses...  >:(

UNCLEAN!!!

UNCLEEEEAAANNNNN!!!

Anyways, I've decided there is no kind way to tell someone they need to shower, so why not avoid this situation altogether by putting about 15 feet between everyone? I like it. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015