Gundam Universe 2008 Gathering

Started by KyraEnsui, March 25, 2008, 06:50:29 PM

KyraEnsui

This will be my 1st time organizing this gathering, but I thought it would be a good idea if ALL Gundam universe were to gather all at once for Fanime! This is for all Gundam series (ranging from the 1st Gundam to Gundam 00) to join as one. All Gundam characters (from pilots to engineers, even Haro and Mobile Suits) are very welcome to join! Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: Sunday, May 25th
Time: 10:30am

Who's confirm to join as of March 31st:
RyuHayabusa - Domon Kasshu from G Gundam
Milai Sapphire - Setsuna F. Seiei from Gundam 00
Mirai Noah - Murrue Ramius from Gundam SEED
KyraEnsui (me) - Lockon Statros from Gundam 00
Sachiko (my friend) - Tieria Erde from Gundam 00
Robbie (my friend) - Allelujah/Hallelujah from Gundam 00
maridah - Sayla Mass from Gundam (or Sumeragi Li Noreiga from Gundam 00)
doragon - Lacus Clyne from Gundam SEED (?)

Possible joining:
Mister_E - bringing Zeon Flag
Evangelion Xgouki - Zeon uniform from the 603 Engineering Squad from MS Igloo

For those who are cosplaying as Gundam 00, there will be a small photoshoot happening on the same day: (1) Poses from Gundam 00 2nd ED Sequence  and/or (2) One of the comic strips: STUPIDSEXYSTRIP: a gundam b00bies fancomic

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: KyraEnsui on March 25, 2008, 06:50:29 PM
This will be my 1st time organizing this gathering, but I thought it would be a good idea if ALL Gundam universe  were to gather all at once for Fanime! What do you guys think? Any good suggestions for place and time? I was thinking Friday or Saturday in the morning/afternoon in front of the convention center, but if possible, I would like to steer away from it if there is a good place to gather. Like somewhere that has more greenery?

If I can, I might I bring back from retirement my Domon Kasshu(G Gundam) cosplay. so count me in for now, imouto-chan :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Ju-tan

I'll be cosplaying Allelujah Haptism someday this Fanime.
Friday would be ideal for me ^^; but then I have school, soo.. :$
Cosplay List:
Marufuji Ryo (Zane Truesdale)- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (10%)
Suzumiya Haruhi- Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu(95%)
Sync-ToA(5%)
Simca 1st ver- Air Gear (10%)
-Considering-
Kaiba Seto Battle City ver.
-or-
Tenjyoin Fubuki (Atticus Rhodes) Academy ver.

Mister_E

I'm bringing my Zeon flag, and a user here said that if she has enough time one of her outfit will be Fem-Char.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Milai Sapphire

Followed this thread from cosplay.com, I'll be bringing my Setsuna to Fanime. :3 Can't do Friday since I'll be arriving Friday morning and then have to get ready for a 3:30 photoshoot with my group. Maybe if it's early Saturday morning I'd be able to do it (although that's Masq. day, and a busy crazy day ><;). If not, I'll probably wear it around on Sunday morning then~

Allelujah <3 I want pics with~ It'd be nice to get a whole G00 group to take pics with/do photoshoot with...*dreams*

KyraEnsui

X3!! Gundam 00 love! I'll be Tieria for Fanime. My friends are cosplaying as Setsuna and Alleluljah too. Just need a Lockon in our group. Awesome Ryu, bring back the classics! I also have an outfit for Lacus Clyne, but I choose Tieria for this year.

From what I can read here, what do you guys think of Saturday at 11:30am? When I looked at the Gathering info, Sunday will be overcrowded so I don't want it to overshadow our group.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: KyraEnsui on March 26, 2008, 01:03:16 PM
X3!! Gundam 00 love! I'll be Tieria for Fanime. My friends are cosplaying as Setsuna and Alleluljah too. Just need a Lockon in our group. Awesome Ryu, bring back the classics! I also have an outfit for Lacus Clyne, but I choose Tieria for this year.

From what I can read here, what do you guys think of Saturday at 11:30am? When I looked at the Gathering info, Sunday will be overcrowded so I don't want it to overshadow our group.

I'm spreading the word on the cosplay.com forums as well, imouto-chan. and yeah, saturday morning works well for me cause like around 1 i have a photoshoot with my rozen maiden cosplay group. And yeah, the classics are always great lol :3

KyraEnsui

The morning is not as busy as in the afternoon to evening and plus, there's event going on so I'm sure everyone are preparing for it. =D Thank you for spreading the word, Ryu-nii. I hope it goes well. I hope more people will join us~!

Evangelion Xgouki

I'm trying to work on a Zeon uniform from the 603 Engineering Squad (MS Igloo).  Been busy lately and I still have one or 2 others I also want to get done by Fanime @.@.  The engineers need some love  :'(

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Evangelion Xgouki on March 26, 2008, 03:50:05 PM
I'm trying to work on a Zeon uniform from the 603 Engineering Squad (MS Igloo).  Been busy lately and I still have one or 2 others I also want to get done by Fanime @.@.  The engineers need some love  :'(

<3~! Much love for engineers! Without them, there's no mobile suits. =D Hope you can get it done in time~!

Milai Sapphire

Yay~ Tieria <3 Haha, funny, I saw a Lockon with a Louise and Wang Liu Mei at ALA. Took a pic, but didn't come out too good. ;___; Think they were planning on being at AX in those outfits again, but no Fanime for them~

Hmm, feel like I know your username from LJ...did you make a post like this on gundam00 community on LJ?? Or am I imagining things?? .___.;;; Felt like I responded to something simliar before. XD;

11:30 AM on Sat. doesn't sound bad right now to me. :3 I'll try to be there, we'll see as other things get finalized. ^^ I'll just probably wear it before the gathering for a while if I'm up XD;

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Milai Sapphire on March 26, 2008, 10:18:38 PM

Yay~ Tieria <3 Haha, funny, I saw a Lockon with a Louise and Wang Liu Mei at ALA. Took a pic, but didn't come out too good. ;___; Think they were planning on being at AX in those outfits again, but no Fanime for them~

Hmm, feel like I know your username from LJ...did you make a post like this on gundam00 community on LJ?? Or am I imagining things?? .___.;;; Felt like I responded to something simliar before. XD;

11:30 AM on Sat. doesn't sound bad right now to me. :3 I'll try to be there, we'll see as other things get finalized. ^^ I'll just probably wear it before the gathering for a while if I'm up XD;

XD Yes. I use the same SN as always. I do LJ too. So nope, you're not imagining things. I see. XD Okay. Saturday morning sounds good to you too.

Mirai Noah

Came over from Cosplay.com~

I'll be going as Murrue Ramius from Gundam SEED for most of Fanime, so count me in! :D I look forward to see all your guys' costumes!

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Mirai Noah on March 27, 2008, 09:46:24 PM

I'll be going as Murrue Ramius from Gundam SEED for most of Fanime, so count me in! :D I look forward to see all your guys' costumes!
Yay! welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay here :3 and the more merries, i always say. :3

Ok, I guess that means I will have to bring Domon out of retirement lol. Time to go work on my cosplay XD

Mirai Noah

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on March 27, 2008, 10:59:56 PM
Quote from: Mirai Noah on March 27, 2008, 09:46:24 PM

Yay! welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay here :3 and the more merries, i always say. :3

Ok, I guess that means I will have to bring Domon out of retirement lol. Time to go work on my cosplay XD

Yes, you must bring Domon! :D

Peweskimooxy

I've been looking for Gundam threads but none come up, but I'm gonna try and go as a Federation test pilot (think Kou). I think it'd be good to ask, I need a symbol for where I'd be stationed. The characters in 0083 have a boxing kangaroo (in australia, makes sense). What would be a good one for me? Maybe California based? Maybe a boxing bear? :P

doragon

Daaaamn, Saturday. Our Saturday is filled with Bleach and Masquarde.. we're having GundamSeed Destiny costumes but we plan to wear them on Sunday ~ xD
Stuff!

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Peweskimooxy on March 28, 2008, 06:22:20 PM
I've been looking for Gundam threads but none come up, but I'm gonna try and go as a Federation test pilot (think Kou). I think it'd be good to ask, I need a symbol for where I'd be stationed. The characters in 0083 have a boxing kangaroo (in australia, makes sense). What would be a good one for me? Maybe California based? Maybe a boxing bear? :P

it is earth federation so i guess if an army platoon existed, it would be the california grizzly as their symbol. That's my imo though. welcome aboard though. we need moar feddy personnel lol

@doragon: can't you change real quick? which character are you cosplaying from Seed?

Peweskimooxy

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on March 28, 2008, 10:33:14 PM

it is earth federation so i guess if an army platoon existed, it would be the california grizzly as their symbol. That's my imo though. welcome aboard though. we need moar feddy personnel lol
Yeah, Federation, and there was a Zeon base in California during the One Year War, so most likely the Federation used it after it was deserted. And yeah, a grizzly is probably the best bet. Maybe a grizzly with a V-fin on it's head?

Mister_E

Quote from: Peweskimooxy on March 29, 2008, 12:13:16 AM
Quote from: RyuHayabusa on March 28, 2008, 10:33:14 PM

Yeah, Federation, and there was a Zeon base in California during the One Year War, so most likely the Federation used it after it was deserted. And yeah, a grizzly is probably the best bet. Maybe a grizzly with a V-fin on it's head?
HELLZ YEAH THERE'S A ZEON BASE HERE! I CALL FIRST DIBS ON THE ZAKU II'S AND/OR GELGOOGS!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%