Registration Issue

Started by AceDexter_Tori, March 27, 2008, 09:46:25 PM

AceDexter_Tori

My mom told me we would attend this years Fanime-Con, and she's taking me and my aunt who are both under 18. My mom is 30 so she's of course buying for the 3 of us. My mom told me that she was going to buy the tickets, but she had to buy one at a time. We're both confused. From what my mom told me, she has to put a nickname on the badge. (Or is it just optional?) The registration says she has to put the correct age for liability issues. But the badges are one at a time and there going to be under her name.

Her question was that if she puts her name on all the badges, but still put my aunts and my own names down as nicknames, does that mean she can only have the ages on our badge her age? (Will the nicknames be on the badge if you put them there?)
I mean, if it's for liability issues then she doesn't want to get in trouble for putting '30' on our badges when I'm going to be 13 the first day of the con, and my aunts 16. Also there's no refunds so she wants to make sure she gets this right before paying.

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing, I wasn't with my mom when she was trying to register and barely understood her over the phone. Can someone please help before the Pre-Registration date ends? It'd be much appreciated. Thank you.

Edit
Searching a bit through the topics, I came across one about an ID. Will my aunt and I need to get one to prove it's us? Or is it just for my mom if she orders everything in her name?
"YOUR MOM!" "OBJECTION!!!" D:

SOawesomeness

Nickname (aka fan name) is optional. :3 But the badges should be under YOUR name. It's not group registration like it used to be, so it does have to be individually bought. Everything is yours, your mom shouldn't have her name anywhere on your badge. It's just like as if you are buying it for yourself. She puts in your age at the time of the con, your name, your everything.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

AceDexter_Tori

Even though she's buying them? Great to know so quickly! Thanks so much. But, that means I have to get an ID, right?  :-\
"YOUR MOM!" "OBJECTION!!!" D:

BrightHeart76

Yes, you'll need a state or federal ID.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.