Need to change name reservation is under?

Started by phoenixphire24, March 28, 2008, 07:42:15 AM

phoenixphire24

I posted this question on another thread, but didn't get an answer, so I'll try starting a thread. The person that reserved the hotel room for my friends and I has had a schedule change and will not be making it into San Jose until late on Friday. The rest of us will be arriving Friday afternoon. Should we contact housing or the hotel to have them change the name on the reservation to one of us, or will we still be able to check in since, I think, our names are listed as roommates? I just want to make sure that we'll be able to check into the room when we arrive rather than having to wait several hours for our friend to arrive. Thanks!

Moonblossom

From the hotel's perspective, I believe you need the credit card the booking lists, and the owner of said credit card, to check in. So your best bet would be to call housing and have them change the pertinent info, I think.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: Moonblossom on March 28, 2008, 07:55:43 AM
From the hotel's perspective, I believe you need the credit card the booking lists, and the owner of said credit card, to check in. So your best bet would be to call housing and have them change the pertinent info, I think.

Yes, that's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if the credit card info he provided was just to hold the room or if they were going to need that exact card to check-in.

Moonblossom

I've got two credit cards, and I had to show them the specific one I booked with to check in at the Hilton. I'm not sure what the policy for the other hotels is, but they need the one the booking was guaranteed on, to make sure you're not interlopers who are going to skip out on the bill and make someone who isn't even there cover the cost.