Caramelldansen (Speedycake Remix) NOT Gathering but now Event. *Update 5/18/08*

Started by Mister_E, March 29, 2008, 09:14:24 PM

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Mister_E

There has be an update here on Page one in the opening. Listed under *Minor Update*
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

ToshiX

"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Mister_E

ToshiX

I heard we might do this at the Bleach Gathering too ^ ^
but I'll be going to the gathering while also at the Naruto Gathering so
12:30 be better then 12
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Mister_E

I cover the Naruto Gathering. Someone else must be covering the Bleach Gathering.

Yeah 12:30 is the right time so that all the late comers have time to show up and we can take photos I want a BIG group shot before we begin then another after.

Mister_E

BrightHeart76

Hate to bring bad news.  But have you checked the official gatherings page recently?  This gathering was moved to 11:30 because there were too many gatherings going on at one time. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Mister_E

BrightHeart76

Contact BSaphire.  She is the queen of the gatherings schedules.  She's the one who made the call that the time had to be changed.  If you can convince her otherwise, fantastic.  As of right now it'll be on the official schedule as an 11:30 gathering.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Mister_E

Okay I asked her nicely to please put it back and explained that it's going to the shortest Gathering it at the con. I don't want anyone to miss out on this.

And if it stays in 11:30am it would completely throw off everything in a downward sprial!

BSaphire

Konnichiwa Caramelldansen peeps ^^)

Mister E was very nice and asked about the time change, but after further review of what is proposed this doesn't fall under the criteria for the Cosplay Gatherings List. I have included a copy of my reply to him so that everyone will understand that I am not shooting down the idea of doing this, but this is more of an "event" than what the gatherings list is for.

Arigato
BSaphire

QuoteIn order to answer your question I have been researching further about what you propose to do.

What you have is not really a "cosplayer gathering" but more of a live programming event. This would be better served in that area.

The cosplayer gathering list is for gatherings of people in costume of a particular group or genera such as anime, manga, gaming, Japanese music or Japanese fashion. These people work to get their cosplay costumes together and a gathering of like people for photos from the media and others. They also include other things at some gatherings like picnics, but the essential point is to "Pose" for group, individual, and random photos.

Please don't get me wrong, I am all for random fun which is why I have a cosplay group (AC DC Anime Corrupted Deviant Cosplayers), but as a Journalist/Photographer/Cosplayer/Costumer/Former Programming Director/Former Public Relations/Former anime con forum admin.... etc. I can not list your "event" as a "cosplayer gathering."

I do think you should do this because I think everyone will have fun doing it (I was at Sakura con and the peeps there had fun with the random dancing) thus why I suggested Stage Zero. Mr. Wendell would be the person I would suggest to contact about it. You could also do this as Random Hall cosplay (as long as you do not go against convention policy so check with the executives &/or upper staff) where you would access to the attendees you wish to participate. With 11,000+ attendees at Fanime last year I would think you would have no problem getting some people to join in ^^P

Another suggestion is to do this on Monday afternoon with the All Cosplayer Gathering that will start down by the Hilton. They plan on having the gathering then a parade through the convention.

If your wish is to do this with the Naruto gathering then it should be listed with them and relocated after the "Main" photoshoot. They often go to another location to do individual & random photos. To do it in the location that you are suggestion (Fountains) where it is open to everyone would complicate things for the other gatherings that are listed.

I am sorry, I would have explained all this sooner had I understood the true nature of what you were planning on, and I hope that you can get this to happen.

Sincerely
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Mister_E

Mister_E

luckyends

Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Mister_E

I still ahve your number and will call you when the time has come!

luckyends

Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

pockystix

Did you guys see this video? It's a ParaPara routine for Caramelldansen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHoL-hnjJWw
It'd be really cool if people started to learn it. :)
New sn = Meirin

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: pockystix on May 01, 2008, 03:15:14 AM
Did you guys see this video? It's a ParaPara routine for Caramelldansen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHoL-hnjJWw

Funny thing is, I know this person. That's YourMyHiro's GF lol. I didn't know she was a para para fan lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Mister_E

Quote from: pockystix on May 01, 2008, 03:15:14 AM
I tryed that a few times but my arms wouls end up all tied up, and besides if this what was going to be a the Con I bet there'd me some punches to the face.