XpHoBiaX's Costume WIP Thread

Started by XpHoBiaX, March 30, 2008, 12:10:17 AM

XpHoBiaX

I thought I would make a seperate thread about my current Work In Progress costume.

Nothing is for sale here.
Just me working on my costume, and what I have done so far.
I started back in january, and I am only 60% done. But I have everything I need and It's all down hill now.
I will list what I used and with each picture I will do my best to describe what I did. This is by no means a tutorial....

Okay, these are things I used in my construction, no particular order.

Packing tape
Craftfoam
Toilet paper rolls
Paper Towel rolls
Empty pringles cans
Mesh fabric
thick black fabric
pieces of toys
pieces of old makeup containers.
Acrylic paint
Latex paint
tacky glue
Fabritac
Velcro
Body suit
fishnet

Tools I used:

Dremmel 300 series <3
Mini glue gun
Punch tool
small sponge brush
polish cloth

Items bought:
Mysteria Bio Helm w/LED light hookup

Okay this is what the bio looks like with the visor part intacked. It's what you call a RAW mask and was in need of some cleanup.  You also need to drill out the visor and sand it down some. You have already seen these pictures. Sorry for the crappy takes. I use the web cam for instant uploads to The hunters Lair. Link~> http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?act=idx

Now in this pic you can see the visor has been drilled out. A wire mesh will be attached to the inside after the prime and painting. I also have an LED hook up for the tri laser.

Here is the Tri-laser section I spoke of. I will drill tiny holes to set the LEDs in.

Here is the LED kit and the wire mesh

You have to prime the mask with auto primer so you can paint it. Otherwise the paintjob will flake off. Primer needs to cure for about a whole day. Then you get flat black paint and spray that on. Let that set for like a day, and give it a second coat just in case. Time consuming ey? But oh so worth it. After that I will take a soft polishing cloth and rub some folkart metalic silver paint onto the helm. Keeping certain parts black for that worn look. I will then add the wire mesh and the LED setup for the tri laser.

I am not done with this yet.

Here is a guantlet I made.

I cut off the ends of an empty pringles can. Then I sliced it down the side. You want to make sure it's a straightline, or it will make everything disproportionate. I taped the top part to form a cone-esque shape to fit my left arm. Then diagonal cut the sides and made it look more like sci-fi armor. I have no WIP pics of all the cutting and stuff. It was Flash work. (no pattern, stencil, whathave you)

I cut out triangle pieces of foam and glued them onto the guantlet, then cut up some toilet paper rolls to form the gun. I first painted it with latex paint, unsure of how I wanted the paint up to be. Real shiny and new looking? Or worn looking? I went with the worn look.

final finish

Here are some armor pics. Spualders and pauldrons.
The armor at the top goes on the shoulders, then ones below go on the upper arms.
These...

made into these

These will be attached to the body suit with velcro and superglue/fabritac.
I may only have oner spaulder, as I decided to make a shoulder cannon. Which is still very much in progress.

Here is the still in progress body suit.

And here is a mess with three things I am also currently working on. Yay.

What I still need to work on:
kilt/skirt to attach to suit.
shin guards
Back armor.
second guant w/blades and computer.
Bone necklace (In progress, will take pics)
Combi stick
Shuriken (if I have materials left)

Kazuko

phobia you freaking rock! I cant wait to see the final product put together

XpHoBiaX

Thanks! I am so excited!!!

I may even rig a voice changer thingy up to a nokia headset and like...make real predator sounds....IF I have the extra time/money. lol

JTchinoy

i'm sorry but i'm going to have to have your helmet inspected to make sure that your lasers aren't functional during fanime. ;) they're too realistic for me to feel comfortable.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

XpHoBiaX

Shut up yous. :D
Imma have your head inspected, it's too realistic for me to feel comfortable. XD
Then I will mount it on my trophy wall. lol

I knwo who to look for to scare the crap out of!!! Woot!

JTchinoy

*revokes badge for harrassment*

<3

looks like it's coming along well. pics of finished costume.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

XpHoBiaX

I *just* got pieces of the shoulder cannon started and partially painted. Got a lot more work to do. ;)

I also need primer and flat black paint. Then I will be all set with the mask making goodiness.

JTchinoy

are you going to make a mask for under the mask? ;) that would be BADASS... but impractical...

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

XpHoBiaX

Actually, a face mask does go under the bio. ;) But I can't afford to buy one or make one. Both are equally expensive.

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mister_E

Are you going to have the little digtal wrist time bomb?
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

XpHoBiaX

I am not that skilled in electronics to make it work, but yes I will have the counters on the wrist comp. It just will be you know, painted on.  Mind you this is a custom scratch build for a female predator. So it won't be exact. Most fem pred costumes aren't.

Also, later on i will try to do latex and resin armor, and maybe a full body suit. But that will be MUCH later on. I will also probably remake all my armour parts to work electronicaly and get a tri-laser pointer hooked up into my mask.

But that requires a lot of funds. Funds of which I don't have atm. Also, it woul dgive me enough time to actually DO the electrical stuff.

Mister_E

...well...at least explode at the end of the con, that would freakin' awesome!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

JTchinoy

no, predalien's going shish kabob her on its tail at the end of the con.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

XpHoBiaX

you're so mean! All yous! *shakefist* lol

JTchinoy

what? i'm just stating how it is.  ???

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

XpHoBiaX

bullcrap! lol You watch too many movies, read the comics man!
crap....here I go sounding like a geek again....

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

XpHoBiaX

LOL

Anyways, here is what I got done so far. The Shoulder cannon. Still very far from complete.
The tip is much different from the movie version, but I like it that way!

Oh, and I sawed up a Mace Windu lightsaber to start on my combistick. (hence the fancy tip on the canon.)

I also have a second guant in process, which is unrecognizable at this point. I wll do some more tomorrow after I go out and buy some needed materials.

JTchinoy

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on March 30, 2008, 11:10:10 PM

Oh, and I sawed up a Mace Windu lightsaber to start on my combistick. (hence the fancy tip on the canon.)

YOU BASTARD!!!

*walks away to /wrist*

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X