Concerning ID

Started by GS Dragono, March 30, 2008, 11:04:44 PM

GS Dragono

First off, I'm rather new to conventions. This is my first one in fact, so I'm going to admit right off that I have no idea what I'm doing.

I've browsed the Registration FAQs and the post about California ID, but due to bad planning and being told about Fanime yesterday, I'm not sure if I'm able to get a Cal ID. Do we just need ID's for the pre-registration, or without one, can I attend at all?

Just a tidbit is that I live in a rather rural area, so the DMV is almost always near empty, so I don't think an appointment would be nessicary.

Or is there a way that a parent or guardian of mine would be able to register me and get my badge with their ID?

Kazuko

if the badge is under your name, then you need ID. You pretty much need ID to pick up your badge and go to the hentai or yaoi rooms/events. You probally could have a parent or guardian get the badge for you. Its best to email the people incharge or registration about it.

an ID normally takes up to two weeks three max so it dosent take that long. you might as well get one now

SOawesomeness

Passports are also fine. You can just pick it up with your passport and if you're scared that you'll lose it, then just give it to your parents after you pick up your pre-reg'd I.D. You cannot use your parent's I.D. What you put when registering has to be YOUR own personal information for your badge.

As in a previous topic, if you are/were under 13, it would be okay for your parents to vouch for you. If you're not, you'll have to get your own I.D. or perhaps arrange something by e-mailing Fanime's registration.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook