How many of your parents....

Started by shy-cosplayer, April 03, 2008, 05:20:41 PM

Shi_Musouka

I believe my last final is around a Tuesday, so I'll be free for Friday.

cappeh

in college lol

but i have finals that day ;__________; possibly 'til 5pm
hi i lav u

FanFicGuru

I'm also in college...it depends on what's going on in my classes that day. *sigh*

Hopefully nothing major.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

IshokuOsero

I graduated from high school years ago and am currently not in college.
I'm too busy saving up for my own place / vacations like this.
And I've already talked with my general manager about the days off, so everything's settled here.
Besides that, I live halfway across the country anyways. My parents would never have allowed this if they still had any control over me at all. o:

luckyends

my school takes a feild trip to it
qnd also we are in general discusion arnt we?
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

KindaRandomKris

My last final is on the Tuesday before, and even if it weren't finals season for SJSU before Fanime, I don't have Friday classes.
Two years ago, when I was still in high school, my mom probably would have let me skip classes; I just would have been on my own for a ride.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

rctan9

My last final is on day 1, but it's in the morning so I'm half ok, although i may miss the grand opening of the dealers room, no0o0o0o0oooo0o0o0o!!!

But my parents let my sister "get sick" for day 1, this will be like the third time they've let her. When I was in high school, I wrote my own sick notes lol.

flishy

school gets out at 1:25 ~
then walk to convention center B)

TaikoMoon

Quote from: redroses3164 on April 03, 2008, 09:51:36 PM
My parents are the typical Asian parents. They will make me go to school even if I was really sick. I gotta be nearly DYING to be absent from school.

I'll be leaving right after school though so that's good.
Here here

than again I finish finals a week before the con. However, I have to work up until the 22nd. My parents would never let me leave early for anything. School was the most important thing in the world. I'd have to be dead in my bed before I could miss school.
"Friendly fire isn't"
'08 cosplay(s) All still debatable:
Chibi Maya/tenjho tenge
Ibuki/Street Fighter

KyraEnsui

Taking courses in the summer so it's no hinder of going on Thursday. Just told to take times off from work so it's a green. My parents don't care as long I called them to be check on.

HuggalotXOmocha

ahh. Usually I ask for work ahead and turn them in the day before so I could be absent. But I think this year, there isn't going to be school on friday. >3<

maeiounj39

Nope. I can't miss school for day one. I may miss something important because right after fanime is finals. But on the other hand I think if you make an amv you get in for free.

Sora

My folks don't approve of what I do at times (such as cons and cosplay, etc.), so I don't really care about what they say. I may be skipping one day of class (since friday is finals), but it's not that bad. Good thing I don't have a final on friday. :D
"Don't give me any orders."

Shinigami

As many others have said, my school finishes right before Fanime (ARC, bitches!)

Knightfire

Back in 04 my mom let me go to day one, which happened to be senior skip day at Lincoln :D
Starting work for Fanime 2011

cappeh

Quote from: Knightfire on April 26, 2008, 12:27:04 AM
Back in 04 my mom let me go to day one, which happened to be senior skip day at Lincoln :D
you went to lincoln? :V
i graduated in 06 from there
hi i lav u

Knightfire

Quote from: cappeh on April 26, 2008, 06:11:29 PM
Quote from: Knightfire on April 26, 2008, 12:27:04 AM
you went to lincoln? :V
i graduated in 06 from there

Sure did. I'm class of 2004
Starting work for Fanime 2011

neopootling

back in high school, our whole anime club gathered at school in the morning, then before first period started we were outta there caravan style lol.  took us just under an hour to get to the westin.  (fanime 01).

;D

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well I get out at 12:40 PM (I go to continuation school, w00t for being a failure!), but I'm still skipping school.
Im also skipping school on Tuesday because well...

I arrive Friday morning at Fanime
I Leave Saturday Night/Sunday Morning to sleep at home
6 hours of sleep.
I return to Fanime at Noon on Sunday
I leave Monday at closing time
Sleep for 10-16 hours

I'll probably be drink energy drinks just to stay awake.

My god am I going to Fill Horrible...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kumar

Luckily, I don't go to high school, so I pretty much go when I wake up.