PC-Gaming..will not happen this year!

Started by asuka245, April 04, 2008, 11:11:15 AM

TehGrandPa

Quote from: Umi.Ryuuzaki on May 29, 2008, 01:43:11 PM
Quote from: MPLe on May 29, 2008, 11:25:37 AM
Quote from: TehGrandPa on May 28, 2008, 05:33:31 PMthat's very interesting to know about the console gaming. i ididn't really think much of the management of the consoles.

but as for the computer gaming. the thought of a loan would be absolutely ridiculous. not to mention how much you would have to pay to get a public license for every game that you purchase for the pc's. the way i was thinking was that we could get those that do have pc's gathered in a designated area to have them play games that other people might have. so basically just this LAN environment of which con won't have to get computers. it would only designate it to those who do have one or a laptop.

and just by thinking about it this way. hmmm.... it might not be much of a fanime if there is LAN gaming. it would just separate the pc gaming nerds with people devoted to fanime. i might have to re-think this

I have seen in the previous years, people with laptops that would hook them up or connect to an online server and play that way. Having a table for laptops would be a great idea though, but I have no idea what would be involved (legally or in terms of convention rules, etc.).

I wouldn't be worried about the licenses, because there are some games that allow you to enter in a 'dummy' CD Key that doesn't let you play online, but enables LAN play. But yes, having people loan us their thousand dollar computers wouldn't be a good idea. :P

Do realize, at least from the time I was a staffer myself, from 2002-2007, a good number of the staffers did loan our their personal gaming PC's for use at the 'Con and over the years, we slowly perfected the process. We understood what could happened and at the end, we got lucky (too lucky personally). We also did not hook up any PC, with the exception of a laptop for drivers/patches/emergencies, to the internet, as that can pose a security risk to the systems at the time and we wanted to keep it to a LAN game setup so people can play with/against each other with almost no lag.

I am under consideration to come back to E-Gaming staff to help rebuild a PC section, if my time allows it. I'm not laying any promises down, but its in my thoughts. I'll leave it at that and add more in a future post if need be.

Ya I'd like to see how that will work as well. :)
~TehGrandPa

Silent One

On a thread of mine, many were also thinking of bringing our pc's there. Even better, we can have a byoc lan party!!! It would be seriously nice. A great change too since I haven't seen that yet. By the way, I only went to fanime for two years, but I still need to see this!!! XD

P.S. CS 1.6 FTW in the BYOC LAN party if it happens!!! XD

asuka245

well we will have alot of fun games for next year's pc gaming..be nice to have blizzard games there like starcraft 2 and diablo 3 would be great and have the common fps games to..TF2,unreal 2007,Tribes 2,counter strike,serous sam,etc

IN the works but we will see what happens and is plan when it hit's 09!
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09