Fanime Gathering Dinner (+21 only)

Started by Chace, April 04, 2008, 10:55:38 PM

Chace

This will be set during Fanime 2008. Looking to set up a fun night on the town. A possible gathering for anyone looking to meet other fanime enthusiasts. Please let me know if anyone is interested. Groups welcome. Please respond with ideas. Only for people willing to get to know others.

Japanvideogames

sounds fun sadly I dont know the area at all so id just follow those familar with the area

XpHoBiaX

Wasn't there one last year? I am not quite sure but I heard there was, but missed it becuase I didn't know anyone. I'd like to go as well, but the same as Japanvideogames...I don't know the area to suggest anything. :/

otakuapprentice

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on April 07, 2008, 10:09:53 PM
Wasn't there one last year? I am not quite sure but I heard there was, but missed it becuase I didn't know anyone. I'd like to go as well, but the same as Japanvideogames...I don't know the area to suggest anything. :/

there was, but it wasn't as restricted as this one is.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Chace

Try and get as many to attend as possible. I think it would be a lot of fun and so Ill start looking into a place that is local. I'm no currently living in San Jose but will do my best to find a top notch place. So now I know people are interested, is there any preference at this time?

Jerry

the reason why it seem restrictive is because of your age cap.

ironically a portion of the fan base/gathering types here might not be over 21 so missing out meeting new some people who may have a mixed group friends of all ages.

to clarify - are you looking for drinking / party buddies? or just general hanging out with mature people who could afford to eat at a nice place in down town san jose?
ironically not everyone is into drinking either - so the thought of drinking with random ppl might be giving the wrong impression.

i think the more you clarify on what your looking for in this 21+ dinner gathering the better you might get responses.

just my 2 cents.  :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Chace

As I remember over the past anime gatherings that anytime a group get together was set up...
1. Many kids would show then cause problems by being rowdy and get us thrown out of the restaurant
2. Bail on the bill and cause others in the group to pay
3. People who couldn't afford to eat began begging for money while trying to cut into conversations

I figured a more reasonable standard such as setting an age cap would be best
If this would be a problem with those actually interested in joining us in this group who are younger then please voice your opinions
I do not run a fascist system, just a logical one. I will drop the age cap if people who truly are interested want to join us.

Jerry

you definately bring up valid points, which clarify anyone else who may have had questions (myself included)...

ironically theres always going to be someone short on the tab (whether its a buch of perfect strangers or a old friend from elementary school).

we've had ppl bail before, so again its the semi risk anyone takes in a social gathering. its like inviting ppl to a pot luck and no one brings food.

realisitically (even i admit myself) that there will always be a freeloader. its sorta human nature. I tend to wait until ppl are full and then i take table scraps because i hate wasting food. :p

anyway i guess as far as ideas. the place ive know that pretty decent is Original Joe's nice setting and really close walk from the convention center.

i think you may also want to set a hard date because otherwise i think everyone else may have already made plans.

good luck with this gathering and i hope you guys have fun.

Chace

Thank you and I do appreciate your points. You pointed out some things that I didn't conjure up. I will look into Original Joe's and some others (walking distance would be best) but need to have a general number of people to solidify the place and date. Thanks again

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

You'll drop the age? I'm 17, relativly reserved and I love meeting people. I don't do the rowdy, loud scene at all and I don't go to stores or resturants unless I have a sufficient amount of money ( I don't do the insufficient scene either.) I'd perfer to stay within walking distance because I'm coming with a group and we're staying for a while then leaving the con (we're coming back the next day), too. I'd love to meet up and I hope my age isn't an issue...  PM me more details? I hope things work out! n_n

mrsanticafe

I am 22 years-old and I am interested.

lacus

I'm 21+ and I am interested  8)
I probably cannot do it on Saturday and Sunday though..

and I have karaoke contest + swap meet on friday... ???

anomaly

"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps

Taka86

I actually know the area a bit even though I live in Sacramento(elk grove to be exact)
I might be interested......just maybe......
I like pie

Chewie

My group number is going to flatten out at around a dozen give or take. I am sure we'd all be interested. All but one of us are 21 or older but unless we're going drinking (which WILL be happening in out hotel room a-plenty, invites are tentative but cute girls with ID are always welcome. haha) the age limit is not entirely necessary.

I've met my fair share of idiots/freeloaders/losers/kids who are over 21.

I am sure we could work something out to where those who want to go can, and so we'll all have a good time.

As far as Joe's goes, are they open again? Last year they were being renovated. There is also PF Chang's, Johnny Rocket's plus a plethora of other places all within walking distance.

And if worse comes to worse, I will hijack those of you who do want to go (but don't meet the age limit) and we can go somewhere else where everyone is welcome. =P

Killing Stars

I'm 22, and down for meeting new people.

Definitely keep it 21+, it just makes things easier.

otakuapprentice

so is this still greenlight, and where is it gonna be at?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Jerry

Quote from: otakuapprentice on May 13, 2008, 04:12:36 PM
so is this still greenlight, and where is it gonna be at?

Just dont forget to Bring a Bottle Tequila Rose Otaku and I think you'll be fine.  :)

kgHapa

Hm this sounds pretty fun, Id be down if Im invited to go ;D It's my first con so Im looking forward to meeting new people :D

Chace

Well, lets just go with open age and start hunting for a place now. Any Ideas? Plus im looking for a room to stay in. Not picky, just let me know. More then willing to pay my share.