Fanime Gathering Dinner (+21 only)

Started by Chace, April 04, 2008, 10:55:38 PM

sweetchorizo

Quote from: Jerry on May 15, 2008, 08:35:57 AM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on May 13, 2008, 04:12:36 PM
so is this still greenlight, and where is it gonna be at?

Just dont forget to Bring a Bottle Tequila Rose Otaku and I think you'll be fine.  :)

Damn I've been spotted :o

Kimbo.K

Quote from: Chace on April 08, 2008, 09:51:55 AM
As I remember over the past anime gatherings that anytime a group get together was set up...
1. Many kids would show then cause problems by being rowdy and get us thrown out of the restaurant
2. Bail on the bill and cause others in the group to pay
3. People who couldn't afford to eat began begging for money while trying to cut into conversations

Amen! BROTHA IN THE STRUGGLE!

Ayanami Rei First Child

I think the point of making it 21+ was that it increases the chances of people having enough money pay for their meals...and have enough decency to NOT make enough ruckus to get us all thrown out.

As it was said before, they've had problems with beggers, people splitting on the bill, AND rowdyness that gets EVERYONE thrown out.

shinjiboy

If I were to go to this dinner, I would also prefer that it be 21+

That does not mean that all of us over 21 would drink, just that if one of us were in the mood to have a few drinks, we could.  Legally.  But aside from the whole alcohol issue, I would rather not spend an evening w/ HS students.  Thanks.

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

Quote from: Steve.Young on January 29, 2009, 08:56:16 AM
Teen drama ftw. Just saying.  :P

I agree life is WAY to freaking boring.  ;D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Wow. I'm shocked at how people are catagorizing teens based upon age...

I'm 17 going on 18 and I in no way shape or form act the way some of you guys are implying teens (specificlly HSers) act. I am very mature and never come to an event without the proper amount of money. Also, I'm not the kind of person who gets on rowdy, I'm extremely civil and very considerate, and I handle and present myself accordingly.

I believe this is a case of AGEISM!! You big meanys! :'( :-[ :P

Jerry

no offensive but im sure that a LARGE number of minors (HS'ers or not) including full grown adults (whatever that means) have and will have a tendancy to goof off, screw the bill or just down right get them selfs kicks out of a "nice" eating establishment.

Hell, I barely act my age, and what im almost like 90. :P [give or take have many lives ive squnadered]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Jerry on January 29, 2009, 10:31:26 AM
no offensive but im sure that a LARGE number of minors (HS'ers or not) including full grown adults (whatever that means) have and will have a tendancy to goof off, screw the bill or just down right get them selfs kicks out of a "nice" eating establishment.

Hell, I barely act my age, and what im almost like 90. :P [give or take have many lives ive squnadered]

I second this.

Now, I could understand if you wanted to make it age 21+ for drinking purposes, but to claim that minors are primarily the source of such... My goodness! I'm almost... Offended. D:< ( :P )

fanime_lo-ve

(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

DomoKun

Did you guys decide on a meeting spot?

shinjiboy

Possible idea.  Thursday dinner (day zero)...something to do other than pick up pre-reg badge and swap meet.  Toast off to a kick ass fanime 2009? 

(I know a lot of restaurants close, particularly on Sunday...[I'm thinking Japantown])
A lot of people drive/fly Monday morning so that's out of the question. 

My question, what kind of dinners are people imagining?  Formal/informal? Proper dinner or just really good food?  Of course, we're always leaning towards the less expensive meal, should we cap it at $20?  Ambiance should be somewhere we can talk and introduce ourselves (dur).

I'm a student at SJSU, but I mainly know fast food eat outs.  Anyone with a better idea of SJ nightlife, feel free to steer us way. 

otakuapprentice

Quote from: shinjiboy on January 30, 2009, 08:52:40 PM
Possible idea.  Thursday dinner (day zero)...something to do other than pick up pre-reg badge and swap meet.  Toast off to a kick ass fanime 2009? 

(I know a lot of restaurants close, particularly on Sunday...[I'm thinking Japantown])
A lot of people drive/fly Monday morning so that's out of the question. 

My question, what kind of dinners are people imagining?  Formal/informal? Proper dinner or just really good food?  Of course, we're always leaning towards the less expensive meal, should we cap it at $20?  Ambiance should be somewhere we can talk and introduce ourselves (dur).

I'm a student at SJSU, but I mainly know fast food eat outs.  Anyone with a better idea of SJ nightlife, feel free to steer us way. 

I have experience with this, so I'll drop my little nuggets of knowledge:

*If its going to be somewhat formal, keep it as close to the con center as possible; any ladies that are coming along don't like walking a lot, especially when they are wearing heels.

*It is good for each person to generally bring $20 for their share of the bill, since that will probably also cover part of the tip.

*Proper dinner is cool and all, but really good food is also a plus.

*All that crap about talking and junk happens when everyone meets up and on the walk/trip to the eatery.

*If this is to work, you will avoid any and all fast food places near the con center(with the exception of Pizza My Heart)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Dorimon

I'm in as long as it's organized well. Can the lead mail me for details later please when it's finalized?

shinjiboy

*bump* for anyone else still interested.  If I skip out on Thursday's badge pick up, we can go out for dinner and drink on Friday.  This sound good for everyone?

Kei Tsubasa

has anyone else noticed that this was marked for 2008?
if anyone is going to want this event to happen, there's need to be someone to bring everyone together.
i'm only saying because i've only read people(from 2009 post) say that they'll join, but no one leading.

FinalShadows

I can finally go this year! I'm 21 as of December :P
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

shinjiboy

Quote from: Kei Tsubasa on May 12, 2009, 03:36:37 PM
has anyone else noticed that this was marked for 2008?
if anyone is going to want this event to happen, there's need to be someone to bring everyone together.
i'm only saying because i've only read people(from 2009 post) say that they'll join, but no one leading.

Yes, I'm aware that this was marked 2008.  However, since reply 26, most of us have responded knowing that it was for this year.  In any case, I'll step up and lead.  I think the best day would be Friday, 'round 7 PM.  There's a place called Flames on the Fourth and San Fernando (across from the MLK library).  Some of my friends go there to drink occasionally, but I think its a diner as well.   It's not too far from Fanime and it'll just be a casual thing. 

If this interests you, send me a PM right away.  I'll add you to the list.  So far, I'm expecting 2-3 of my friends to come along.  But a big group should be fun.

P.S, I'm giving up my SFIII:3rd strike tourney for this ><

Kei Tsubasa

sorry, as much as i would like to go, i'll be too busy taking pictures.
The reason i posted was to pretty much progress this event, if there was no leader, let alone time or day, then this whole event would fall apart, which is pretty much why i pointed it out.
if anything i would suggest making a new thread that states that this event will take place this year and make a first post that states time, date, and location so people wont have to dig though the thread to find out when

narutofan17

You know I'm always down for the cause. Have we picked a spot yet? I notice these type of gatherings, deciding the place to meet and go is always the difficult part. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!