Fanime Gathering Dinner (+21 only)

Started by Chace, April 04, 2008, 10:55:38 PM

shinjiboy

Let's meet on the first floor, between the two flight of stairs (inside the concourse).  6:30 PM, Friday to go eat/drink @ Flames.  I'm just awaiting more replies.  The tentative list is:

Me
Preston
narutofan17
Jason (Hatch Guy)
Poisonfish +1 / 2
Elfgirlkaname
Donnathedead
DentyneIce408
Spalding

I'm hesistant to add the people below cause I'm not sure if they're still interested.  Send me a PM!

narutofan17

I had to check real quick if I had a gathering at that time but yeah I think that sounds cool. Anyone else?
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

elfgirlkaname

I would join but... I have a doll-meet at exactly the same time :(

maybe if we could have it a little earlier? I usually like to eat dinner at 6 ^^

Hatch Guy

Im up for it  ;D . Anytime is fine with me.

PoisonFish

Quote from: shinjiboy on May 15, 2009, 09:56:31 AM
Let's meet on the first floor, between the two flight of stairs (inside the concourse).  7 PM, Friday to go eat/drink @ Flames.  I'm just awaiting more replies.  The tentative list is:

Me
Preston
Karl
narutofan17
Derek

Don't everyone respond at once  ;)

A friend or two of mine along with myself may be interested in joining as well. I'm not entirely sure if any of them have plans for that time though.

shinjiboy

Hey Poisonfish, Elfgirlkaname, & Narutofan17, thanks for replying.  Its nice to see some people outside my normal friends group.

What would everyone think if we moved the dinner earlier?  Say 6 or 6:30?  My stomach will probably be growling sometime before then.
Like my friend said, you gotta eat anyway, why not meet people while you're at it (as long as you're over 21 ;)).

donnathedead

Quote from: shinjiboy on May 15, 2009, 09:56:31 AM
7? PM, Friday to go eat/drink @ Flames. 

if you're having it at the flames by santana row, you should stop by this zombie pub crawl. i don't know much about the details, just read about it on twitter. here's a link to the event details:
http://sanfrancisco.tribe.net/event/Breathers-Zombie-Pub-Crawl-and-Book-Signing/san-jose-ca/c3ae4d18-ebee-49c1-b587-07a743b15808
basically, zombies + drinks = good time in my book. sadly, i have class at 6, but just wanted to put it out there.

shinjiboy

Haha, sweet.

I like zombies too but only when they're on the screen in movies.  Just to clarify things, the Flames is actually located in downtown San Jose.  It's walkable distance from Fanime (not sure how successful I'll be walking back ;)).

elfgirlkaname

I'll have to leave at 7:15
I need to get a spot for the swap meet  :D

PoisonFish

I'm down for going earlier as well.

narutofan17

So is this official? Are we meeting up?  ???

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

shinjiboy

It's going dowwwwwwwn!

There are two time issues so might I suggest we meet up at 6:30 PM on the first floor in b/n the two stairs.  We'll leave promptly after.  Look for a group of people and an Asian guy wearing a bunch of Fanime badges.

I can't wait. 

EDIT: If you're into cosplay, these are the meetings you'd have to miss :(
6 PM
~ CE: Deathnote ~ L: FiF MS
~ Fight Game ~ MP & L: FiF

6:30 PM
~ Shonen Weekly ~ MP & L: FiF

7:00 PM
~ CE: Cosplay Murder Mystery Rehearsal ~ L: 1FCC RS ~ See Cosplayer Event List for info

narutofan17

Quote from: shinjiboy on May 20, 2009, 09:56:22 AM
It's going dowwwwwwwn!

There are two time issues so might I suggest we meet up at 6:15PM on the first floor in b/n the two stairs.  We'll leave promptly after.  Look for a group of people and an Asian guy wearing a bunch of Fanime badges.

I can't wait. 

EDIT: If you're into cosplay, these are the meetings you'd have to miss :(
6 PM
~ CE: Deathnote ~ L: FiF MS
~ Fight Game ~ MP & L: FiF

6:30 PM
~ Shonen Weekly ~ MP & L: FiF

7:00 PM
~ CE: Cosplay Murder Mystery Rehearsal ~ L: 1FCC RS ~ See Cosplayer Event List for info
Noooooooo! I can't miss the Fighting Game Gathering! I worked so hard on my Kind Dedede costume. T_T

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

shinjiboy

Good thing its not Friday yet.  The time will be worked around and finalized on Thursday.

Here's a list of specifics:
1. Narutofan's meet @ 6:00 - whenever
2. elfgirlkaname needs to leave @ 7:15
3. donnathedead's class doesn't end till 6PM

How early is too early for dinner? >< I'm willing to flexible, but look at the above. heheh

~~Loktera~~

It all really depends how well the lies are told...

DentyneIce408

My friend and I will definitely go. Where is Flames at?
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

narutofan17

Hopefully we can come up with a time that works for everyone T_T

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Spalding

Is all about anime and fanime.

shinjiboy

Hey peeps, this is the post you've been waiting for.  Below is all the info you need:

Time: Friday, 6:30 (leave by 6:45 PM)
Meet: Inside the concourse, 1st floor between the two stairs
Place: Flames (4th & San Fernando...in case you want to meet us there)

I did my best to select a time where everyone could potentially make it.  However, if you had already scheduled plans months ahead, please don't feel obligated.  I walked back from the Con w/ my prereg badge today and it was about 10 mins to the destination.  With that being said, I hope to see as many of you as possible.  It's not too late to be added to the list!

-Shinji

shinjiboy

Thx again to everyone who made it.  It was a really nice way to start off the Con!  Too bad I didn't run into any of you again during the following days.  Keep in Touch!