Marrying robots by 2020?

Started by Jun-Watarase, April 06, 2008, 04:27:21 PM

Jun-Watarase

http://io9.com/374678/japan-gears-up-to-become-a-full+on-robot-nation

Your thoughts?

Come to think of it, it does seem that Americans would have trouble accepting robotic humanoids co-existing with people in our culture and society... but as to why, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

That'll be a hell of a cultural shock to go from robotless USA and go visit robot-dependent Japan.

I wouldn't know what to do.  ???

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 06, 2008, 04:39:11 PM
That'll be a hell of a cultural shock to go from robotless USA and go visit robot-dependent Japan.

I wouldn't know what to do.  ???

Haha. It kind of makes me want to watch iRobot again. Maybe Will Smith might show me what to do.

I think it'd be a pretty cool experience... to experience something that people will become accustomed to doing every day in the near future. It'd be kind of cute, as well, to interact with a humanoid robot, programmed to not kill me and whatnot. I remember playing with an Aibo as a kid (of course, it wasn't mine) and couldn't get enough of the interaction it was capable of. While still limited in comparison to a living being, it surpassed my expectations. : D

Of course, er, I was like... 11.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Mister_E

I just know this is going to turn out like the Terminator or The Matrix...

And not like oh I get to kick ass in a computer world. NO like take part in that battle where the humans get their butts handed to them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18jpgQ7k85U
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

JTchinoy

The good news is we can drop 30 hydrogen bombs on Japan if they go AWOL on us and it'll cover the entire country. :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jun-Watarase

... =|

See, this is why we can't have nice things.

FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 06, 2008, 05:10:08 PM
... =|

See, this is why we can't have nice things.
You mean cuz everyone in the US would probably strip those robots for parts? Yeah.  I don't trust the general public of the US to leave high end stuff to public access.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mister_E

Because machines with AIs will be the death of us. A few years ago some British scientists said that if AI research continuses that it can happen like in the Matrix and/or Terminator.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Tsubasa

I see nothing wrong with this.

-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Mister_E

Jun-Watarase

Mister E...

kldjsflkfkljdsklfjsd AUGH

FanimaidCafe.com

Mister_E

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mister_E

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: Tsubasa on April 06, 2008, 05:19:10 PM
I see nothing wrong with this.

I, for one, welcome our new robotic overlords.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Mister_E

Dragon Ninja

Just make sure they follow the 3 Laws of Robotics to a T.

Law No. 1: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

Law No. 2: A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

Law No. 3: A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Mister_E

But didn't they attack anyway?

JTchinoy

Quote from: Mister_E on April 06, 2008, 06:01:17 PM
But didn't they attack anyway?
An evolving AI learned to warp the logic behind the 3 rules, thus allowing it to loophole them.  It's like finding loopholes in current laws to break them or create technicalities.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X