Breaking the Guinness World Record for the largest gathering of game cosplayers

Started by heeroyuy135, April 06, 2008, 10:30:32 PM

clawmaster

one word. Bleach gathering. oh wait thats 2 words. anyways last year was already huge enough but this yea it will grow cuz of its popularity. question is will there be somebody to count all the cosplayers?

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

M

Quote from: clawmaster on April 06, 2008, 10:45:43 PM
one word. Bleach gathering. oh wait thats 2 words. anyways last year was already huge enough but this yea it will grow cuz of its popularity. question is will there be somebody to count all the cosplayers?

The problem is that we would need an official Guinness judge onsite to count.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Rainbow Ichi

From the linked topic it says video game characters. I bet we can top that :D
But do PC game-characters count o_O?? I'm going to cosplay as one.

Not unless the topic in general is, 'The most cosplayers in a convention attended' not 'The most video game cosplayers in a convention attended'
:P
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

heeroyuy135

From the Guiness World Records Gamer's Edition Website:

So you want to break a gaming record – here's what you need to do.

1 )Decide what record you're going to break, and make sure you can do it.

2) Do your research. There are some world record attempts that we don't recognise for various reasons, so it's worth going here to make sure we'll accept your record. It'd be a shame to miss out on a Guinness World Record because of a technicality.

3)Before you do anything else, tell us who you are here. Then login and tell us what you're planning to do. We'll send you an agreement to sign which sets out how we approve records and what happens if you're successful.

4)Send us the signed agreement (fax or scanned email is fine). Once that's done, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the guidelines for the attempt, and if there's an existing record you need to beat. In some cases, we may have to reject your claim but we'll always let you know why.

5)Carry out your record attempt. For us to consider an attempt as valid, you'll need to convince us that your claim is for real. We insist on the following as a minimum:

-An Audience
Normally a record attempt needs to be carried out in front of an audience of 5 of more people (your friends are fine for this).

-Two Witnesses
You'll also need two witnesses who are prepared to testify that you've actually done what you claim. Both witnesses need to be over 18 and we'll need some evidence of their integrity (for example, they may have some standing in the local community, or be associated with a profession). Also, at least one of them has to be considered an expert in video games - the manager of your local video games store is a good example, but we'll also accept journalists, programmers, designers, or publishers. We find many video games stores are happy to host a world record attempt so don't be afraid to ask!

6)Send us the proof. Once the record attempt has taken place, you need to let us know how you did. For us to consider your record, you'll need to send us hard copies of the following:

-The footage
A video (DVD format) of the entire record attempt from start to finish. Make sure it's as high-quality as possible - we may reject your claim if the footage isn't clear enough.

-Witness statements
We need a signed statement from each of your witnesses that details exactly what they saw you do, including times, scores, dates and the location where your attempt took place. Each statement needs to be on letterheaded paper from the witness' company, and include their contact details.

-Photos
You'll need to include some photographs of the attempt in progress, and of the venue where it took place.

-Screenshots
If your record is of an in-game achievement, you can support your entry with screenshots. While we don't use these as evidence (they're too easy to tamper with), we may use them to illustrate you achievement on our website or in the book if we approve it.

-Any other supporting evidence
If there's anything else that you'd like to submit that you think will help us determine that your claim is the real deal, feel free to include it, but bear in mind we can't return anything you send us.

7)Leave it to us, but remember that our word is final. In most cases, we'll approve your record based on the evidence you send us, but sometimes we may ask for more info, or even invite you to attend an official Guinness World Records adjudication to verify your claim in person.

8)We send you a certificate celebrating your achievement. You bask in the glory of being a Guinness World Record holder!

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

I dont know wat the current record is... but as usual our first priority would be safety.

Just remember you guys cant block walk ways, stairs, high traffic areas, and or be unsafe in any way to yourselves or people around you.

that means no human pyramids, no pyro technics, and especially no female mud or oil wrestling tourneys (yet.)

whether or not you guys are planning to have an 'official' gathering, please get the gathering approved by Convention Operations so that you guys are a bit more organized.

if you have this gathering outside or away from fanime (somewhere out in the middle of down town san jose. again, just PLEASE try to be as safe as possible.

oh and have FUN of course. only because i told you to.  :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Xeluu

If you try for this, a good spot might be right in front of the center, by the fountains. There's a good amount of room there.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

Jerry

still, tecnically if u wanted tosay go nto the THOUSANDS, id say like a stadium or something.

i dont know how you arragen mulitple layer and properly see everyone in the picture.

you'd need major bleachers or something.

again NO human pyramids, just because ur dressed like a ninja doesnt mean u have powers like a ninja.

Ask a ninja, he'll tell you like it is.  :P

crazychichi

Quote from: Jerry on April 14, 2008, 03:47:45 PM
still, tecnically if u wanted tosay go nto the THOUSANDS, id say like a stadium or something.

i dont know how you arragen mulitple layer and properly see everyone in the picture.

you'd need major bleachers or something.

again NO human pyramids, just because ur dressed like a ninja doesnt mean u have powers like a ninja.

Ask a ninja, he'll tell you like it is.  :P

Hey jerry!

good advice about the idea!  I would plan this at a park, 'cause the fountain area is WAY too small for breaking records.  And inside the con would probably cause certain areas of the con to be shut down if the concourse gets flooded and breaks fire/building codes.   But I think this could prove quite interesting....
Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007

Jerry

I would think like a local high school or sporting event venue. probably plenty of bleachers seatting/standing room. sorta like a high school panoramic picture... cept with a whole mosh pit of cosplayers about.

Sporting ideas:
Like Cosplay Baseball.
or Better yet, Football cosplay?
or like in japanese sports events day....
whats that event where ppl ride piggyback and play chicken/jousting games?

dont forget to bribe people with with snacks.

The dark side has cookies, and if the Cake is a lie, your in for a large angry mob of hungry cosplayers.  :P

that would be all bad.

Steve.Young

Inside the con would probably be a no no. Since each room of the building is only zoned for a certain amount of people at any given time (Especially not like a gathering of 15000 people at one place, thats just you know...unsafe)

Outside, SJPD would be regulating that. It's outside of the con jurisdiction. I recommend finding a location that is ZONED to host a lot of people (Preferably something LARGER than the record you are trying to break)
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

heeroyuy135

Well the record is 80...I was thinking something around 300 to make it out-of-reach

crazychichi

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on April 16, 2008, 04:14:24 PM
Well the record is 80...I was thinking something around 300 to make it out-of-reach

>.>...?  Only 80?  Where was this?  That's so freaking small, lol.......(sorry if this offends, but omg, only 80!?!?!?)

You got some planning to do, Matthew.  hehe! I wish you the best of luck and the ability to find a good place to put this record breaking group at!

Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007

sunrise-oasis

actually 80 is a good number to start with since I know bleach cosplayers can show up at a gathering but the ending number we will have is either 51 or just plain 40!!!

Im going as ichigo if this was a bleach thing, but I will not participate for the World record for 2 reasons::::

1) I don't born in san jose!
2) Despite im going to fanime. I hated fanime since there are soo many errors to this! I will not support them!
3) Support the fans who are having a problem with fanime!!!!!!

Sure you can rant me all you want!, but all in all, I just don't like someone to say "HEY COME OVER HERE. we need to beat a world record.....
now if the topic was video game/pc characters then yes i would join!!!!!!!...

plus: my friend worked hard to get some people to cosplay for the guiness record!, i can't betray for that -_-!

On a plus side.....EVEN if you don't get the most characters, why not go vice versa....
guiness book of world records for cosplaying photographers!

HUGE NOTE***** I DON"T HATE FANIME, I just have alot of minor encounters with fanime!!!!!!!*****  Example: lost and found department!!!!, another example:: poorly organized, third example:: water

heeroyuy135

Quote from: crazychichi on April 16, 2008, 06:23:34 PM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on April 16, 2008, 04:14:24 PM

>.>...?  Only 80?  Where was this?  That's so freaking small, lol.......(sorry if this offends, but omg, only 80!?!?!?)

You got some planning to do, Matthew.  hehe! I wish you the best of luck and the ability to find a good place to put this record breaking group at!
It was a random gathering in London...and they wanted a number so that they could submit it and print it in the Gamers Edition first print