The Sainte Claire Hotel
2 (3.3%)
Fairmont Hotel San Jose
5 (8.2%)
other
9 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Mister_E

Yeah I know, the room I'm getting in a one bed room and my roommates called it, but sleeping would be the thing I would be doing thr least, I sleep like 4-5 hours at the con and my Bro-clock wakes me u and I have the energy of 10 Laughing Men!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Mr Anime

This will be my first year attending Fanime and I'll be staying at the Hilton.
I'm the best at what I do. And what I do isn't very nice.

Moonblossom

Quote from: Jerry on April 08, 2008, 12:24:01 PM
Quote from: Moonblossom on April 08, 2008, 11:51:22 AM
Bed + ashtray = ok
Hot tub + ashtray = ok
Bed + hot tub = ...not so much.

do they allow smoking why in bed?   ???

As for the hot tub + bed = maybe a heated water bed?
I havent seen a water bed in years.  :P

Yeah, they allow smoking anywhere in the room. It's not as if they'd know anyways.

*images a valet in the closet, ready to jump out whenever anyone's smoking anywhere other than the armchair*

SweetNiar

Quote from: Moonblossom on April 08, 2008, 04:12:01 PM
Quote from: Jerry on April 08, 2008, 12:24:01 PM
Quote from: Moonblossom on April 08, 2008, 11:51:22 AM
Bed + ashtray = ok
Hot tub + ashtray = ok
Bed + hot tub = ...not so much.

do they allow smoking why in bed?   ???

As for the hot tub + bed = maybe a heated water bed?
I havent seen a water bed in years.  :P

Yeah, they allow smoking anywhere in the room. It's not as if they'd know anyways.

*images a valet in the closet, ready to jump out whenever anyone's smoking anywhere other than the armchair*

Kinda like the suprise attacks in the Pink Panther movies :D like so?.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKfXSh_CC5c&feature=related

Moonblossom

Considering how clumsy I am, yes, pretty much exactly like that!

koella

Marriott! (if no plans change)  :D

btw, does anyone know if marriott has a designated check out time and check in time for rooms?  I remember when I stayed at Circus Circus hotel in las vegas they told us we couldn't check in until 11am and had to check out by 11am the day we left.  I was wondering if other hotels, especially the marriott, are like that, too.

Mister_E

Quote from: koella on April 09, 2008, 09:38:03 PM

btw, does anyone know if marriott has a designated check out time and check in time for rooms?  I remember when I stayed at Circus Circus hotel in las vegas they told us we couldn't check in until 11am and had to check out by 11am the day we left.  I was wondering if other hotels, especially the marriott, are like that, too.
12pm if I recall.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

IamTetsuo

Check in is 11AM at the earliest I think (no penalty for late check in).  All I know is according to my schedule last year I planned on arriving at 12.

Check out is by 10AM IIRC.

FanFicGuru

Hilton this year....I forgot why I didn't register for the Marriott. Oh well, should be much fun!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

phoenixphire24

Quote from: IamTetsuo on April 10, 2008, 02:05:05 AM

Check in is 11AM at the earliest I think (no penalty for late check in).  All I know is according to my schedule last year I planned on arriving at 12.

Check out is by 10AM IIRC.

I've stayed at the Sainte Claire for the last 3 years. My firends and I usually arrive around noon. Twice we were able to check in right away; last year we had to stow our luggage until about 3 or 4pm because they were behind on room cleaning. If this happens, I think most of the hotels will put your luggage in a safe place for you until you can check in, so you can still pick up your badge and wander around the con without worries.

Moonblossom

Also, if you're anticipating arriving earlier than check-in (Check-in time officially at the Hilton is 4pm, I think it's about the same at the Marriott, though they will allow you earlier if there's space), you can call a few days before and have them make a note. That way if a room is available before official check in time, they will hold it for you if they can. I'm leaving Montreal around 6 AM and arriving in San Jose at 12:30, I am going to be in desperate need of a nap, so I plan do to this.

BrightHeart76

I know it's not the official policy, but Hilton let me check in at 10:00 a.m. last year. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

zoupzuop2

Home. I'm in SV, so it's a small bus ride or car drive over the hill each morn' and the same distance each eve'.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Moonblossom

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 10, 2008, 03:47:27 PM
I know it's not the official policy, but Hilton let me check in at 10:00 a.m. last year. 

Nice! They let me check in around 1:30 last year. Usually, so long as there's a room that's clean and suits your reservation, they'll let you have it. There's just no guarantee they'll all be clean before 4:00.

IamTetsuo

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on April 10, 2008, 04:03:47 PM
Home. I'm in SV, so it's a small bus ride or car drive over the hill each morn' and the same distance each eve'.

I'm in Felton, but yeah I don't really want to make the trip there and back each night.  Much easier to just stumble into my hotel room and crash, then have an early (HA!) start the next day.

Ntsy

Because I am so lame (and I've never been to No Cal) I'll be at the Ramada (19-22) for the first half then the Marriott (22-26) I may an extra day because...well I dont want to get up at 7am to go to the Train station to go back to So.Cal..plus I wanna have fun at the Black and White Ball...

Trumby

I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza..was hoping to get a room at the Marriot or Hilton but there weren't any two bed rooms for some of the nights I needed when I reserved..oh well.
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

Runewitt

Quote from: Ntsy on April 11, 2008, 07:29:46 AM
Because I am so lame (and I've never been to No Cal) I'll be at the Ramada (19-22) for the first half then the Marriott (22-26) I may an extra day because...well I dont want to get up at 7am to go to the Train station to go back to So.Cal..plus I wanna have fun at the Black and White Ball...
i'll be at the ramada thursday-monday
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

nabechu

I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza.  :D

Sen

I believe I have a room at the Hilton. I can't wait to use their showers again. It's so glorious after a con day.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07