Any people in Oakland?

Started by L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu, April 07, 2008, 03:09:34 PM

Kupo

Hey Ayanami, what HS do you go to? I might know you.

PoisonFish

You silly people with your high schools and new fangled phones.

roth14

Alright, so what time are we meeting up at Dr. comics on Saturday?

outcast

I could probably meet up in Alameda southshore area.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: Kupo on June 01, 2009, 08:50:55 PM
Hey Ayanami, what HS do you go to? I might know you.
Well I highly doubt that considering I haven't gone to HS in YEARS. I'm a Junior College student. ^^;

Well I think we should shoot for say...1pm? That gives us plenty of time to sleep in, get ready, and travel around! We should probably try to get there early if we're taking bus. Mostly because we all know how they don't always follow schedule and skip a bus. >.<

Here's my phone number for the meetup: 510-205-0714

In terms of meeting up at Alameda South Shore AKA Towne Square...what Days/Times would work best for you all?

PoisonFish

So... 1 PM, saturday, Dr. Comics and Mr games?

roth14

That seems to be the case. Anyone disagree?

Rhornez

i dunno i might be going to Anime V at san jose this saturday ill see

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: Rhornez on June 03, 2009, 05:31:50 PM
I think we should ALL wear our Fanime Badges so we can all easily recognize one another for BOTH gatherings ^_^

Well if you miss the Oakland gathering, there seems to be a smaller Alameda Gathering, which is also near Oakland ^^;

1pm This Saturday @ Dr. Comics & Mr. Games ^_^

What about 1pm NEXT Saturday, June 13th, at South Shore Center. How about in Borders Bookstore Manga Section? That way those of us who get there early can have something to do.

roth14

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on June 03, 2009, 09:08:10 PM
I think we should ALL wear our Fanime Badges so we can all easily recognize one another for BOTH gatherings ^_^

Well if you miss the Oakland gathering, there seems to be a smaller Alameda Gathering, which is also near Oakland ^^;

What about 1pm NEXT Saturday, June 13th, at South Shore Center. How about in Borders Bookstore Manga Section? That way those of us who get there early can have something to do.

That works for me. So who is coming to the one this Saturday?

outcast

Next saturday works for me.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: roth14 on June 03, 2009, 10:02:45 PM
Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on June 03, 2009, 09:08:10 PM

That works for me. So who is coming to the one this Saturday?
Well I will go for sure. A girl I talk to on OkCupid will PROBABLY be coming this saturday.

PoisonFish

A GURL, LE GASP!?!?!?!

*ahem*. I'll be going as well. You'll most likely spot me out if one of the store staff that I know is there as I'll just be chatting him up.

roth14

So should we all have our badge from fanime?

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: roth14 on June 05, 2009, 02:50:13 PM
So should we all have our badge from fanime?
I think that would be best. That way we can all look at each other and go "Oh this person is here for the Fanime Meetup". Otherwise we have to ask random strangers if they're there for the meetup, and get funny looks if they are NOT there for the meetup ^^;

Ayanami Rei First Child

Okay there was only ONE person from this Message Board that went to the gathering. Luckily he brought a friend from FanimeCon so it wasn't a total bust. Fun was had, and we're planning to have another gathering this month. I'd like to plan another gathering and have all of you tell me FOR SURE what date and time you all can come. I don't want to have another gathering in Oakland, or have one in Alameda, without anyone showing up.

Therefore if anyone wants to have another gathering for Oakland, OR a new one for Alameda, be sure to CONFIRM what date and time you can make it.

Kupo

Let's plan one in Alameda.

As for the time and place, let's decide on a date we're going to be free on.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: Kupo on June 09, 2009, 10:24:07 PM
Let's plan one in Alameda.

As for the time and place, let's decide on a date we're going to be free on.
Well the next couple of weeks I'm not sure about Saturday, but I SHOULD be able to make it on a Sunday.

I'd like to have at least two other people there from the forums, besides myself this time ^^;

Kodoku

Has this idea already passed, or is it still in the making?

Quote from: Jerry on April 08, 2008, 08:42:32 AM
back on topic -

im totally down for a random gathering in your area. _insert random city here_

some ppl have the means or ability to travel out of the bay area (i.e san jose area) and some of us cant.

as for the idea of oakland, i think (semi-joking/semi serious) that some ppl have the stereo-type that oakland isnt one of the safer big cities around.

considering that were bunch of a random group of anime fans, we might attract unwanted attention to ourselves and again my concern would be safety.

if your really still serious to still hold a gathering, then we'll see if anyone else is interested and we'll go from there.

Dr. O - I still say we need another adventure of biblical proportions.  :)

There was a shanking at this corner over here... a random shanking over there... Well, I shanked a dude right there...

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on April 07, 2008, 03:15:52 PM
Quote from: Mister_E on April 07, 2008, 03:13:51 PM
I don't think people are in Oakland. It's like there is some kind of I Am Legend thing going on.

are you being sarcastic here?

geez

*does massive facepalm*

Have I already been forgotten?
(Think what you want... Reality isn't so kind.
Everything doesn't work out the way you want it to. That's why...)
As long as you don't get your hopes up,
you can take anything...
You feel less pain."

-Squall Leonhart, Final Fantasy VIII

Phantomhive.LolitaKei

is this southshore mall in alameda? we should freaking cosplay :D
NYAPPY! o(≧∀≦)o
R☆ck Hard & L♥ve Easy.
----------------------------------
Artist, Cosplayer, Model

websites/places to contact me at......
Tumblr:myobiyuki.tumblr.com