Any people in Oakland?

Started by L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu, April 07, 2008, 03:09:34 PM

Kimbo.K

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on December 21, 2008, 02:33:06 PM
Well that sounds really good for me to. I think we should set a date or few. You know, to actually get the ball rolling here. I'd rather just be working on this, then typing away for another month talking a bout how we all need to get together @.@

How about Dec. 28. Send me a message on AIM (xxgawonxx) for more cohesive planning! =]

Ayanami Rei First Child

Ahhhh! I'm sorry I missed that date. I've been super distracted lately with a bunch of people coming over lately ^_^; I haven't really had much time to think about these boards. I sent you a message, and my schedule is pretty open for next week ^^;

PoisonFish

As I said in the other thread, I'm totally down with a hang out. I recently returned to Oakland up from Seattle(Taking a break from schooling and all that jazz) and would love to meet other fanime folks.

roth14

I would totally love to find other cosplayers and anime fans in Oakland (since it seems as if there are none lol), but I am very busy with school. So it would be much appreciated if we were going to do something to let people know so i can work it into my schedule.

deonchan

Ok screw it. Let's do this and I have the perfect place

Feb 7th
Chinese New years parade

Lots to do. Lots of people. Very safe should be fun!

Speak now or forever CLOSE THIS THREAD
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

PoisonFish

Sounds good to me. The real question is where we'd meet up within the crowds.

roth14

too true. Anyone know a restaurant or a landmark? :-[

deonchan

Chevy's @ the Embarcadero.therer's a shopping center and close to the startof the parade
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

OMG.....Procrastination.

It would seem that this whole things hasn't gotten any further off the ground then when it was up to me. I think that the Feb.7th idea is great is what we're offically going to do considering that we, as a group, wouldn't stick out so much versus us just gathering up.

Thing is... I has no idear where the Chinese New Year parade is since I've never actually been to one. If in Oakland, we should REALLY start making a meet up spot that's familiar to all of the future participants in this gathering and we should make a plan on what we're going to do after... If there is an after (cuz it's a damn parade, and like Deonchan said, lot's to do).

(I HELLA DIDN'T EVEN READ WHAT YOU GUYS POSTED -_-;;; Sorry, guys.)

deonchan

Here's your (and everyone's directions to the meeting spot)

-Go to a BART station.
-Get on BART
-Get off at the Embarcadero station
-Go upstairs
- Go to the Chevy's and sit on the benches outside

Meeting spot done.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

outcast

That sounds like a good plan.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Ah...
M'kay...
So I wonder what is the general age range gunna be for the folks going... Can't be that bad.
Super exciting ,but it's a little sad that I wasn't able to plan my own gathering and my thread kinda-sorta got taken over... >:1.

How long should we stay, like a deadline until we all go our seprate ways. Don't want to stay too late after all.... And where the hell is this--... Oh, yes, San Francisco.

roth14

This may be a little early but I just have to get my idea out before I forget it. Would it better to meat at AOD? ???

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Thats actually a great idea, Roth. And now that I think about it, that would be a heck of alot better considering it has to do with anime. It's on Feb. 15 and 15th at the Cathedral Hill Hotel http://www.aodsf.org/ . I'd certainly enjoy going! I was soooo lonely the last time I went... And I certainly had been considering going again.

roth14

That's great because I had no one to go with. I also think a lot of the people on the tread were going there already so this just makes it easier.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Most definately.

If alot of people are down for what your saying, just PM me and I'll gladly come with you!

roth14

aww sweet! thanks :D W should get a group going.

deonchan

K... as this is officially back @ square one and seeing that this "idea" is over 7 months old I'm officially pulling out. Even with a plan days directions etc.. people are circling their tails and it's gotten bloody old.

Good luck, hope ya'll figure it out and have fun... if it ever happens
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Steve.Young

Quote from: deonchan on January 16, 2009, 10:25:23 AM
K... as this is officially back @ square one and seeing that this "idea" is over 7 months old I'm officially pulling out. Even with a plan days directions etc.. people are circling their tails and it's gotten bloody old.

Failure indeed.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: deonchan on January 16, 2009, 10:25:23 AM

Really, it's your own fault for post YOUR idea on MY thread, regardless of how old my idea is. This isn't the offical thread for east bay/oaklanders gathering. It's MY thead.You can continue your idea for your gathering here if you want, OR you can do what you should have done to begin with and make your own thread since it's such a problem.

Quote from: roth14 on January 15, 2009, 08:19:32 PM
aww sweet! thanks :D W should get a group going.

M'kay, all in? I am for sure. I'm going to start saving up money. This should be fun!