Any people in Oakland?

Started by L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu, April 07, 2008, 03:09:34 PM

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

So, I've been seeing all these gatherings in places far away. Like in San Jose, Fremont, and Hayward that I can't go to. I was wondering if anyone in the Oakland or San Fransisco area was here and want to to meet up? It would be nice to first have an introductory meeting and maybe go to a park and eat munchies n' stuff! I really wanna meet up with some people so if anyone is intrested please let me know.

A possible plan:
People come to the designated meet-up spot (like a place in Oakland like DownTown at Burger King) and we shake hands and meet. I think its important that we get to know each other breifly so that the rest of the day isn't awkward.

Afterwards: We all p go to a park, maybe one in Berekely or even one at Lake Merrit and eat ( I could provide some food n' stuff [CAKE!!]). Talk about our experiences at Fanime or what ever comes up.
After: (If we're in Berekely) There's this place in Berekely called in Anime V we could go to. It's an anime store, hence "Anime" V.
(If in Oakland) Lets go to Emeryville and go to the movies and chill some more. Then call it a day?

Let me know if anyone is interested. I'd love to meet up with some of you guys! I'll keep yuh posted!

Mister_E

I don't think people are in Oakland. It's like there is some kind of I Am Legend thing going on.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Mister_E on April 07, 2008, 03:13:51 PM
I don't think people are in Oakland. It's like there is some kind of I Am Legend thing going on.

are you being sarcastic here?

geez

*does massive facepalm*
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

n_n Silly. You know what I mean.

Mister_E

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on April 07, 2008, 03:15:52 PM

are you being sarcastic here?

geez

*does massive facepalm*

WELL DUH!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

otakuapprentice

YOU FAIL!

oakland ppl here, but i dont hang much in the city. XP
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 07, 2008, 06:05:29 PM
YOU FAIL!

It wouldn't HAVE to be in the city. It could even be in Oakland or a neighboring city, like B-town (Berekely) or San Leandro. Anywhere's cool

otakuapprentice

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 07, 2008, 10:59:39 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 07, 2008, 06:05:29 PM
YOU FAIL!

It wouldn't HAVE to be in the city. It could even be in Oakland or a neighboring city, like B-town (Berekely) or San Leandro. Anywhere's cool
by 'city', I'm referring to Oakland, not s.f.; i go more to san fran and SJ than san leandro or Berkeley.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

-.-;;  Oh... My badness. But, over here Oakland is the 'town' and 'Frisco is the city... Cause it's more industrial n' big... N' stuff... >_>

Jerry

back on topic -

im totally down for a random gathering in your area. _insert random city here_

some ppl have the means or ability to travel out of the bay area (i.e san jose area) and some of us cant.

as for the idea of oakland, i think (semi-joking/semi serious) that some ppl have the stereo-type that oakland isnt one of the safer big cities around.

considering that were bunch of a random group of anime fans, we might attract unwanted attention to ourselves and again my concern would be safety.

if your really still serious to still hold a gathering, then we'll see if anyone else is interested and we'll go from there.

Dr. O - I still say we need another adventure of biblical proportions.  :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Jerry on April 08, 2008, 08:42:32 AM
back on topic -

some ppl have the means or ability to travel out of the bay area (i.e san jose area) and some of us cant.

as for the idea of oakland, i think (semi-joking/semi serious) that some ppl have the stereo-type that oakland isnt one of the safer big cities around.

considering that were bunch of a random group of anime fans, we might attract unwanted attention to ourselves and again my concern would be safety.

if your really still serious to still hold a gathering, then we'll see if anyone else is interested and we'll go from there.

Oh, well, that would explain why people aren't responding to my thread like I want them to. But, honestly, this thread was ment more so for those of us who realize that Oakland isn't all that bad unless you go to bad area and that you can have fun anywhere.

Personally, I don't know how an anime fan acts in public. I mean, I act normal. Quiet, to myself, respectful and I'm an anime fan? What exactly do you mean when you say we would attract attention to ourselves? Unless we're parading down the street, yelling and what not I think we would be perfectly fine, but alas, this gathering is ment for people who realize this...

DemonLordZabuza

Well its not like the group is obnoxious...wait a minute yes we are.

Here are a few things that have happen through out gatherings:
-guys making out with guys
-girls making out with girls
-Kegan bitting girls
-Kegan bitting boys
-me flirting with girls and a times boys
-Random person screaming "I lost the game"
-girls eating cherries erotically
-large group walking to a certain location
-trying to talk when everyone is talking
-lots of laptops or electronic devices
-random people jumping on each other
-my clothes to be requested to be taken off
-tree climbing
-people climbing
-people giving back rides
-people giving back rubs
-people humping cars
-people trying to glomp someone to the ground
-having 10+ people carrying someone in Disneyland to the small world ride all singing "its a small world"
-random pirates...very few ninjas
-more random Yaoi
etc etc

So in truth we do attract a lot of attention to ourselves.  And apperantly some people think we are someone else so they approach us thinking we are them and then realize we arent them.  But in all is all in good fun.  Random hang out in Oakland or anywhere really, Im down.  People know if I'm free Im down :P

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

deonchan

Quote from: Jerry on April 08, 2008, 08:42:32 AM
back on topic -

Isn't they why there are guys like me and Mike around?  :P

NE wAYZ I'm an east bayer (P. Hill to be exact) and that OAK is ALOT closer for me then San Jo. So I'm down for whatever.

BTW there was to be a meeting for RHPS in Oakland. Mayhaps we combine the 2?
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Lisu

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on April 10, 2008, 04:51:05 PM
garbage

don't address that as the "us" of the collective board gatherings.
do a better job at pointing out your half of the group.

maeiounj39

I don't live oakland, but I live about an hour away from there. I am actually closer to fanime. I probably wont meet up though.

otakuapprentice

Well its not like the group is obnoxious...wait a minute yes we are.

Here are a few things that have happen through out gatherings:
-guys making out with guys
-girls making out with girls
-Kegan bitting girls
-Kegan bitting boys
-me flirting with girls and a times boys
-Random person screaming "I lost the game"
-girls eating cherries erotically
-large group walking to a certain location
-trying to talk when everyone is talking
-lots of laptops or electronic devices
-random people jumping on each other
-my clothes to be requested to be taken off
-tree climbing
-people climbing
-people giving back rides
-people giving back rubs
-people humping cars
-people trying to glomp someone to the ground
-having 10+ people carrying someone in Disneyland to the small world ride all singing "its a small world"
-random pirates...very few ninjas
-more random Yaoi
etc etc

So in truth we do attract a lot of attention to ourselves.  And apperantly some people think we are someone else so they approach us thinking we are them and then realize we arent them.  But in all is all in good fun.  Random hang out in Oakland or anywhere really, Im down.  People know if I'm free Im down :P
the majority of this stuff happens at Jerry's(kinda like Cheers, except you don't walk downstairs into a bar)

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

RHPS? Guess I really am a semi-newb. What dat be? ???

otakuapprentice

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 10, 2008, 09:31:53 PM
deon is a teacher in drum corps, i think(i hope i didnt get this wrong)

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 10, 2008, 09:33:59 PM
Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 10, 2008, 09:31:53 PM
deon is a teacher in drum corps, i think(i hope i didnt get this wrong)
Sankyuu, Ota-chan! n_n

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Lisu on April 10, 2008, 04:57:57 PM
garbage

don't address that as the "us" of the collective board gatherings.
do a better job at pointing out your half of the group.

I have to agree on that. well, I did bless Karen's car when she got it. I can't believe DLZ still remembers that.

well, I live in Hayward, so I don't mind traveling to Oakland to hang out.

@L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu: you should come to one of the board gatherings and meet these crazy folks though. They are a fun group to be around though lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC