Any people in Oakland?

Started by L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu, April 07, 2008, 03:09:34 PM

Jerry

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 10, 2008, 09:38:03 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 10, 2008, 09:33:59 PM
Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 10, 2008, 09:31:53 PM
RHPS? Guess I really am a semi-newb. What dat be? ???
deon is a teacher in drum corps, i think(i hope i didnt get this wrong)
Sankyuu, Ota-chan! n_n

Dr. O hate to point out a mistake thar...
but RHPS = Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Good guess tho. ^_^

funny tho. a random high school band + RHPS would be absolutely HILARIOUS.
dont forget Jere(miah) + Jesus epic fun of biblical porportions...

but RHPS usually happens at nite. I think we need a day gathering so I could actually see ppl, and not deal with zombies/vampires or hungry biting kegan-monsters...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Jerry

Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 10, 2008, 07:54:46 PM
Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on April 10, 2008, 04:51:05 PM
garbage...
the majority of this stuff happens at Jerry's(kinda like Cheers, except you don't walk downstairs into a bar)

Hey another correction, I do have a 2 1/2 story home. so technically you could 'walk' down stairs, and YOU'VE (Dr. O) had drinks at my place...

ah, delicious tequila rose. ^_^ good times at Yaoi Con and with the "ten inch' Doctor.

*COUGH COUGH * and Who' says Jesus isnt a party machine?  :D

Jerry

Quote from: Lisu on April 10, 2008, 04:57:57 PM
garbage

don't address that as the "us" of the collective board gatherings.
do a better job at pointing out your half of the group.

Sorry for the triple post. But another comment. Yes. Technically speaking there is a sub division of 'types' of us fangirl/fanboys here.

Technically there are 2 groups. (please I hope i dont offend anyone by making this 'observation' )

The social group ( usually known as the 'upstairs group' ) They're very outgoing and have a tendancy to do crazy things at random. again this is not a skill, but a natural talent that some of these folks have - *cough cough* i.e.-> kegan-monster...

The Laptop/Gamer/Art group ( usually known as the 'downstairs group' )They're a bit more reserved and usually have live chats about anime, which comparing artistic styles, and usually dabble in online gaming. and sometimes debate random topics and stuff like that.

sometimes the group combine into a massive group 20+ people and when we 'invade' random locations for gathering we're not hard to miss. Sometimes theres at least on person wearing a fanime/anime related shirt. and some of us just have the 'natural' otaku look - ( ie pins, anime bags, the hair, and sometimes the camera in hand ready 4 pics ).

but of course sooner or later we'll figure something out and have a gathering already.  :P

deonchan

Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 10, 2008, 09:33:59 PM
Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 10, 2008, 09:31:53 PM
RHPS? Guess I really am a semi-newb. What dat be? ???
deon is a teacher in drum corps, i think(i hope i didnt get this wrong)

I am ^_^

but

RHPS = Rocky Horror Picture Show. The current cast and showing is in Oakland Saturday nights @ midnight :P
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Hmm.... Interesting. Sounds like fun. But... Whats it about? I've never heard of it. I guess Rocky Horror  Picture Show should say it all, but, what would we do? Never been to one.If all we're gonna do is watch a movie then... >_> -Cough- Boring -Cough- Then again I don't know what exactly you do at one. ._.

Jerry

oh noes. RHPS newbie huh?

its anything less than boring.  :P that is for sure rest assured.

im also a newbie/virgin as well when it comes to RHPS... and ive heard what they do to them...

makes me scared.  :-[

DemonLordZabuza

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on April 10, 2008, 11:08:18 PM
Quote from: Lisu on April 10, 2008, 04:57:57 PM
garbage

don't address that as the "us" of the collective board gatherings.
do a better job at pointing out your half of the group.

I have to agree on that. well, I did bless Karen's car when she got it. I can't believe DLZ still remembers that.

Don't flatter yourself, you aren't the only person who has done that.  And don't talk down on my list because a) some of those items address you two in one way or another and b) you are just jealous you cant join in the fun :P

But in all, whatever your personality is or whatever your interest are.  There will be at least one person who you will click very well with.  I guarantee that

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

gubaba

crap. .... I don't know if gubaba fits in a specific group. The gubaba is quite crazy like that.......

Oh well.

There's always the gubaba group where wild gubabas roam and feed on life energy. :D

<3 Rock Howard XD

otakuapprentice

Quote from: gubaba on April 11, 2008, 07:43:59 PM
crap. .... I don't know if gubaba fits in a specific group. The gubaba is quite crazy like that.......

Oh well.

There's always the gubaba group where wild gubabas roam and feed on life energy. :D
the gubaba is in a group all her own.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kazuko

>=( I own gubaba with mah frilly purse

But Yeah DLZ x: know when to classify this groups thing and the one you hang out with. even though I dont attend gatherings myself I still get the basis of it being to maybe like two of them.

Virgins are always fun to play with....

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Kazuko on April 11, 2008, 08:59:08 PM
>=( I own gubaba with mah frilly purse

But Yeah DLZ x: know when to classify this groups thing and the one you hang out with. even though I dont attend gatherings myself I still get the basis of it being to maybe like two of them.

Virgins are always fun to play with....
i dont know why i find this funny, but i do.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

LT

i'm from El Cerrito,which is near SF, Berkeley, Oakland...your idea sounds fun..i'll go if i can.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Thanks for the post you guys! They're really helping me to decifer what I want and where I want my gathering to be like. Once I get to a computer ( Posting from PSP. 'Stealing' wifi is fun! I get to down load tons of music for free! AWE-SOME! SCORE! Thanks stupid neighbors for keeping your wifi unsecured! means fun for me and posting on Fanime Forums!) I'll give you guys more details and updates. Til then, happy posting you guys!

LastElixir

Quote from: Jerry on April 11, 2008, 09:09:31 AM
The Laptop/Gamer/Art group (usually known as the 'downstairs group' )They're a bit more reserved and usually have live chats about anime, which comparing artistic styles, and usually dabble in online gaming. and sometimes debate random topics and stuff like that.

I guess that's one way of putting it, there's far more than that though. (and no, im not offended if you are going to ask, far from it.)

j

DemonLordZabuza

*shakes head in disappointment* because apparently people don't understand the concept of "etc" I will add more to the list:

-lots of eating
-occasional food contest
-spending an hour deciding where, how and when to get more food and then a group leaving on themselves to get what they wanted
-random gaming
-still someone screaming "I lost the game"
-some anime watching/criticizing/or something they do
-some person sitting by themselves in front of a laptop occasionally making grunting noises to catch others attention
-more gaming (including video games, card games, UNO, dice games, ETC.  Yes UNO is a game type on its own)
-Random youtubing on a Wii
-Random Youtubing videos period
-occasional group shopping online
-some body on 4chan trying to show something funny to someone else that they already saw else where
-some updating their or someones else's computer

Oh and this stuff also happen at eating establishments like TapiocaExpress, Denny's or any other eating establishment where we go in a group that will allow such actions.

There you all happy.

If you post a date, a time and a location.  You will get responses on who can make it, usually, and then the fun goes from there  8)

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Hm, I've been thinking and I've come to a conclusion: I want a gathering and not a whole mob of people. I think it wise to put a number limit of people who can attend as to not attract alot of attention to my mini-mob. I haven't come up with a designated number but it will probably between 5 and 15 people. I'll keep you all posted on recent updates and possible happenings.

Jerry

i wouldnt worry too much about the number.

but as you can see we'll all social creatures and we usually just got with the random and crazy flow of our daily lives and yes the random occasional gathering.

watever you decide, just let us know. in realistic terms it really depends if ppl can make it or if we already have made plans.

Fanime (staff meetings and other things) are pretty consistent throughout the rest of the weekend so act now while supplies (free time) lasts.

Our operators are standing by.  :)

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

Okay! Does anyone know how to get to Golden gate park from Oakland? I'd love to revisit the park (it's been years!) and I think it's a cool start out spot for the gathering. From there we could over run some fun resurant in Japan Town and chill... I have nothing else from them on.

A likely meet up date will be on the weekend:

May 3'rd at about 1:30 p.m. - 'til when ever.

or

May 4th about 12:30 p.m - till 7:00 p.m.

If Golden gate is too far another meet up place is at the Piers. (Where the oversized Arrow and Bow in the ground is.)

Note: This is IF we meet in SF. I'd really love to, but I'm scared no body will come....

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

This thread fails... Reconvince me to unlock it and will. -Lock't- Questions? Comments or advice? Throw me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

THREAD UNLOCKED!!

It would seem people were actually interested in my gathering so I've decided to reopen the thread and give it another go! The dates posted previously are invalid and should not be planned around. I will come up with time, and hopefully we can go from there.

Please post thought and ideas as they will make for quicker date-deciding and planning.

I hope that this time things will work out! I'll keep you posted!