-Me

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

sorry... I live all the way in Hayward
D: ~~!!
but I've been there before..
I want an anime gathering! x)

Ayanami Rei First Child

I would go to a gathering at least once or twice in Oakland. I mean I DO live in Alameda, so I'm in your backyard Oakland! ^_^

I think it'd be cool to have a little pre-gathering BEFORE FanimeCon ^_^V

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

I'm actually not going to Fanime. :'(

Yunri-Chan

Ohh, I hail from Piedmont! (: It's a little town in the middle of Oakland if you haven't heard of it. I dunno if anyone has... xx;

I don't think we have many gatherings here, but in February 2007 I did organize a gathering to go to the SF Zoo; it was 30+ attendees-strong, and a lot of them are on the Fanime forums too. (Hanyaan, BART Boy, the works)

But yeah; it's a bit late for a gathering, but it doesn't hurt to post here nonetheless!~
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

I sowry! D:< I is going to Fanime. And I go to Dr.Games and Mr.Crazy[I just know I did that wrong or used the wrong words. Sp?] there sometime. Maybe after Fanime?

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on May 18, 2008, 03:27:59 PM
I sowry! D:< I is going to Fanime. And I go to Dr.Games and Mr.Crazy[I just know I did that wrong or used the wrong words. Sp?] there sometime. Maybe after Fanime?
Yeah we should totally do a Post-Fanime-Gathering ^_^

Or we could have a Bay Area Gathering DURING Fanime, so we can meet new people who live within bus/BART distance.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Jerry

so whatever happend this propsed event?

so whats the plan?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: Jerry on August 07, 2008, 01:25:21 PM
so whatever happend this propsed event?

so whats the plan?
I don't know! In this thread AND the other thread nobody seems to want to pick a time or a place!

Therefore I have proposed we either go to Japan Town in San Francisco on Saturday NEXT WEEK...OR we could meet up at Jack London since it's closer.

How does that sound...?

Kimbo.K

I live in Oakland and I propose that us Oakland people (or anyone else that wants to come) round up and go out to eat some Ethiopian food or dim sum near the Lake Merritt area.

Ensarro's Ethiopian Cuisine is a nice restaurant located 2 blocks away from where I live. Each entree consists of a meat/veggie dish that is of EPIC proportions and are meant to be shared. I'd like say 3-4 plates could effectively feed 6 people. Believe me, it's really that filling. =o Beware if you don't like spicy foods!

The Old Place Seafood House is really good for the price and variety on their dim sum list. I usually go here on the weekdays to avoid the crouds of people on the weekends. The service isn't as good as your regular restaurant ( I go refill my own tea) and the staff has difficulty communicating in English, but I say suck it up and enjoy!

After eating, there is always the Grand Lake Theater (4 blocks) or chilling out at the park by Lake Merritt, which is right across the street.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Kimbo.K on November 26, 2008, 01:48:29 AM
I live in Oakland and I propose that us Oakland people (or anyone else that wants to come) round up and go out to eat some Ethiopian food or dim sum near the Lake Merritt area.

Ensarro's Ethiopian Cuisine is a nice restaurant located 2 blocks away from where I live. Each entree consists of a meat/veggie dish that is of EPIC proportions and are meant to be shared. I'd like say 3-4 plates could effectively feed 6 people. Believe me, it's really that filling. =o Beware if you don't like spicy foods!

The Old Place Seafood House is really good for the price and variety on their dim sum list. I usually go here on the weekdays to avoid the crouds of people on the weekends. The service isn't as good as your regular restaurant ( I go refill my own tea) and the staff has difficulty communicating in English, but I say suck it up and enjoy!

After eating, there is always the Grand Lake Theater (4 blocks) or chilling out at the park by Lake Merritt, which is right across the street.

That sounds like a great idea, sorry I've been procrastinating so much. Just let me scrounge up some money and I'll consider that great idea. Whats the average tab there?

Kimbo.K

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Wow. No way... And thats WITH drinks? I'll definately start preping for the gathering. I can manage to get that easy.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well that sounds really good for me to. I think we should set a date or few. You know, to actually get the ball rolling here. I'd rather just be working on this, then typing away for another month talking a bout how we all need to get together @.@

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Yeah, that's true. I want to kinda of wait until after Christmas so I can get some money. Maybe a New Years bash?