deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

PoisonFish

I'm fairly confused, but I'm going to assume there will be a gathering at some point during the new years parade.

Kazuko

well heres the basic summary of this thread

There has been countless suggestions, denon suggested the chinese new years parade in SF he planned a meet up spot and all Though seeing that people cannot read it all he decides to drop it. Leslie has been sporadic about updating or gathering peoples suggestions probally due to internet connection or busy schedule. Everyone hasent voted, the topic is about any people in Oakland so someone just picks a date and meet up at the mall or something :U its not that hard I have only been to oakland once to a friends house.

Do something like this:
-Have three sets of dates (pick weekends since its when people are not in school/day off from work)
-Pick easy meeting spots (malls, park, pizza place?)
-have people pick a date and meeting spot based on what majorty says
-Just hang out and chat

Ayanami Rei First Child

I think a nice place to meet is someplace like Doctor Comics & Mr. Games. Or possibly at a coffee shop someplace in Oakland would also be good.

Usually any Friday, Sat, and Sun is good for me, as long as I can plan it out in advanced.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

It's basically like Kazuko said...

I think everyones ideas are great.... But for me, personally, when Roth suggested the AOD gathering, I was thinking that it would be great because AOD has to do with anime so I felt that it would be a great place to gather.

And I still feel that way.

And it's like I said in my other post, people who want to plan the Parade gathering here are more than welcome, I said offically that the New Year's parade was going to be the gathering that everyone could do... I never said the AOD one was. I just felt the the AOD gathering would be a great chance to meet up with people AND enjoy anime/comics at the same time. Plus, AOD an the parade are mega close... So, we could gather at the Parade THAT day and then, if possible, meet up for the AOD Con a couple days later.

Fact of the matter is, I never ex'ed out the idea for the Parade gathering, I was just thinking that it would be great to gather at AOD, too.

So, if people are still down with the parade gathering, do your thing... But please don't get mad at me when I agree with someone else's idea, unless I say it's offical... No need to make a deal out of it.

And ,um... No more suggestions, ONLY the AOD one and the Parade one are on the table... Gather around those two ideas so as to halt any further confusion...

And people.... THERE WILL BE A GATHERING.

Post....

roth14

So I was wondering how many people may actually come to the AOD gathering or the Chinese New Year Parade? Just wondering.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

We'll have to see if people are still down for doing the New Years Parade thing, but really, as far as the amount of people that can come, as many that show up are welcome to join, though it would be nice if it were a small group versus a mini mob, but really, all are welcome.

roth14

Well I just found out that I can't go to the New Year's Parade. :'( Oh well. Well I WILL still go to the AOD thing. :D WHOO! less then a month a way.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Aw, thats too bad. But it is still a little less then a month away, so anything can could change. n_n

roth14

Ayanami Rei First Child

I can't make it to AoD because I'm going to DunDraCon. HOWEVER my friends will be running the board games for that Convention so feel free to stop by and pay them a visit ^^

roth14

Cool thank you. :)

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot to ask, is anyone going to cosplay for the AOD gathering?

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

I'm personally not going to cosplay because I wouldn't know what or who to cosplay as, plus there's the cost of everything and sewing. I epic fail a sewing...  :-[

roth14

Hmm oh well. Anyone else?

EDIT: Are we going all weekend or just meeting up one day, and if it is one day which one?

Ayanami Rei First Child

For those of us who are unable to go to AoD...why not have a meeting at Endgame in Oakland? They have some gaming nights there...

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: roth14 on January 22, 2009, 03:13:52 PM
Hmm oh well. Anyone else?

EDIT: Are we going all weekend or just meeting up one day, and if it is one day which one?

I, personally, am going for just one day. But others could continue the gathering the whole weekend if they'd like.

BTW, when the dates come up for the gatherings I'll make a seprate thread so as to get more people. 'Cause not everybody checks out this thread. n_n

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on January 28, 2009, 08:56:08 PM
For those of us who are unable to go to AoD...why not have a meeting at Endgame in Oakland? They have some gaming nights there...

Thats a great idea, but to keep confusion to a minimum could you make a seprate thread please?

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Also, if people are still down for the Chinese New Year Gathering let me know.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on January 29, 2009, 10:30:25 AM
Also, if people are still down for the Chinese New Year Gathering let me know.
When exactly IS the Chinese New Year Gathering...?