Any people in Oakland?

Started by L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu, April 07, 2008, 03:09:34 PM

RyuHayabusa

So for AOD, is there going to be a gathering at the Chevy's in Downtown SF at 2:30 p.m sunday? I'm down with that, just to get lunch in the City. I'm not technically from Oakland, but anyone that's from the east bay should go to this.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on February 02, 2009, 11:24:48 PM
So for AOD, is there going to be a gathering at the Chevy's in Downtown SF at 2:30 p.m sunday? I'm down with that, just to get lunch in the City. I'm not technically from Oakland, but anyone that's from the east bay should go to this.

To be honest, I didn't even know S.F. had a Chevys. Therefor, I don't know where it is. But if it's close and if the people who want to go think it's a good meet up spot, why not? I'd be down for it. Any others?

roth14

I just found out I can't go to AOD. grr. Sorry everyone.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: roth14 on February 06, 2009, 06:15:19 PM
I just found out I can't go to AOD. grr. Sorry everyone.

Aw, that's too bad.

It comes with great discomfort that I have to cancel the gathering (though it looks like no one was interested). My grandmother is having her birthday party today and told me on short notice.

Despite this fact I am going to make my AODcon thread in hopes that some folks show for a cool East Bay gathering.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well so far it seems like all of these gatherings have been a bust. We should create something simple I think. Like a gathering at the Manga section of a bookstore or something ^^;

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on February 19, 2009, 12:13:53 AM
Well so far it seems like all of these gatherings have been a bust. We should create something simple I think. Like a gathering at the Manga section of a bookstore or something ^^;

Not completely. I actually was able to meet up with someone. And my con experience was fun.

I'm still on.

Jerry

How was AOD? did you actually meet someone. in person?

owh mai garsh :)

we'll eventually plan out something for the great mall, milpitas.

once you establish your identity to more peeps here, and have more sucessful gatherings ppl will show if you have a plan.

I just cant think of any hangout spots in the east bay, mostly because im not familar with the area :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Jerry on February 19, 2009, 10:36:42 AM

once you establish your identity to more peeps here, and have more sucessful gatherings ppl will show if you have a plan.

I just cant think of any hangout spots in the east bay, mostly because im not familar with the area :P

AOD was fun! I was alone for about 3/4 of the con but none the less it was fun. And yersh, I did meet someone in person. He actually found meeh. I actually learned alot about gathering, too. Always post where your going to meet... -_- I unfortunately forgot to and only meeting one person was the end result. But, it's like they say, better one then none.

I personally don't know where The Great Mall is, but if it isn't too far away I'd gladly come. I should start googlin'. n_n

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on February 19, 2009, 11:10:19 AM
Quote from: Jerry on February 19, 2009, 10:36:42 AM

AOD was fun! I was alone for about 3/4 of the con but none the less it was fun. And yersh, I did meet someone in person. He actually found meeh. I actually learned alot about gathering, too. Always post where your going to meet... -_- I unfortunately forgot to and only meeting one person was the end result. But, it's like they say, better one then none.

I personally don't know where The Great Mall is, but if it isn't too far away I'd gladly come. I should start googlin'. n_n
The Great Mall is a ways away from the Oakland area. It's down more by San Jose.

There's various hangout places around in the East Bay. There's Game & Book stores. Movie theatres. There's Dr. Comics & Mr Games Comic, Card, and Game store in the Piedmont/Oakland area. There's some nice mall type areas in Hayward, Emeryville, and Alameda. Let's not forget movie theatres around in the area either.

otakuapprentice

I love the fact of how much suggestion has gone into planning this, yet an ACTUAL gathering hasn't happened yet.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: otakuapprentice on February 19, 2009, 07:01:22 PM
I love the fact of how much suggestion has gone into planning this, yet an ACTUAL gathering hasn't happened yet.
That was similar to a point I made later. Too much time was spent without even setting dates and such. Perhaps I should just go try to create another gathering...again...this time in a public place. I'm actually quite good at planning things...

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: otakuapprentice on February 19, 2009, 07:01:22 PM
There was one...kinda. It just wasn't a successful one.

Jerry

if at first u dont succeed. just try and try again.

heck, i think ive had unsuccessful gatherings, i think.  ::)
okay, maybe not. all my gatherings are awesome!

even if i try to purposely make them fail! :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Jerry on February 20, 2009, 10:25:58 AM

Lucky! My next one should be pulled off good... I hope.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on February 20, 2009, 11:10:14 AM
Quote from: Jerry on February 20, 2009, 10:25:58 AM

Lucky! My next one should be pulled off good... I hope.
Well one thing that helps is planning it a month or more in advance. Another is setting an actual date and time, that way you can see if that really works for people. It may also help planning someplace all of us can get to easily, ESPECIALLY by Public Transit. Maybe you could host it at Jack London or Piedmont? Both are pretty accessible by public transit.

roth14

Is anyone going to the Okage Sama de cosplay tea in march?

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: roth14 on February 23, 2009, 09:39:22 AM

What's that? -Googles-

Ayanami Rei First Child

Are you sure it's in march? I can't seem to find anything on their MySpace that tells me their next gathering is in March.

PoisonFish

I'm sorry I've been gone. My computer had died for the better part of a month.

Areas in berkeley that are a good gathering place is eudemonia and Games of Berkeley, both are right near shattuck Bart and by the UC berkeley campus. The problem with Dr. Comics in Oakland is it's not quite near Bart.

Anyhow, I'd be down for a meeting in Berkeley just because it's easy to get to. Perhaps one of us should just set a tentative date for the next month or one after that?

roth14

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on February 23, 2009, 04:29:45 PM
Are you sure it's in march? I can't seem to find anything on their MySpace that tells me their next gathering is in March.

Well they just released a video on youtube and said it was on the 21 of March but would publish more information soon. I just went on their youtube site and they said it was on the 14 actually. Just look them up on you tube :http://www.youtube.com/OkageSamaDePro.