Feeling that con crunch yet?

Started by Squeeky_Moonkin, April 11, 2008, 07:43:47 PM

Squeeky_Moonkin

So I have a few things here and there to wrap up. I need to make a new neko ear and tail set. I hope to raise enough extra$$ to get a new wig. I also need to  go out and buy iron on transfer sheets to try something out for another costume. If that doesn't work, then I need to order a bright yellow star patch the largest size i can find. Other than ebay, anyone know of any good sites or custom embroidery patch web sites? I also need to finish up some neko ear sets to sell on the side to gain more funding, as well as make some for my roomates ^_^. I need to try on my belial outfit and make sure it still fits in the chest/back/and ribcage portions. I als need to start typing up my pack list. Thats always so useful when packing the week before. Oh snaz!!!! I also need to find shoes for my B&W gown and see if the mum and law can hem the bottom of it. It's like 12 inches too long and I have a limit on heel height.

What I have completed is:
Pre -reg
Vampire Knight day cosplay
B&W ball gown
air fare
90% of hotel fare
minimum $$ for food and shopping in Artist Alley

so how are all of your arrangements for fanime coming along?

Mister_E

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Runewitt

i need money, anda  pair of sandals, and some money, and some overalls, and a long sleeve red t-shirt.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

BrightHeart76

I need a pair of boots, some makeup, some alterations on my cosplays, my hair dye to show up...oh yeah and for the people I commissioned my wigs from to respond to my e-mails.  Stressing the wigs....but so long as that works out I'll be set once fanime comes around.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: Runewitt on April 11, 2008, 08:29:00 PM
i need money, anda  pair of sandals, and some money, and some overalls, and a long sleeve red t-shirt.

have you tried a thrift store?

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 11, 2008, 09:22:15 PM
I need a pair of boots, some makeup, some alterations on my cosplays, my hair dye to show up...oh yeah and for the people I commissioned my wigs from to respond to my e-mails.  Stressing the wigs....but so long as that works out I'll be set once fanime comes around.

what sort of boots?

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: Mister_E on April 11, 2008, 07:45:34 PM
I need more cash and a stick!

I have this odd image of you on the streets as a pimp....sorry the stick made me think of a fancy cane, then my head though big hat with feather, and it kept on wandering from there  ???

Mister_E

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on April 11, 2008, 09:33:18 PM
Quote from: Mister_E on April 11, 2008, 07:45:34 PM
I need more cash and a stick!

I have this odd image of you on the streets as a pimp....sorry the stick made me think of a fancy cane, then my head though big hat with feather, and it kept on wandering from there  ???
No no you must be thinking of my firend Pimp Kakashi, the cash if for stuff and what not and the stick is more my Zeon Flag.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on April 11, 2008, 09:32:14 PM

what sort of boots?

I'm doing Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle and she has a pair of brown ankle high boots.  I need to find those, but I have pair of black boots that'll be just fine if I don't find the brown ones.  Crumby part of having tiny feet is that I rarely find normal styles, they're always either the lastest cartoon or patent leather and bows. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

AnimeEmperor

I'm just fine, because I plan for Fanime all year round. The rest of the year only exists in order to prepare for Fanime. Fanime takes priority over school, work, and it would over my social life as well....if I had one.

I could always earn some extra money for it though.

otakuya

Hm...no pre-reg, no costume, no hotel room, no real plan of action, no money, con's next month.

I feel ready. ^_^,,,

Sen

I know staff has been feeling that crunch. Weee!!!
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

IshokuOsero

I'm used to the "crunch-time" since it's always like this before I take a trip. For me, Fanime is halfway across the country, but it'll be worth it anyways. x3

I have my minimum amount of money saved up and I've had the hotel room and flight booked since I found out An Cafe was coming back in mid Jan. I had the badge not long after that. ~ So now I'm just saving up a bit more cash and waiting. Such a long wait, yet it's so close! I want it to come tomorrow!

quantbits

I'm feeling a slight crunch as I have to break in new equipment, learn some new techniques, and all that jazz.
the other crunch would be having to do research in fashion photography as well for each of my photoshoots to improve my photography.

But I would rather call it work/fun.  ;D

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 11, 2008, 10:03:24 PM
Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on April 11, 2008, 09:32:14 PM

what sort of boots?

I'm doing Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle and she has a pair of brown ankle high boots.  I need to find those, but I have pair of black boots that'll be just fine if I don't find the brown ones.  Crumby part of having tiny feet is that I rarely find normal styles, they're always either the lastest cartoon or patent leather and bows. 

yardsales and thrift stores are heavenly for things like that.

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: Sen on April 12, 2008, 12:36:56 AM

I think staff feels  the crunch come 3 months before all the way till day before the con.  <3 staff members

heeroyuy135

The only crunch I'm feeling is making sure that my con planning doesn't distract me away from Finals, thankfully my last Final is on Tuesday so I have all of Wednesday and Thursday to prepare.

JTchinoy

What con crunch?  I'm winging it!!! :)
No plan, just have fun. w00t.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

M

Quote from: Sen on April 12, 2008, 12:36:56 AM
I'm feeling the crunch from my FanimeCon work and paid job work. =D

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 12, 2008, 02:33:40 PM
Thank god you don't do anything important. OH BURN! :P

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin<insert multiple posts here>
If you can, please reply to multiple posts in one post (see what I did here?).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

JTchinoy

Quote from: MPLe on April 12, 2008, 02:38:19 PM

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 12, 2008, 02:33:40 PM
Thank god you don't do anything important. OH BURN! :P

Thanks Milton.  :-\
I'm going to be emo while holding those unimportant e-gaming tournaments. :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X