[ Insert random emo title]

Started by L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu, April 13, 2008, 04:48:02 AM

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

I'll probably get VERY emo in this thread somewhere ,but stick with me? There's a moral to this ... I think.

For me, I was... I guess, sad. Kids bullied me. I bought into it. I cried. New day. I was always feeling sorry for myself and pussying up to the "bullies". It was like that for all the up until late middle school, early high school. I just one day realized "It's pointless to go on this way.. And kind of pathetic." So like, one day I was sitting in class and some people were talking shit about me. I could've turned around and stated a scene but I didn't, I just ignored them and carried on with my day (I think I forgot waht happened as the day went on, I have the memory of a goldfish so... Hehe.).

So, I was sitting on my bed (probably drawing) and I thought "Why are people so mean to me? I'm just a quiet kid who sits in the back of the class whose quiet. What am I doing wrong?". What I didn't realize is that the very thing that I was doing was wrong: blaming myself.

People can be some fucked up bastard. It's almost like they're out to get you sometimes. But in some instances it not the people who need to change, maybe it's *you*. I sat, thought, I cried, I realized. "What the fuck are you being a pathetic, cry baby for? Just because someone say shit about you that doesn't mean it's true."

Sadly enough, it took me a very long time to understand this, but I do now and I'm glad.

I'm glad I stopped blaming everyone else. I'm glad I stopped crying. I'm glad I grew up.

This ain't for you to feel sorry for me, or for you to show me pitty, more or less, for folks to think befor feeling sorry for themselves. I did it for too long and I missed out on good stuff cause I was being a sorry little kid.

What am I like now? Changed. I emo less. I cry less. I think about why I do things more. I realize that people will always find way to be jackasses, idiots and morons and that sometimes it's best to just ignore them, 'cause if you know anything you know that argueing with an idiot is pointless. And most of all! I'm stronger and wiser. n_n

-Leslie!

(You... You got the moral right? RIGHT?! Aw shit... I guess there might not've been a moral to begin with.)

Jun-Watarase

Such is life.

I'm sure everyone on this forums has feelings on the subject of bullying and going through high school, whether or not them being in a direct situation or being involved themselves. It's a very common occurrence, and definitely not an uncommon feeling. To cry, to think, to rationalize, and to grow stronger is all a part of growing up. Not as if there's no bullying outside of high school, but at least then, you have some sort of means of experience and knowledge to work on.

How you evaluate your own case depends on you. Sometimes it's one-sided, sometimes it's the fault of both the bully and the bullied. If they were bullying you supposedly "without reason" and just did so to make themselves feel superior, I don't think I even need to go into how stupid and immature that is. In another light, while you shouldn't feel like you should change for others, if there's an inherent flaw that gets you into trouble that ultimately YOU are not comfortable with, change it and improve as a person. Don't neglect something about yourself that bothers you and causes you stress, be active and do something about it. Just "being yourself" is a god awful poor excuse-- while I promote individuality, there are always reasons to improve.

Another thing is to gain confidence. If you have this, then your bullies would at least have some respect for you if you carry yourself properly, and so will everyone else that'll take notice around you. It'd also make such instances hurt less, or at least, make your stronger and more apathetic towards them.

Again, this is just how life is. I think you just described like 90% of the typical teenage population.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

... Get a livejournal... blog... whatever, I don't see the point in why this thread was made outside of self verification as if you're expecting people to cheer you on and say good job, or whatever.

But just to address some points. Why do people pick on you? Because you make yourself out to be a target to be picked on. Why do people pick on others...

That's their form of self verification.

Frankly... it's not best to "ignore them". Sometimes it is, but in general it's not a smart thing to do according to situation. So if you're throwing that out as advice, you're probably gonna get some poor kid into a worse situation. Then you act like a hypocrite and call everyone that bullied you an "idiot". Because obviously, anyone that is arguing with you and causing you trouble is "automatically an idiot", right? You obviously know better than them and they are just stupid for doing what they're doing.

First off, understand the basis of why they're doing it. Until you know/understand that, you really are no better than they are if you just pass it off as "them being idiots", even if what they're doing isn't right.

So once more... what was the point of this? From what I gathered, you basically stated "Don't whine, other people are stupid and you should ignore them." If this is what constitutes being stronger and wiser... then... god damn...

Jun-Watarase

Er, yeah. Pyron pretty much gave a less sugarcoated version of what I wanted to have you understand.

There are always reasons for people to pick on a person, but you yourself have to realize if that trait of yours needs improvement or if they're just bullying you for the sake of bullying. It's a pretty tough subject, but I understand a teen's urge to rant about emo crap at your stage in life. From your perspective, you might think they're wrong, whereas in their point of view, they might think you're wrong. You might be-- so don't throw that possibility away, but it's also up to you to develop a tougher skin to be able to think rationally enough to see whether or not you're being made fun of for what reason. From that, you know what to improve on. I said in my last post not to ignore this.

I'm not trying to kick you around like a sad puppy, nor am I giving you a pat on the back. These thoughts aren't uncommon for teenagers, but it really couldn't hurt to try and understand why it is earlier on. From what I've seen from you on these forums, I have many reasons to want to dislike you and some incentive to even feel malicious towards the type of person you are. If I were a bully, I'd bully you, because you have traits I might not like. You get defensive and start stooping down to a lower level by acting immature when people disagree with you, instead of trying to understand other people's reasons as to why they disagree with you-- in many cases, that wouldn't make you any better than the "bully" and perhaps even lower than them. My opinion will say that you're wrong in what you say most of the time, but it's not my responsibility to break it down and explain why I think you're wrong. It's up to you to figure out if something about you isn't good or generally disliked and whether or not you should fix it.

Taking the high road and trying to improve yourself to prevent bullying would probably be a wise choice. Be strong, but not stubborn-- rationalization is key.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

-Crack her knuckles- Been a while since I've actually had to explain myself... Should be fun? (not)

First off, understand the basis of why they're doing it. Until you know/understand that, you really are no better than they are if you just pass it off as "them being idiots", even if what they're doing isn't right.

Well, I understand why people bully others. It's usually a form of lack of self confidence or self esteem. In that light, [the people I'm reffering to] people are idiots... Because, no matter had badly you feel about yourself running around putting down people is out of the question and should in no way be looked over. Numerous time through out my life I've felt unconfident, but I had the balls enough to think things through and solve my problems. Why can't others?

So once more... what was the point of this? From what I gathered, you basically stated "Don't whine, other people are stupid and you should ignore them." If this is what constitutes being stronger and wiser... then... god damn...

People seem to argue alot here and there on these forums. I see it alot (maybe it's where I'm going?), so I decided to post one of the many life experiences I've had sort of out of randomness (it was 4:40 am..) and to see what folks think. Some think its just emo crap from chick going through puberty others find the semi-valid moral in it. If that's bad then... Geez.

... Get a livejournal... blog... whatever, I don't see the point in why this thread was made outside of self verification as if you're expecting people to cheer you on and say good job, or whatever.

NEGATIVE. I *have* a live journal but it's just a bootleg ass Myspace. And as far as Myspace goes... It's growing old. So! My question to you is "Why waste your time?". If this thread seems pointless to you, why post here? Does it make you feel like "Almighty Pyron" to post your knowledge and wisdom on threads of on relevance? Just asking.

But just to address some points. Why do people pick on you? Because you make yourself out to be a target to be picked on. Why do people pick on others...

Why do/did people pick on me? I was always laughing. Which made them think I was always happy (I think I laughed alot as a front to hide how I really felt. I mean... I could laugh my ass off at absolutly nothing. YES, really.). So yes, in a sense... I did make myself a target. But at the same time, they were sad excuses for life (<--- critcal, mean,and untrue, but I don't want to delete it. Mature, huh?). Where I live, in Oakland, there is lots of violence, crime, and negativity. And where my school was located was like a crack spot. The children at my school probably went through alot outside of their homes. But do I give an anorexic fuck? Hell no. If you mother doesn't love you, or your friend got killed, don't take that shit out on me. (This is where I get mad and turn into something close to a mean, immoral, bitch.) I don't give a fuck. If you want my attention or affection: SPEAK TO ME. Don't call me ugly or say I'm hella black (I have a mirror, people.). Back to the notion of my being a target. I was, but if you see a can on the ground are you under an obligation to step on it. Nope. Why do people pick on others? Insecure with themselves and need some way to feel big.

Taking the high road and trying to improve yourself to prevent bullying would probably be a wise choice. Be strong, but not stubborn-- rationalization is key.

Well, thats what I did. I tried my best not to stand out: No good. I kept trying but ultimatly people were going to say what they wanted regaudless of what I did. It was just how I as going to deal with it that was pissing me off. I remember once a boy in middle school said "She ain't shit." (in reference to me). I though I was going to die. I ignored it but it got through to me in the end. Now. I would've responded... In a violent, rude, personal way.

Kazuko

umm Livejournal was way out BEFORE myspace along with facebook (facebook used to be open only to college students) so get your facts straight okay?

bullies are weird they ususally pick on others to overcompensate their shortcommings, they have problems of their own and dont want to deal with it so they target the quiet, the shy or whoever seems like easy bait because why? because they wont fight back! they would just keep their mouth shut and whine about it rather than DO something about it. Sometimes the person being picked on becomes the bully themselfs and its a weird cycle. Especially among girls since they bite arround everything from, weight to style to being an individual

I was picked on in school because of my weight but I never let it get to me...well a few times it did but I just stood up and told them off that they were being shallow to pick on someone for weight told them to look at it from my shoes but that was my situation.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Okay, okay. I got the Myspace/LiveJournal bit wrong. My pardons. Valid point though.

PyronIkari

Ah, and so the hypocrisy starts. I love how defensive you got. It just reflects so well how it goes against EVERYTHING YOU JUST STATED.

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 13, 2008, 11:08:13 AM
Well, I understand why people bully others. It's usually a form of lack of self confidence or self esteem. In that light, [the people I'm reffering to] people are idiots... Because, no matter had badly you feel about yourself running around putting down people is out of the question and should in no way be looked over. Numerous time through out my life I've felt unconfident, but I had the balls enough to think things through and solve my problems. Why can't others?
And why do they feel that way? Why do they choose to vent that way? You throw out the basic reasonings but that's it. What is causing them personally to act like this? And just to let you know, not all people bully for solely those reasons. Let's take a look at the adult world here for a second. Let's look at the business world, let's look at business, let's look at industry. Does your boss pick on you because he feels unconfident and because they have a lack of self-esteem? They harass you at work because they don't have the balls enough to think things through and solve my problems?

You seem to not acknowledge quite a bit.

QuotePeople seem to argue alot here and there on these forums. I see it alot (maybe it's where I'm going?), so I decided to post one of the many life experiences I've had sort of out of randomness (it was 4:40 am..) and to see what folks think. Some think its just emo crap from chick going through puberty others find the semi-valid moral in it. If that's bad then... Geez.

Rather, it's more pointless. I created a discussion out of this by addressing things that weren't implimented and caused there to be something to talk about. I raised questions out of mentions, where as in general these should be implimented into the op, because otherwise there's no point in it.

QuoteNEGATIVE. I *have* a live journal but it's just a bootleg ass Myspace. And as far as Myspace goes... It's growing old. So! My question to you is "Why waste your time?". If this thread seems pointless to you, why post here? Does it make you feel like "Almighty Pyron" to post your knowledge and wisdom on threads of on relevance? Just asking.
Ugh... I'm ignoring the first part due to sheer stupidity and lack of relevence. I post because I prefer to salvage crap that seems like it MIGHT be able to be salvaged (even though the better half of me says I shouldn't waste my time on this crap).

QuoteWhy do/did people pick on me? I was always laughing. Which made them think I was always happy (I think I laughed alot as a front to hide how I really felt. I mean... I could laugh my ass off at absolutly nothing. YES, really.). So yes, in a sense... I did make myself a target. But at the same time, they were sad excuses for life (<--- critcal, mean,and untrue, but I don't want to delete it. Mature, huh?). Where I live, in Oakland, there is lots of violence, crime, and negativity. And where my school was located was like a crack spot. The children at my school probably went through alot outside of their homes. But do I give an anorexic fuck? Hell no. If you mother doesn't love you, or your friend got killed, don't take that shit out on me. (This is where I get mad and turn into something close to a mean, immoral, bitch.) I don't give a fuck. If you want my attention or affection: SPEAK TO ME. Don't call me ugly or say I'm hella black (I have a mirror, people.). Back to the notion of my being a target. I was, but if you see a can on the ground are you under an SO obligation to step on it. Nope. Why do people pick on others? Insecure with themselves and need some way to feel big.

Assumptions. WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT... Now what you say doesn't make any damned sense at all. You went from stating how you were all emo cry cry, bull shit, to being "mature" and ignoring everything to now you were lashing out. As I said, you don't have a damned clue *WHY* people are acting the way they were, and you haven't a damned clue why the bullied you. Which from what it sounds like, was hardly bullying. You don't even care to understand or bother to care why they thought the way they did, so frankly, you're no better than they are being. Lack of understanding, and finding an outlet. Your outlet was different, but it stems from the same place. You're just as unconfident, and lacking just as much self-esteem as they are...

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TALK?

Rationalization? How the hell are you being rational?

QuoteWell, thats what I did. I tried my best not to stand out: No good. I kept trying but ultimatly people were going to say what they wanted regaudless of what I did. It was just how I as going to deal with it that was pissing me off. I remember once a boy in middle school said "She ain't shit." (in reference to me). I though I was going to die. I ignored it but it got through to me in the end. Now. I would've responded... In a violent, rude, personal way.

OH MY... GOD... OHNOS SOMEONE SAID "SHE AIN'T SHIT." IN REFERENCE TO YOU?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?! Oh man, that's so harsh, that is so horrible, no wonder you cried in your room, and you hated everyone, oh man... you're totally right. You really don't understand how people work.

You don't have it hard at all, and you're making such a huge deal out of such small crap. How is this being rational at all? How is this being mature? Oh wow, because responding in a violent and rude and personal way... IS ALSO SO MATURE AND TOTALLY HOW TO GO ABOUT THINGS... Because you know, if you act WORSE THAN THEY DO, that's totally the right way to go about it.

How you're acting is far from mature, and far from rational. It's eas to type yourself up and make yourself seem like you're being something good. It took one whole post from me to show that you're acting the exact opposite of what you stated.

Why did I post? Because I knew there was a lot more behind this post than you let on, and I wanted to pull it out.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 13, 2008, 11:08:13 AM

If that is what you concluded with, you really don't have much of an understanding at all.

QuoteNEGATIVE. I *have* a live journal but it's just a bootleg ass Myspace. And as far as Myspace goes... It's growing old. So! My question to you is "Why waste your time?".

I think what he meant there was that this is your own personal rant, and not quite worth making a thread on in a public forum as opposed to your own personal blog.

QuoteWhy do/did people pick on me? I was always laughing. Which made them think I was always happy (I think I laughed alot as a front to hide how I really felt. I mean... I could laugh my ass off at absolutly nothing. YES, really.). So yes, in a sense... I did make myself a target. But at the same time, they were sad excuses for life (<--- critcal, mean,and untrue, but I don't want to delete it. Mature, huh?). Where I live, in Oakland, there is lots of violence, crime, and negativity. And where my school was located was like a crack spot. The children at my school probably went through alot outside of their homes. But do I give an anorexic fuck? Hell no. If you mother doesn't love you, or your friend got killed, don't take that shit out on me. (This is where I get mad and turn into something close to a mean, immoral, bitch.) I don't give a fuck. If you want my attention or affection: SPEAK TO ME. Don't call me ugly or say I'm hella black (I have a mirror, people.). Back to the notion of my being a target. I was, but if you see a can on the ground are you under an obligation to step on it. Nope. Why do people pick on others? Insecure with themselves and need some way to feel big.

For one thing, that's all you. You made yourself seem like you don't actually care when people pick on you, so why should they? It doesn't matter how "bad" things are for you, but rather, how you present yourself and display for people to judge you from.

QuoteTaking the high road and trying to improve yourself to prevent bullying would probably be a wise choice. Be strong, but not stubborn-- rationalization is key.

Well, thats what I did. I tried my best not to stand out: No good. I kept trying but ultimatly people were going to say what they wanted regaudless of what I did. It was just how I as going to deal with it that was pissing me off. I remember once a boy in middle school said "She ain't shit." (in reference to me). I though I was going to die. I ignored it but it got through to me in the end. Now. I would've responded... In a violent, rude, personal way.

I'll just say that you misinterpreted what I meant when I had said this. I'm not suggesting you to hide yourself from the public. I'm suggesting for you to consider BECOMING A BETTER PERSON. People have the rights to say whatever they want, but it's all you on whether or not you should take it to heart. In all honesty, I don't exactly understand how someone saying "She ain't shit" in reference to you should... even affect you. Sure, it'd hurt your feelings but come on. If you honestly think this is something worth getting emo over, you don't have it that bad at all.

See, people judge on the type of person you are based off of what YOU present yourself as. They have the right to have an opinion, along with being able to speak about their opinion. In some cases, you can just ignore them, but in reoccurring incidents focused on your flaws, you could build upon acknowledging what they're making fun of and fix it. If you read my other post, you do put yourself up on this forum and show traits that are easily dislikable. One of which, you're presenting now, is how you demote yourself in terms of maturity when you become defensive.

This isn't you thinking rationally. This is just being immature.

FanimaidCafe.com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

@ Pyron: You made your point. @Jun: You made your point. I read you guys post and everything they is true.I get what you are saying. Happy now? Is anyone else out there? -echo- my topic can't be THAT bad... Can it?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 13, 2008, 02:18:18 PM
@ Pyron: You made your point. @Jun: You made your point. I read you guys post and everything they is true.I get what you are saying. Happy now? Is anyone else out there? -echo- my topic can't be THAT bad... Can it?

But that's the problem. You can listen to a point, whether it be someone lecturing you or bullying you, making fun of you, etc... but you refuse to learn from them. You just shrug off things people tell you and move on without gaining a thing.

FanimaidCafe.com

mDuo13

FYI, he may not realize/intend it, but PyronIkari is kind of a bully.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: mDuo13 on April 13, 2008, 05:12:29 PM
Lol. Yeah, well, despite being an asshole there was truth to a few of the things he said.

XpHoBiaX

I've gotten the shit beaten out of me as a kid too. I learned that its a dog eat dog place and if you can't handle it you are going to get snot stomped. That is how the world works.  If you don't stand up fpr yourself, you are going to get pushed around.

You have got to understand that when you throw yourself out infront of a crowd, there will be a mixture of negative and positive responses. I have noticed you have some issues that you are getting off your chest by posting up these threads. Fine, have at it. But don't get upset at the responses. Its just a RESPONSE.   

But people like Pyron and Jun will come at you with a fat reality check. Harsh? That is the world. I give them props, becuase what they say isn't sugar coated and babied and toned down. When things are sugar coated and g rated, you tend to miss the overall point of the matter. I don't think that they are trying to bully people, they're just stating the truth. The truth is not a pretty thing. I was raised the same way.

People will pick on others regardless of how or what/who they are. It's how you take it.
What you are going through is LIFE. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger.
Take what you learned and grow from it. Don't be afraid to take the hits with the swings.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

:) What you said was real but wasn't mean or sugar coated. Thank you.

XpHoBiaX

PyronIkari

This made me laugh. If you think what I do is bullying, you haven't a damned clue.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 13, 2008, 10:09:22 PM

This made me laugh. If you think what I do is bullying, you haven't a damned clue.

Charles is a bully. =(

FanimaidCafe.com

zoupzuop2

I had this big 'ol post to respond, but I'll just sum it up:

Confidence, and a spine to back it up. And/or, just make it not fun anymore to have them badger you.

Someone makes fun of you lightly? Brush it off.
Someone pursues you with their bullying? Blow them off further, as if they don't matter (and USUALLY they don't).
Someone gets physical? Step 1, Warn (usually in a way that implies that both of you have better things to do with your time, in an apathetic manner). Step 2, if they haven't stopped by now, dodge their strikes, and leave the situation to a place with witnesses, if they pursue further. If a strike lands? If you're in middle school, do what I did back then.

Fuck 'em up. Tear them apart. They have to strike first, but once they do they're fair game, scientology style.
Then, once they're gasping on the ground, work things out. Many times, they won't want to take the case to the office-- their pain is punishment enough. ;3

High school? Not so easy, but if you have any sort of legitimate evidence that they've been badgering you for a long time, they may let you off easier. I had one scuffle in High School (ever), and all they had me do was a bit of community service (like, an hour. That's child's play). The other guy was FAR worse off-- apparently he had a track record for what he did.

At least, in my experience, it all boils down to having confidence and something to back it up. Appearance does help, but with confidence, it'll be physically obvious anyway.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Thank you so much, Zoup! I appreciate the post and will take the advice given! n_n