Maid Cafe Volunteer Training Notice

Started by Thoth, April 15, 2008, 07:22:00 PM

Thoth

For those still interested in volunteering for the Maid Cafe, please check the maid cafe section of the website, under events. We have dates, times, and locations for upcoming training dates. Those looking to volunteer for this year's Maid Cafe need to attend one of these training meetings.

Sunday 4/13/08 - Parkside Hall - Room B (Parkside Hall is located across the street from the San Jose Convention directly behind the Civic Auditorium)

Sunday 4/20/08 - San Jose Convention Center - Meeting Room B - 2nd Floor

Sunday 5/4/08 - San Jose Civic Auditorium (across the street from San Jose Convention Center)

All meetings from 9 AM to 1 PM.

Hope to see you there.
Feeds.  Welcome to the Fanime boards.  Are you ready to pull the rawhide?  Just stay away from my mouse footpath.

Thoth

There's one more meeting! If you haven't yet attended, here's the last date and time!

Sunday 5/4/08 - San Jose Civic Auditorium (across the street from San Jose Convention Center)

9 AM to 1 PM.

Please be there if you want to volunteer for the maid cafe.
Feeds.  Welcome to the Fanime boards.  Are you ready to pull the rawhide?  Just stay away from my mouse footpath.

Jun-Watarase

For those who have attended the last two meetings, it is highly advised to attend the meeting on the 4th for review, and practice one-on-one. If you have attended the past meetings and either lost or did not receive a 7-page Maid Cafe Training Guide, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you a copy asap. If you have, please study the guide and remember the points, language training, and behavioral training. Thank you.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

What is the deadline to order maid outfits?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

konmoni

Yes, speaking of maid outfits, I'm curious as to where people will be getting these from.  I've searched cosmates, candy fruit, as well as bodyline and several auctions.  Is it just me or are some of the maid outfits on bodyline cheaper than the exact same ones on cosmates?  =\

*rei*

Quote from: konmoni on April 22, 2008, 07:52:16 PM
Yes, speaking of maid outfits, I'm curious as to where people will be getting these from.  I've searched cosmates, candy fruit, as well as bodyline and several auctions.  Is it just me or are some of the maid outfits on bodyline cheaper than the exact same ones on cosmates?  =\

I've just been checking out the maid outfits on bodyline and thought they were really cute. Konmoni, have you had any experience ordering from them? I noticed they only listed a set of measurements for each outfit, and I wasn't sure if it comes in other sizes.  I'm reluctant to order from them, even though I really do want to.

Does anybody else have experience shopping at bodyline?

Also, I only found the japanese website, is there a sister website in english?
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

Kazuko

I have done a bit of bodylining for some friends but the really cheap ones have HORRIBLE quality, satin and cheap lace wise. bodyline goes through Cosmates for the english part

http://www.cosmates.jp/shop/index/cp-43_222.html <-- that is where the maid outfits are, Do not confuse them with the Gothic Lolita section. Lolita fashion is IN NO WAY affliliated with Maid outfits. (im part of the lolita fashion circle and it makes most of us cringe)

by the way, there were two links Sydney provided in the first email that all people interested in maid cafe could order from. but yeah it would have to be approved by them as long as its black x white and appropriate (like nothing sexual or western/french maid costume). I suggest emailing them for any questions regarding uniforms

*rei*

is there any way to PM Sydney? I dont know how to get in contact with her. I just want to find new websites where I can possibly purchase a maid outfit. Do you have any recommendations other than the ones on ebay, cosmates, and bodyline? maybe im not looking hard enough  :-[
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

Tony

Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

konmoni

Quote from: *rei* on April 24, 2008, 02:31:43 PM
I've just been checking out the maid outfits on bodyline and thought they were really cute. Konmoni, have you had any experience ordering from them? I noticed they only listed a set of measurements for each outfit, and I wasn't sure if it comes in other sizes.  I'm reluctant to order from them, even though I really do want to.

Does anybody else have experience shopping at bodyline?

Also, I only found the japanese website, is there a sister website in english?

Sorry rei, I haven't any experience ordering from Bodyline.  I ended up getting something from cosmates...  I've been looking terribly hard and the things I've found are either too expensive or the style isn't to my liking.  I spoke with Sydney at the first meeting regarding cosmates and she said outfits from there were fine.  As long as the skirts are not too short (I forgot how the trainers put it, but the length should either reach the tips of your fingers or further down?), there are sleeves, no cleavage showing, b+w...

From what I see on the website, there only appears to be two sizes: M(S) or L, and I don't think they custom tailor.  Do you know what your measurements are?  I ordered one of the dresses in a M(S) size.

As for another shop, you can check out http://www.milky-ange.com/html/catalogue/maid/maid_mini.htm  They're a little pricier, but they ship internationally.  You can go here for specifics on how that works - http://www.milky-ange.com/html/informationdesk/intlfaq.htm
I might order a headdress or katyusha from there, or try to make my own -_-;;

Hope that helped!

Kazuko

The sizes on cosmates/bodyline say M S or L but its best to take a tape measure to see if your measurements like bust and waist fits the  M, S or L sizes since they are a bit different from U.S sizes

lacus

hmm I just decided to volunteer for maid cafe this year..I will go to the Sunday meeting.
One question, do we need to buy the outfit ourselves? I remember last year everyone needs to buy their own outfit?
Also, what are the styles we can choose from? I have one maid outfit myself, but I still would like to buy another one if its cute and has good quality. XD

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: lacus on May 02, 2008, 01:10:45 AM
hmm I just decided to volunteer for maid cafe this year..I will go to the Sunday meeting.
One question, do we need to buy the outfit ourselves? I remember last year everyone needs to buy their own outfit?
Also, what are the styles we can choose from? I have one maid outfit myself, but I still would like to buy another one if its cute and has good quality. XD

If you have a photo of the outfit, it'd be great. You can either post it here or just e-mail it to me at ([email protected]) I'm fairly sure it should be fine as long as it resembles the classic maid uniform, and follows the black and white scheme. The only acceptable color in terms of small details is red, if there is any color at all. If it doesn't meet the basic requirements, it's best if you consider purchasing an alternative that does.

See you on Sunday!

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

lacus

oh..I guess I need to buy a new one since the other one I have is light blue.
Thanks for the reply =)

Thoth

There will be an emergency training meeting held Sunday, May 18th, from 10 am to 1 pm, at the San Jose Convention Center, Parkside Hall Room B. If you are interested in being a maid at the maid cafe, or volunteering in some fashion, please attend!

Thoth

There will a review meeting during Fanime at Meeting Room N, on Friday, at 5 PM. All maids need to attend this meeting.

lacus

Ah..glad I checked this thread  :D
You guys should send out an email about this, since I have not get email notice yet :P

I just got my maid dress today <--so happy! but the top part is a little big(I just fixed it) and the Katyusha is too short o.O|||
Most importantly, the japanese seller forgot to ship out the pannier T^T

But these things happen everytime when I was ordering costume online.^-^;;;
anyway, I'm so excited and looking forward to meet all the maids on Friday <3<3<3 :-*

thelifeoftehparty

Quote from: Thoth on May 18, 2008, 08:12:17 PM
There will a review meeting during Fanime at Meeting Room N, on Friday, at 5 PM. All maids need to attend this meeting.

Would it be okay if I'm late? I'll probably be arriving at Fanime at 5 (hopefully) and i need to pick up my registration.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: thelifeoftehparty on May 21, 2008, 12:50:14 AM
Quote from: Thoth on May 18, 2008, 08:12:17 PM

Would it be okay if I'm late? I'll probably be arriving at Fanime at 5 (hopefully) and i need to pick up my registration.

Being a little late is fine, but try to get there asap.

As for everyone else involved, GO. TO THAT. MEETING.

I shall quote my post on the other thread.

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 23, 2008, 09:39:41 AM
HEY. HEY. YOU PEOPLE. Yeah, that's right. YOU.

... thooooooose involved with the maid cafe, GO to the meeting at 5pm. All maids need to be there. It's mandatory. It's very mandatory. That's right. I mean it.

Go or we'll hunt you down.

With harpoons.

That is all.

FanimaidCafe.com