Death Note movie at CineMark

Started by Pika1979, April 17, 2008, 12:25:14 PM

Pika1979

I will be hitting up the Death Note more at the Union City Cinemark on May 20th it will be showing at 7:30 pm. is anyone else going? also if union city is too far away here is a link so you can check to see if there is a showing near you! http://www.cinemark.com/deathnote.asp
I know that most have seen it before on their computers or bootlegged copies. But I could not pass up seeing it in a movie house!

AnimeEmperor

There's a showing in pleasant hill? I may have to go to that....

abcbadcat

I haven't got around to finish watching Death Note but I probably will by the time this comes out.

This is pretty cool, Ima see if my GF wants to go see this.

I had this downloaded but seeing it in a theatre would be awesome.

edendreams

hmm pleasant hill is closer to me but i'll look into it sounds fun ^-^ i might go to milpitas since that's also pretty close

a little art by me ^-^

Eurobeat King

heh.. too bad it's not playing at my theater in San Francisco.  If it was, I could've arranged to possibly have a costume-contest at the screening, or at least host a cosplayer gathering.  Ah well.    Hope whoever goes to that has fun!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

BrightHeart76

It's actually showing in RENO!  The night before I leave for Fanime....oh this is such a good Omen!   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

AnimeEmperor

I found out it's going to be dubbed though, so now i'm not 100% sure if i'm going to go.....

Pika1979

well if they use the same people that they used for the anime dubbing then it wont be so bad

short_storiesgl

Me and my boyfriend went to the movies today and i saw that preview we lawl'd
but the movie was ruined for me but why the hell not.
im game
Dance Staff Second

abcbadcat

Alright, I'll be there at Oakridge one of those days.

Hell yeah!

JohnnyAR

Alright Death Note Movie!  I gotta see this!

rude32

Wow now that I hear it's dubbed, I might not go. Oh well, since it's playing pretty close and the theater it is playing at is pretty cheap, I'll probably hit it up anyway. I hope it's at least decent dub.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Eurobeat King

Found out my theater will be getting the Death Note movie, for both nights, on May 20th & 21st.  Tickets are on-sale now at Fandango.com or in-person at the box-office.   Price is $10 per ticket, and the movie will be English-dubbed.

I talked with the GM of my theater, and even though I can't organize a costume-contest (because NCM & FathomEvents are running it) those who are watching the movie ARE allowed to wear costumes to the screening. :)

I probably have to work those days and will stick-around to watch Tuesday and/or Wednesday's screening, and if those who are attending wish to have a cosplayer gathering, that'd be fun.

(We're also getting the Bleach movie in June..)

KazeOne

saw an ad for this while watching Iron Man today, but I doubt my local Cine 10 will be getting it but heres hoping, granted I already own the movies but still would be awesome to see on the big screen. :)

Jerry

just think of the time as a mini - pre cursor for Fanime which starts that Friday.

have fun to all who see it on the big screen.  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Eurobeat King

Jerry:  You're not kidding.. ;)  That Wednesday, the 21st, whether or not I work, I'll be going to the SF Century 9 to watch the Death Note movie, and then immediately afterwards watch the 12:01am showing of Indiana Jones & TKOTCS which we might be having.  I want to get Indy 4 out of the way before Fanime (kinda like what I did for Pirates 3 last year..)  So i'll be at my work-place for a long time that day.. 

Add that i need to get everything packed & ready to go for Fanime before Wednesday, it's going to be a very tiring week/weekend for me..

jazmatazz

Holy crap, that place is still in business?

If only I could remember where it was. xD I'd hella go.
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

crunchy

Any one going in Sacramento, if so lets meet up!!!!
You see, they say that people shrivel up because they have an imagination. So, don't imagine anything, you'll become brave as hell

Rei-Rei

Quote from: crunchy on May 07, 2008, 02:45:43 PM
Any one going in Sacramento, if so lets meet up!!!!
I'm in Sac, but I"m not sure, Maybe I'll go. ^^