Haruhi manga and light novel coming in English

Started by redroses3164, April 17, 2008, 06:11:35 PM

redroses3164

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-17/little-brown-gets-haruhi-light-novels-in-english

Wahoo! I'm excited. I love the light novels after reading a certain fan group's translations of them and now I'm excited that I'll be able to buy an actual book form of it! I can't wait for Disappearance, it's my favorite out of all the light novels.

Now what am I going to do with my printed copy of the fan group's translation that I printed at Kinkos...

mDuo13

Excellent. I've always found it a lot more satisfying to read things in paper form than on a computer screen, so this is welcome. I hope the localization of light novels becomes a trend, 'cause I really want someone to translate stuff like the Spice & Wolf ones!

zoupzuop2

I predict that this will somehow make news. Maybe the Mercury will do an article on how "Literacy is up with Manga fans-- or 'Otaku'-- with new 'Light novel' books" or some crap like that.

Still, great to see them coming overseas. Now I'll be able to, um, READ them.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

RyuHayabusa

I'll be picking them up as well, since I love to read and it helps pass the time as well. Plus I always wanted to read the source material after watching the anime and i can't wait to read them. That reminds me, i gotta pick up vol.1 of the Strawberry Panic light novels lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Nyxyin

redroses3164

Quote from: mDuo13 on April 17, 2008, 06:53:38 PM
Excellent. I've always found it a lot more satisfying to read things in paper form than on a computer screen, so this is welcome. I hope the localization of light novels becomes a trend, 'cause I really want someone to translate stuff like the Spice & Wolf ones!
Agreed! I would love to read Spice & Wolf.

Quote from: Nyxyin on April 18, 2008, 03:55:05 PM
Speaking of Haruhi in alternate formats, a friend sent me this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xx4tszZ-DE
... my cultural side cries a bit inside. (both of my parents are from the Philippines, not the area where the prison is but still...) Other than that, they're doing some parts wrong *coughs* but they're pretty in sync for such a huge group.

BDILN

Loved the anime, and given the fact that mangas are usually better...I'm excited. I'm holding off reading it online until it comes out officially.

Jun-Watarase

IIRC, light novels have been translated in English in the US, before, but they're not nearly as big as Haruhi.

The Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei manga is also being localized. I'm really curious as to how Zetsubou Sensei will turn out. o_0 It is easier to localize manga, rather than anime, though.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Nyxyin

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 20, 2008, 06:08:32 PMSayonara Zetsubou Sensei manga is also being localized. I'm really curious as to how Zetsubou Sensei will turn out. o_0
Me too!  Del Rey is currently my favorite licenser too, so I'm looking forward to it!  2009 is such a long time from now!  Can't wait!

Kyley

Good to hear!  I was hoping that someone would pick up this series!  :D

Magedark

I saw this and smiled. I can't believe it's actually being translated, so it came as a shock. Time to start saving I guess :D.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Magedark on April 24, 2008, 06:36:30 PM
I saw this and smiled. I can't believe it's actually being translated, so it came as a shock. Time to start saving I guess :D.

?

It was to be expected, especially how popular the series is and how large of a following it has in the US.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Nyxyin

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 24, 2008, 06:40:13 PMIt was to be expected, especially how popular the series is and how large of a following it has in the US.
It's a light novel, and all translated light novels are still rare enough (or at least publicized poorly enough) to be surprising.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Nyxyin on April 24, 2008, 10:07:24 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 24, 2008, 06:40:13 PMIt was to be expected, especially how popular the series is and how large of a following it has in the US.
It's a light novel, and all translated light novels are still rare enough (or at least publicized poorly enough) to be surprising.

Untrue. The past couple of years, they've been picking up popular light novels and translating them into English more frequently. Haruhi was bound to happen, as it was popular, not as a series, but as literature as well.

FanimaidCafe.com

lacus

That is really an exciting news =D
I wish some of the older fictions could be translated..like..record of lodoss war and slayers